Windows 10: Number Keys Issue (top row) and Power Toys

Discus and support Number Keys Issue (top row) and Power Toys in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Over the past 4 to 6 months there have been a handful of times where the top row of number keys on my keyboard stopped working early in the day, like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pheeper, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Number Keys Issue (top row) and Power Toys

Over the past 4 to 6 months there have been a handful of times where the top row of number keys on my keyboard stopped working early in the day, like within the first hour. At first I thought it was my keyboard, but swapping it out didn't fix it, a reboot did though.

This morning I logged in, opened my browser and went to center it on the screen using Power Toys by holding down Shift and moving the window but only go into full screen mode. I just assumed Power Toys was still starting up and moved on. A few minutes later I noticed the my top row of numbers had stopped working again. As I was searching for a solution online I went to center my browser and realized this time Power Toys was working. Curious if that had anything connection to the number key issue, I tried to use the keys and all of a sudden they worked.

As I mentioned above, this has happened a handful of times now and all have been since I've installed Power Toys. I'm not sure if Power Toys is causing this, or has anything to do it, but I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar issue.

submitted by /u/pheeper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pheeper, Jan 26, 2020

2. the top row is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, please reply:

1. What do you mean by "top row not working" not working? Are you referring to keyboard top row keys?

I would suggest you to go to the safe mode and see if the problem persists.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

• A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.

• Your system will automatically restart, press 4 or F4 key to go to the Safe Mode.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 26, 2020
  3. the top row is not working

Hi Bisa,

Thank you for posting you reply.

I suggest you to update the Keyboard drivers by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand Keyboard drivers.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.
    Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Number Keys Issue (top row) and Power Toys

Windows 10 power issue

Hi Adithyaram,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Number Keys Issue (top row) and Power Toys

1. Number Keys Issue (top row) and Power Toys - Similar Threads - Number Keys Issue

2. How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6: So, one day I went onto my PC, and I usually use the number keys from the top row instead of the number pad, but suddenly they don't work anymore.The only top-row number keys that work is 5 and 6. I've tried a number of ways, including to do Ctrl+Alt+Fn or Ctrl+Windows Key+Fn...
  3. How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6: So, one day I went onto my PC, and I usually use the number keys from the top row instead of the number pad, but suddenly they don't work anymore.The only top-row number keys that work is 5 and 6. I've tried a number of ways, including to do Ctrl+Alt+Fn or Ctrl+Windows Key+Fn...
  4. Power Toys v0.62.0

Power Toys v0.62.0: Is it required to have the .net runtime installed if I have the full .net framework already installed in order to run Power Toys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-toys-v0620/c514a507-3377-4abc-afa4-6a78eaf3c14a
  5. Power Toys Info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Toys Info: Power Toys is now version v0.53.3 and includes new Mouse UtilitiesCheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-toys-info/01d53f97-6977-4a19-b00a-9f1058356d6a
  6. Power Toys Info

Power Toys Info: Power Toys is now version v0.53.3 and includes new Mouse UtilitiesCheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-toys-info/01d53f97-6977-4a19-b00a-9f1058356d6a
  7. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  8. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  9. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Top row of keys not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Top row of keys not working: So i picked up an ASUS 15 flip and i noticed the keys along the top like volume, brightness, etc dont work. They do work if i hold Fn though. In device manager it says my keyboard drivers are up to date. Nothing has changed before or after Windows was done updating. Pressing...