Windows 10: number pad

Discus and support number pad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; don't know if this is a win 10 problem or my samsung np550p7c-02uk laptop only the number 5 works on it 3592 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by goatty2, Jan 20, 2015.

1. goatty2 Win User

number pad

don't know if this is a win 10 problem or my samsung np550p7c-02uk laptop only the number 5 works on it

:)

goatty2, Jan 20, 2015
  2. scr22_898 Win User

Windows On-Screen Keyboard

Can On-Screen Keyboard be reduced to number pad only? My dedicated keyboard has no number pad, so the number pad is all I need, plus the number pad only would take up less space on the screen. If it cannot be reduced to number pad only, could Windows
    please offer this option in future updates?

scr22_898, Jan 20, 2015
  3. Number pad

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. In Win 7 my number pad was always on when I started my computer. Since the upgrade my number pad has to be put on via the num lock every time I start or restart my computer. I do not want to have it this way. Can
    you tell me how to have the number pad on when starting up.

ermiad1707, Jan 20, 2015
  4. number pad

Did you press the Num Lock button? On mine by default it does what is listed under the numbers, the arrows etc. If I press the Num Lock key then the numbers work.

alphanumeric, Jan 20, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Have you had this issue with other versions of windows??

BunnyJ, Jan 20, 2015
  6. goatty2 Win User
    num lock pressed
    the number 5 works and so does the arrow keys
    can't remember any problems on win 7 /win 8 or 8.1 might have to re instal one just to make sure

goatty2, Jan 20, 2015
  7. goatty2 Win User
    thought i would wait for the new update before i did anything so downloaded an installed and guess what the number pad is working again *Smile

goatty2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

number pad

1. number pad - Similar Threads - number pad

2. Why does a number pad appear on the screen when I wake my PC?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why does a number pad appear on the screen when I wake my PC?: I have Windows 10 Pro, v10.0.18363. I've noticed recently that when I wake my PC from sleep my sign-in screen appears wanting my pin, but a number pad overlay appears at the bottom of the screen. I can't type my pin in using the numpad on my keyboard unless I press ESC...
  3. Numbers pad on Surface Book 2 not staying on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numbers pad on Surface Book 2 not staying on: Using my Surface Book 2 in tablet mode the numbers pad does not stay active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numbers-pad-on-surface-book-2-not-staying-on/6f8687ce-f99f-40cd-a411-97ce0e50f0ca
  4. Number keys on number pad stop and start working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Number keys on number pad stop and start working randomly: The number pad will stop working to enter numbers and start working as a mouse at random times. Strangely if i push all three keys next to each other 123, or 456, or 789 it will key in respectively 13, or 46, or 79. When I started writing this when the keypad did not work...
  5. Num Lock beep won't disable AND Number Pad not typing numbers

Num Lock beep won't disable AND Number Pad not typing numbers: I had a friend bring her laptop in. She has Windows 10 Previously the keyboard was disabled due to windows updates hanging. I connected an external keyboard, connected to our wifi, and let windows updates finish and restart update 1909. It ran overnight and an hours or...
  6. Keyboard Number pad "5" works in BIOS, but not in Windows

Keyboard Number pad "5" works in BIOS, but not in Windows: this is a weird issue, my number pad "5" does not work in windows, Number Lock is on, but the key refuses to work in Windows. Whats interesting is, it works in BIOS. im at a loss of why it would work in BIOS, but not Windows. THINGS DONE ALREADY: uninstalled and...
  7. Polarity for number pad battery

Polarity for number pad battery: Have a Microsoft L5V-00001 Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard and number pad; do not see a polarity for the button battery in the number pad; does it go in + side up or down?...
  8. I have the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard, number pad and Mouse.

I have the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard, number pad and Mouse.: I have the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard, number pad and Mouse. I want to know how to use the PrtScn button to print the screen and if the Function Button on the top right is needed? Also, how do I shut off the batteries in the keyboard so they don't run...
  9. Can I set 5 on the number pad to down?

Can I set 5 on the number pad to down?: Can I set 5 on the number pad to down? I think there is something about changing keys on your keyboard, but ideally if I could set it to mean down while also keeping the 5 feature that would be great....
  10. Number pad on keyboard

Number pad on keyboard: I have just switched from an older Samsung laptop to an Asus VivoBook. When it arrived I found that the Zero and the Period/Decimal point are reversed. Since I started out in Accounting many many years ago I am having difficulty with this change. All my life the Zero has...