Windows 10: Number keys on number pad stop and start working randomly

Discus and support Number keys on number pad stop and start working randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The number pad will stop working to enter numbers and start working as a mouse at random times. Strangely if i push all three keys next to each other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by adamwojnarowski, May 13, 2020.

1. Number keys on number pad stop and start working randomly

The number pad will stop working to enter numbers and start working as a mouse at random times. Strangely if i push all three keys next to each other 123, or 456, or 789 it will key in respectively 13, or 46, or 79.

When I started writing this when the keypad did not work and now it works again.

I have tried restarting, using a new keyboard, and using a different usb port.

I have tried turning off mouse keys, holding num lock for 5 seconds.

I have tried holding Shift/Ctrl/Alt and pressing num lock, All variations.

I have uninstalled keyboard drivers. Once it seemed to fix it, but then when it happened again uninstalling drivers would not remedy it.

I am using Win 10 and the problem will happen on spreadsheets, Chrome, Outlook, Teams, notepad, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

adamwojnarowski, May 13, 2020
  2. Ed Soares Win User

Decimal key (.) in number pad does not work

Hi, all.

My computer is a laptop, HP envy, with Windows 10.

The decimal key on my keypad/number pad stopped working all of a sudden (nothing happens when I press that key).

• Problem is the same on any number of programs, be it this browser (Edge), MS Excel, MS Word, Notepad, etc...
    • "NumLock" key is on;
    • All the other number pad keys work as usual (all numbers and operators, for example);
    • The setting that controls the mouse with the number pad is off;
    • The problem is the same whether I try it on my laptop keyboard, or on my Logitech keyboard (plugged in with a USB receiver), or on the on-screen keyboard - the decimal (.) key in the number pad does not work;
    • The period closer to the letter "M" works fine (that's how I've been able to use it in this post, for example)
    • My keyboard language is set correctly, to "English (United States)", as it has always been.
    • I've actually tried changing the keyboard language to another one (such as Spanish and Portuguese), and the problem is still the same - the decimal (.) key in the number pad does not work;
    I've read some 10 forums that had the same questions, but all of them were unhelpful. At least half related to the "NumLock" being off, some meandered into the control panel settings, into the mouse control settings, and a good many did not have a clear
    answer.

Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance,

Edgar

Ed Soares, May 13, 2020
  3. number pad

Did you press the Num Lock button? On mine by default it does what is listed under the numbers, the arrows etc. If I press the Num Lock key then the numbers work.

alphanumeric, May 13, 2020
  4. Number keys on number pad stop and start working randomly

key 10 pad numbers -

key 10 pad numbers - not working is their some kinda toggle key??? besides num lock.

our office got these keyboards for us and we have had all kinds of "weird" little issues... like this -- we are not happy with these keyboards.

anyone got any suggestions....

SCOTT COUNTY PVAmapping, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Number keys on number pad stop and start working randomly

1. Number keys on number pad stop and start working randomly - Similar Threads - Number keys number

2. Number Keyboard pad is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number Keyboard pad is not working: Number Keyboard Pad is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-keyboard-pad-is-not-working/bac0dedd-d3a1-4bac-9b47-af6936e694c1
  3. Number Pad Keys Clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number Pad Keys Clicking: Today, seemingly out of nowhere possibly relating to a recent update?, the keys on the number pad of my CyberPower USB keyboard and only the number pad keys have started making a clicking sound that appears to originate from the speaker of my monitor. While I don't use the...
  4. Number Pad Keys Clicking

Number Pad Keys Clicking: Today, seemingly out of nowhere possibly relating to a recent update?, the keys on the number pad of my CyberPower USB keyboard and only the number pad keys have started making a clicking sound that appears to originate from the speaker of my monitor. While I don't use the...
  5. Number Pad Keys Clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Logitech K800 Keyboard operation keys + - * / on number pad stopped working

Logitech K800 Keyboard operation keys + - * / on number pad stopped working: The operation keys on my number pad suddenly stopped working on my Logitech K800 keyboard. All of the numbers, decimal, and the enter key work. I've tried updating drivers, toggling number lock on and off, holding number lock down for 5 seconds, rebooting, moving usb reciever...
  7. Logitech K800 Keyboard operation keys + - * / on number pad stopped working

Logitech K800 Keyboard operation keys + - * / on number pad stopped working: The operation keys on my number pad suddenly stopped working on my Logitech K800 keyboard. All of the numbers, decimal, and the enter key work. I've tried updating drivers, toggling number lock on and off, holding number lock down for 5 seconds, rebooting, moving usb reciever...
  8. Logitech K800 Keyboard operation keys + - * / on number pad stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Sculpt Keyboard Number pad stopped working

Sculpt Keyboard Number pad stopped working: Hi, in july my workers compensation group bought me home office equipment. This included a sculpt keyboard. Due to covid I went back to work in September and was sent home again 3 days ago. Now the number pad on my keyboard is not working at all. Can you help me?...
  10. number pad

in Windows 10 Support
    number pad: don't know if this is a win 10 problem or my samsung np550p7c-02uk laptop only the number 5 works on it 3592