Windows 10: Number Pad Keys Clicking

Discus and support Number Pad Keys Clicking in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Today, seemingly out of nowhere possibly relating to a recent update?, the keys on the number pad of my CyberPower USB keyboard and only the number pad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dgguy2006, Jul 13, 2022.

1. dgguy2006 Win User

Number Pad Keys Clicking

Today, seemingly out of nowhere possibly relating to a recent update?, the keys on the number pad of my CyberPower USB keyboard and only the number pad keys have started making a clicking sound that appears to originate from the speaker of my monitor. While I don't use the number pad all that often, it is very distracting, and I would very much like it to cease and desist. I have performed all the tech-site recommended actions ensuring Sticky/Filter keys are not toggled in accessibility options, troubleshooting, etc.. I was unable to uninstall the driver and reinstall, as those options a

:)

dgguy2006, Jul 13, 2022

2. key 10 pad numbers -

key 10 pad numbers - not working is their some kinda toggle key??? besides num lock.

our office got these keyboards for us and we have had all kinds of "weird" little issues... like this -- we are not happy with these keyboards.

anyone got any suggestions....

SCOTT COUNTY PVAmapping, Jul 13, 2022
  3. Ed Soares Win User
    Decimal key (.) in number pad does not work

Hi, all.

My computer is a laptop, HP envy, with Windows 10.

The decimal key on my keypad/number pad stopped working all of a sudden (nothing happens when I press that key).

• Problem is the same on any number of programs, be it this browser (Edge), MS Excel, MS Word, Notepad, etc...
    • "NumLock" key is on;
    • All the other number pad keys work as usual (all numbers and operators, for example);
    • The setting that controls the mouse with the number pad is off;
    • The problem is the same whether I try it on my laptop keyboard, or on my Logitech keyboard (plugged in with a USB receiver), or on the on-screen keyboard - the decimal (.) key in the number pad does not work;
    • The period closer to the letter "M" works fine (that's how I've been able to use it in this post, for example)
    • My keyboard language is set correctly, to "English (United States)", as it has always been.
    • I've actually tried changing the keyboard language to another one (such as Spanish and Portuguese), and the problem is still the same - the decimal (.) key in the number pad does not work;
    I've read some 10 forums that had the same questions, but all of them were unhelpful. At least half related to the "NumLock" being off, some meandered into the control panel settings, into the mouse control settings, and a good many did not have a clear
    answer.

Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance,

Edgar

Ed Soares, Jul 13, 2022
  4. Number Pad Keys Clicking

Number pad

Hi Ermiad1707,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that your number pad has been disabled and you would like to enable it when you start Windows 10. I will certainly help you with the issue.

• When you say "how can I enable it to be on when I start windows 10", do you mean it's not enabled while logging in to your profile?
    • Have you configured your profile to be logged-in with Pin instead of password?
    • Does the numpad works fine after login?

If it’s the PIN that you’re talking about, I would suggest you to try the following steps:

1) Click on Start

2) Click on Settings

3) Click on Accounts

4) Click on Sign-in option

5) Under “PIN” option, click “ADD” and enter the PIN you would like to use as a password when you start Windows 10.

If not, Please provide us with a few more details.

Let us know the results. Hope this information was helpful.

Sincerely,

Ankit Kumar

Ankit Rajput, Jul 13, 2022
Thema:

Number Pad Keys Clicking

1. Number Pad Keys Clicking - Similar Threads - Number Pad Keys

2. Microsoft number pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft number pad: I can't get paired my Microsoft number pad and PC Windows 10. In PC it shows Microsoft Number Pad is paired, but the pad is not working when I press it. I don't how to fix this....
  3. Microsoft number pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft number pad: I can't get paired my Microsoft number pad and PC Windows 10. In PC it shows Microsoft Number Pad is paired, but the pad is not working when I press it. I don't how to fix this....
  4. Number Pad Keys Clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number Pad Keys Clicking: Today, seemingly out of nowhere possibly relating to a recent update?, the keys on the number pad of my CyberPower USB keyboard and only the number pad keys have started making a clicking sound that appears to originate from the speaker of my monitor. While I don't use the...
  5. Number Pad Keys Clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Number Pad Keys Clicking: Today, seemingly out of nowhere possibly relating to a recent update?, the keys on the number pad of my CyberPower USB keyboard and only the number pad keys have started making a clicking sound that appears to originate from the speaker of my monitor. While I don't use the...
  6. Microsoft Number Pad

Microsoft Number Pad: Hi there,I purchased my microsoft number pad less than a month ago and have been experiencing issues with this product since purchase date.I can always technically connect to my laptop, however, it doesn't actually work when I press the keys. Sometimes I can get it to work if...
  7. Number pad on keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number pad on keyboard: I am trying to use my keypad as a number pad since my new laptop does not include a number pad to the right of the keyboard. The numbers are there on the keys on the right hand, but I cannot figure out how to turn them on. The laptop uses Windows 10. Please advise....
  8. Number keys on number pad stop and start working randomly

Number keys on number pad stop and start working randomly: The number pad will stop working to enter numbers and start working as a mouse at random times. Strangely if i push all three keys next to each other 123, or 456, or 789 it will key in respectively 13, or 46, or 79. When I started writing this when the keypad did not work...
  9. Number pad on keyboard

Number pad on keyboard: I have just switched from an older Samsung laptop to an Asus VivoBook. When it arrived I found that the Zero and the Period/Decimal point are reversed. Since I started out in Accounting many many years ago I am having difficulty with this change. All my life the Zero has...
  10. number pad

in Windows 10 Support
    number pad: don't know if this is a win 10 problem or my samsung np550p7c-02uk laptop only the number 5 works on it 3592