Windows 10: Number Lock always turned off after restarting

Discus and support Number Lock always turned off after restarting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I start up my laptop or close it the my 10 key number pad defaults to the directional buttons (page up, page down, etc.) I only use the keypad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brayden8796, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Number Lock always turned off after restarting

Whenever I start up my laptop or close it the my 10 key number pad defaults to the directional buttons (page up, page down, etc.) I only use the keypad for entering numbers so I constantly have to push the number lock button to change it. Is there a way to set the keypad to default to use numbers instead of directional paging?

:)

Brayden8796, Sep 12, 2019
  2. MNMary Win User

Numbers lock off when restarting

After upgrading my Windows 8.1 system to to Windows10 , when I restart or turn on my computer the numbers lock key is not turned on. This may sound trivial, but if I forget about it, my passwords won't work because many of the passwords contain numbers. Is there a way for me to keep the numbers lock key on when my computer restarts?
    Thanks,
    Mary

MNMary, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Number Lock Problem

My Dell has number lock enabled in BIOS. I have edited the registry entry 'InitialKeyboardIndicators' to end in 50 as suggested. Neither helps. It only works when restarting Win 10. Turning off the Fast boot option keeps the numlock on but seems to negate the highly advertised Window 10 quick booting feature.
    Any more ideas?

frostburg49, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Number Lock always turned off after restarting

little cat, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Number Lock always turned off after restarting

1. Number Lock always turned off after restarting - Similar Threads - Number Lock always

2. Bluetooth turns off after every restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth turns off after every restart: Hi I'm ReaI have a problem with my Bluetooth turning off every time I restart or power on my laptop. I'm using an Acer Aspire Aspire A315-53I've done everything I have read on the internet to fix this but it seems the only way to get the bluetooth running is by...
  3. BSOD after turning off or restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after turning off or restarting: Hello I'm having this issue for a while. I ran HP diagnostic and detected a Hardrive failure, then I replaced the Drive but the blue screen continues to show. I'll appreciate your help....
  4. HP Laptop Number Lock key turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Number Lock key turns off: This problem has plagued all computers that have the windows 10 and it's various versions numbers. It is not a startup problem. Never has been for me and probably never will. But for the life of the devil that possess my computers the num lock key just randomly decides to...
  5. Turning the displays off after locking windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning the displays off after locking windows?: Every time I lock my computer, my 3 monitors will always stay on. I even set it up so pressing the power button will turn off the displays, but after a second they all just turn back on. Is there a way to keep suspend my monitors after locking my computer? I'd rather not...
  6. Antivirus always turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus always turned off: Every time i boot up I get Comodo Antivirus/Firewall are turned off (Windows Defender too). Even though Comodo is up and running fine. [img] How do I fix this? Windos 10 Version 1903 151983
  7. Antivirus always turned off

in Windows 10 Support
    Antivirus always turned off: Every time i boot up I get Comodo Antivirus/Firewall are turned off (Windows Defender too). Even though Comodo is up and running fine. [img] How do I fix this? Windos 10 Version 1903 151983
  8. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  9. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  10. Numbers lock off when restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Numbers lock off when restarting: After upgrading my Windows 8.1 system to to Windows10 , when I restart or turn on my computer the numbers lock key is not turned on. This may sound trivial, but if I forget about it, my passwords won't work because many of the passwords contain numbers. Is there a way for me...