Windows 10: Number Pad missing on PIN Entry

Discus and support Number Pad missing on PIN Entry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a desktop pc. Until recently when powering up, the PIN entry field would show up. As soon as I would double tap on the field the number... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RiddleyWalker, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Number Pad missing on PIN Entry

I have a desktop pc. Until recently when powering up, the PIN entry field would show up. As soon as I would double tap on the field the number keypad would appear on the screen so that I could use my touch enabled monitor to enter the pin.

Suddenly, this no longer works. I have to use the mechanical keyboard to enter the pin. Is this a setting?

Keep in mind that the PC is in desktop, not tablet mode.

:)

RiddleyWalker, Mar 11, 2019

2. Number pad

Hi Ermiad1707,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that your number pad has been disabled and you would like to enable it when you start Windows 10. I will certainly help you with the issue.

• When you say "how can I enable it to be on when I start windows 10", do you mean it's not enabled while logging in to your profile?
    • Have you configured your profile to be logged-in with Pin instead of password?
    • Does the numpad works fine after login?

If it’s the PIN that you’re talking about, I would suggest you to try the following steps:

1) Click on Start

2) Click on Settings

3) Click on Accounts

4) Click on Sign-in option

5) Under “PIN” option, click “ADD” and enter the PIN you would like to use as a password when you start Windows 10.

If not, Please provide us with a few more details.

Let us know the results. Hope this information was helpful.

Sincerely,

Ankit Kumar

Ankit Rajput, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Bluetooth number pad

I'm trying to install a Bluetooth Microsoft Number Pad when I go to add device it shows the number pad. When clicking on it to connect it asks for a PIN, but I have no PIN for the number pad. How do you go about getting a PIN for this device?

stephen wahrlich, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Rob_yrob1 Win User

Number Pad missing on PIN Entry

Windows pin log in with on-screen number pad

after most recent update, I can not sign in to Windows with my pin code using the onscreen number pad - the "Sign in options" is grayed-out; I can log in using my keyboard but the onscreen number pad no longer comes up.

Rob_yrob1, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Number Pad missing on PIN Entry

1. Number Pad missing on PIN Entry - Similar Threads - Number Pad missing

2. Microsoft number pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft number pad: I can't get paired my Microsoft number pad and PC Windows 10. In PC it shows Microsoft Number Pad is paired, but the pad is not working when I press it. I don't how to fix this....
  3. Microsoft number pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft number pad: I can't get paired my Microsoft number pad and PC Windows 10. In PC it shows Microsoft Number Pad is paired, but the pad is not working when I press it. I don't how to fix this....
  4. Microsoft Number Pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Number Pad: Hi there,I purchased my microsoft number pad less than a month ago and have been experiencing issues with this product since purchase date.I can always technically connect to my laptop, however, it doesn't actually work when I press the keys. Sometimes I can get it to work if...
  5. PC PIN sign-in screen numbers are missing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC PIN sign-in screen numbers are missing?: I am managing my fonts adding and removing fonts and I learned that the PIN sign-in screen are missing the numbers. Please advise. I have a touchscreen PC. See attached image....
  6. Number pad on keyboard

Number pad on keyboard: I am trying to use my keypad as a number pad since my new laptop does not include a number pad to the right of the keyboard. The numbers are there on the keys on the right hand, but I cannot figure out how to turn them on. The laptop uses Windows 10. Please advise....
  7. Number pad on keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Number pad on keyboard: I have just switched from an older Samsung laptop to an Asus VivoBook. When it arrived I found that the Zero and the Period/Decimal point are reversed. Since I started out in Accounting many many years ago I am having difficulty with this change. All my life the Zero has...
  8. merging entries in note pad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    merging entries in note pad: how do i find and merge repeated entries in note pad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merging-entries-in-note-pad/1b029111-1631-4261-8cab-9551b1261b3e"
  9. Pin Pad connection

Pin Pad connection: I have a pin pad on the computer and I have no idea what the pin number is , how can I bypass this system and go back to Manufactures settings and start again, without the pin pad....
  10. number pad

in Windows 10 Support
    number pad: don't know if this is a win 10 problem or my samsung np550p7c-02uk laptop only the number 5 works on it 3592