Windows 10: number keys not working except 5 and 6

Discus and support number keys not working except 5 and 6 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MathivananT, Oct 9, 2018.

1. number keys not working except 5 and 6

In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working

> Un install keyboard driver and installed

> Removed recent windows updates

> Hold Ctrl, Fn and Alt keys for thirty seonds

> Hold Ctrl, win and Alt keys for thirty seonds

> Dust outed the key pad with air blower...................none of these worked out.

It looks this this issue is there since long and no proper solutions yet from microsoft. Please help me to resolve this.

Regards

Mathivanan

:)

MathivananT, Oct 9, 2018

2. Number keys on keyboard not working except for 5 and 6

Hello Dana,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Confirm if your keyboard had history of possible hardware failure due to accidentally dropping or spilling of any liquid to the said device.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 9, 2018
  3. DanaStone Win User
    Number keys on keyboard not working except for 5 and 6

My numbers on keyboard do not work, except for 5 and 6 - Windows 10. I have read many answers for Windows 7 that did not work. Please help - thanks.

Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Microsoft Edge / PC

DanaStone, Oct 9, 2018
  4. number keys not working except 5 and 6

number keys not working in keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the keyboard does not function as you expected. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to driver conflicts or changes in the settings.

I suggest you to try the same keyboard with a different computer and make sure that the keyboard is working fine with other computers. I would also suggest you to check whether you are able to access the same keys using the On Screen keyboard provided
    in Windows 10. Please check whether the Number lock indicator is working properly.

As a basic troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to press the
    Windows key + space to change the layout and check if it selected as US English.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

number keys not working except 5 and 6

1. number keys not working except 5 and 6 - Similar Threads - number keys working

2. My num keys don't work except for 5 and 6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My num keys don't work except for 5 and 6: My keyboard is not working as intended, When I press the number keys they don't work except for 5 and 6. When I press Shift and press they seem to enter the bottom row, like Shift+1 gives ZCapital z, Shift+2 gives X and so on. So I am sure that it is not a hardware issue and...
  3. My num keys don't work except for 5 and 6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My num keys don't work except for 5 and 6: My keyboard is not working as intended, When I press the number keys they don't work except for 5 and 6. When I press Shift and press they seem to enter the bottom row, like Shift+1 gives ZCapital z, Shift+2 gives X and so on. So I am sure that it is not a hardware issue and...
  4. How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6: So, one day I went onto my PC, and I usually use the number keys from the top row instead of the number pad, but suddenly they don't work anymore.The only top-row number keys that work is 5 and 6. I've tried a number of ways, including to do Ctrl+Alt+Fn or Ctrl+Windows Key+Fn...
  5. How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6

How to fix top row number keys not working, except for 5 and 6: So, one day I went onto my PC, and I usually use the number keys from the top row instead of the number pad, but suddenly they don't work anymore.The only top-row number keys that work is 5 and 6. I've tried a number of ways, including to do Ctrl+Alt+Fn or Ctrl+Windows Key+Fn...
  6. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  7. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  8. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working: In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working > Un install keyboard driver and...
  10. In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working: In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working > Un install keyboard driver and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows keyboard numbers not working 560

2. keyboard number keys not working except 5 and 6