Windows 10: Number lock

Discus and support Number lock in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I got my new computer hard drive and the most current Windows 10, my number lock key on keyboard's right panel defaults to scroll lock after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RLAR, Jul 28, 2019.

1. RLAR Win User

Number lock

Ever since I got my new computer hard drive and the most current Windows 10, my number lock key on keyboard's right panel defaults to scroll lock after each boot up. I'd like it to default to number lock, as that's the only way I use these number keys, and often, so would be more convenient. I couldn't find specific task in settings.

Thanks for any help.

:)

2. wjay Win User

Number Lock

I have now tried every fix suggested on here from fast boot to reg changes and nothing works , number lock stays off after shutdown .

3. number lock

Changing the registry values that you suggested, danstra1, shouldn't do anything drastic at all, just go in, do that and get out. Unfortunately this is only a temporary fix, because as soon as my screensaver comes on, or my computer goes to sleep and wakes back up, num lock is back off again, right when I need it to be on to put my PIN in! Funny thing is sometimes it tricks me and lets me type the first number in of my PIN before turning num lock after it 'realises' that it's not supposed to be on.

manfrommars, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Number lock

numbers key will not lock on My hp lapto computer

I tried the suggestion, however it did not work on my HP Laptop. I wish it had.

RichardStewart_954, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Number lock

1. Number lock - Similar Threads - Number lock

2. Number Pad Lock Not Turning Off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number Pad Lock Not Turning Off.: Made attempts to toggle on / off the Number Lock to type numbers, but will not toggle back. I can only use it as arrows. Even tried the on-screen keyboard option to toggle but no success....
  3. Number Pad Lock Not Turning Off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number Pad Lock Not Turning Off.: Made attempts to toggle on / off the Number Lock to type numbers, but will not toggle back. I can only use it as arrows. Even tried the on-screen keyboard option to toggle but no success....
  4. Number Pad Lock Not Turning Off.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...: I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install ultraviewer, is it a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-message-that-my-computer-was-locked-up-and/3e0e03af-b00c-4a51-abcc-076948ed4fb4
  6. I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...

I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...: I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install ultraviewer, is it a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-message-that-my-computer-was-locked-up-and/3e0e03af-b00c-4a51-abcc-076948ed4fb4
  7. I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. My account has been locked and I can't input ANY phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account has been locked and I can't input ANY phone number: Ok so my Microsoft account has been locked for suspicious activity. I have not done anything suspicious other then try to log in on my new PC. I know both my email and password but when I try to enter a phone number it just says, "We can not send a text message to this...
  9. My account has been locked and I can't input ANY phone number

My account has been locked and I can't input ANY phone number: Ok so my Microsoft account has been locked for suspicious activity. I have not done anything suspicious other then try to log in on my new PC. I know both my email and password but when I try to enter a phone number it just says, "We can not send a text message to this...
  10. Microsoft Defender locked my screen and told me to call this number for help 866-284-4159....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender locked my screen and told me to call this number for help 866-284-4159....: Microsoft Defender locked my screen on my laptop and told me to call Microsoft support at this number — 866-284-4159.. I called the number and they helped me unlock my laptop but then wanted me to access the Microsoft server so the process could be completed. I wasn’t...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lock & lock phone number