Windows 10: Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong

Discus and support Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The task manager showing only one Processor Core while Device manager shows 4 No of Core. the print screen attached.... [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoydeepSarkar3, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong

The task manager showing only one Processor Core while Device manager shows 4 No of Core. the print screen attached....

Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong 5921da51-47bb-4ce4-bcab-5bdd1133346f?upload=true.png

:)

JoydeepSarkar3, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Graeme.P Win User

Windows 10 Task Manager only showing half my cores.

Hi Jim, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

Try these steps, which may make Task Manager show the correct amount of cores:

- Click Start and search for msconfig.

- Select System Configuration.

- In the Boot tab, click on Advanced Options.

- You should see an option to set the number of cores. Change this to the correct amount, click OK then reboot.

Hopefully Task Manager should show the correct number now. Please let me know if you need further support! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Apr 4, 2020
  3. passegua Win User
    Task manager not showing any process!

No, update doesn't show anything.

passegua, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong

I have 4 cores but task manager just show 1 core

Press Windows key + R

type msconfig

Hit Enter

Select the boot tab

Select advanced options

Uncheck Number processors

Click OK

Click Apply then OK

Restart when prompted

Check if the right number of cores now show up in Task Manager.

Andre for Directly, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong

1. Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong - Similar Threads - Number processes core

2. Task Manager doesn't show processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager doesn't show processes: Hello, I have the same problem described in this other Microsoft issue, with the only difference I am on windows 11. Task manager doesn't show processes but the other tabs and graphs work correctly. The thing is, for me process explorer and process hacker task manager...
  3. Task Manager doesn't show processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager doesn't show processes: Hello, I have the same problem described in this other Microsoft issue, with the only difference I am on windows 11. Task manager doesn't show processes but the other tabs and graphs work correctly. The thing is, for me process explorer and process hacker task manager...
  4. Task Manager shows only 2 cores

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager shows only 2 cores: Hello!I saw that in Task Manager it shows me that my CPU has got only 2 cores but it's quad core. I am just curious to see why this is happening. I don't have any problems for now. My CPU is an AMD FX 4100....
  5. Task Manager shows only 2 cores

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager shows only 2 cores: Hello!I saw that in Task Manager it shows me that my CPU has got only 2 cores but it's quad core. I am just curious to see why this is happening. I don't have any problems for now. My CPU is an AMD FX 4100....
  6. Task Manager shows only 2 cores

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Task manager and MSconfig show 1 core

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task manager and MSconfig show 1 core: I have I7 8700 and it's showing 1 core to task manager and msconfig but in device manager its normal.any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-and-msconfig-show-1-core/a9d63877-7e79-472c-b530-1b733ae90f15
  8. Wrong CPU cores display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong CPU cores display in Task Manager: Hi All, Hope you guys are doing good. there is a strange problem with my windows 10, that i can not see correct core information and i assume therefore my Windows is running slow. My Device manager shows total 16 cores in CPU section, however in Task manager i only see 4...
  9. wrong CPU cores in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wrong CPU cores in Task Manager: i upgraded my CPU from i7-7820x 8core/16Threads to i9 14cores/28threads, the Bios shows all 14cores, Device manager shows all 28threads, in the task manager the model of the processor is correct, but still shows 8cores/16threads, i have reboothed the cpu twice, still shows...
  10. Same number of cores as processors in Task manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Same number of cores as processors in Task manager: The short of it is that task manager is displaying the correct number of CPU cores, 6, but also saying that there are only 6 logical processors. Here's the context: I just received the Dell precision 7540 that I ordered so that I can run engineering simulations etc while...