Windows 10: Number pad on keyboard

Discus and support Number pad on keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just switched from an older Samsung laptop to an Asus VivoBook. When it arrived I found that the Zero and the Period/Decimal point are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by celf70, Oct 8, 2019.

1. celf70 Win User

Number pad on keyboard

I have just switched from an older Samsung laptop to an Asus VivoBook. When it arrived I found that the Zero and the Period/Decimal point are reversed. Since I started out in Accounting many many years ago I am having difficulty with this change. All my life the Zero has been in the middle at the bottom. Is there any way to change the 2 functions?

:)

celf70, Oct 8, 2019

2. Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to enable Number pad in Ergonomic 4000 keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Number pad on the Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard 4000, we will look into this for you. However, please reply with the following details to assist you further:

• Do you see a light glowing when you press the NUM Lock key?

You can try downloading the Mouse and Keyboard Center 11 from
    Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
    and see if you have the option to enable the number pad.

For more information, you can also refer
    PC accessories help
    . If the issue persists, you can reach out the hardware support team by calling on the number
    1-800-642-7676.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 8, 2019
  4. R-cube Win User

Number pad on keyboard

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard & Number pad

My sculpt ergonomic keyboards and number pads changed performance recently. I suspect some change in Windows 10.

Number keys stopped working regardless of Num Lock state. Calculator, / *, - + buttons work as expected.

On keyboard, the first character typed does not always ppear ==> appear.

Updated drivers, changed batteries, rebooted computer and usb transceiver -- no help.

Using Dell Precision 5520, Win10 -- two months old.

Keyboard and number pad worked until a couple weeks ago.

I have 3 sculpt keyboards and number pads, one at each desk location. Two connect via docking stations, the via USB hub.
    All three systems exhibit same issues, so I don't think it is computer HW or the devices.

Please advise next action.

R-cube, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Number pad on keyboard

1. Number pad on keyboard - Similar Threads - Number pad keyboard

2. Number Keyboard pad is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number Keyboard pad is not working: Number Keyboard Pad is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-keyboard-pad-is-not-working/bac0dedd-d3a1-4bac-9b47-af6936e694c1
  3. Number Keyboard pad is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number Keyboard pad is not working: Number Keyboard Pad is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-keyboard-pad-is-not-working/bac0dedd-d3a1-4bac-9b47-af6936e694c1
  4. Numeric number pad on keyboard not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numeric number pad on keyboard not loading: I had my computer was in the shop and now my numeric number pad is not activated when it starts. I have researched the help and some solutions did not work or are difficult to do. Is there an easy way to have it lock up to work when you log on. Pleasing the loc button for 5...
  5. Numeric number pad on keyboard not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numeric number pad on keyboard not loading: I had my computer was in the shop and now my numeric number pad is not activated when it starts. I have researched the help and some solutions did not work or are difficult to do. Is there an easy way to have it lock up to work when you log on. Pleasing the loc button for 5...
  6. Numeric number pad on keyboard not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Number pad on keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number pad on keyboard: I am trying to use my keypad as a number pad since my new laptop does not include a number pad to the right of the keyboard. The numbers are there on the keys on the right hand, but I cannot figure out how to turn them on. The laptop uses Windows 10. Please advise....
  8. Keyboard number pad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard number pad not working: I have a dell kb216, It's number pad is not working so I thought the keyboard maybe defective and connected it to an other device to see if it is defective, surprisingly it worked I tried restarting my device, changing usb ports etc I even reinstalled drivers. Please help....
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard & Number pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard & Number pad: My sculpt ergonomic keyboards and number pads changed performance recently. I suspect some change in Windows 10. Number keys stopped working regardless of Num Lock state. Calculator, / *, - + buttons work as expected. On keyboard, the first character typed does not always...
  10. number pad

in Windows 10 Support
    number pad: don't know if this is a win 10 problem or my samsung np550p7c-02uk laptop only the number 5 works on it 3592