Windows 10: Number sequence off when renaming files

Discus and support Number sequence off when renaming files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just got a new laptop. In the past when I rename photo files I highlight 4 or 5, right click, name 1234 hit enter....what I get is 1234 1, 1234 2,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TinaBrakley, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Number sequence off when renaming files

Just got a new laptop. In the past when I rename photo files I highlight 4 or 5, right click, name 1234 hit enter....what I get is 1234 1, 1234 2, 1234 3...etc. On this new laptop for some reason I get 1234, 1234 2, 1234 3. It's dropping the 1 from the 1st photo....and I need that! Lol. It's a pain to have to enter it manually...completely throws off my data entry. How can I fix it?

:)

TinaBrakley, Jun 15, 2020
  2. GaryXN Win User

Windows giving multiple files the same sequence number

I have a directory with 150 jpeg files. In the past I would highlight them, Right click and choose Rename. I would enter say 'Disney 2015' and press enter and I would get Disney 2015 (1), Disney 2015 (2), Disney 2015 (3) etc... up to Disney 2015 (150).
    Now after I upgraded to Windows 10, I get multiple files with the same sequence number such as Disney 2015 (1), Disney 2015 (1), Disney 2015 (1), Disney 2015 (2) and so on. I'm not sure how its even handling the same name but its annoying because even if I
    sort by date prior to renaming, the matching sequence number isn't next to the other one... Disney 2015 (1), Disney 2015 (1), Disney 2015 (2), Disney 2015 (1), etc..

GaryXN, Jun 15, 2020
  3. breontom Win User
    Renaming files

I am looking for a program or application that I can use to rename a large number of files in batch mode.

I have 5 folders, each containing about 800 .tif files. The file names consist of a few letters followed by a 3 digit number. I need to combine them all into one folder but I can’t because the file names are identical in each of the 5 folders.

I am looking for an application that can extract the 3 numbers, add a letter in front of the number and then rename the file, i.e.” A592”. I would use a different letter for the files in each of the 5 folders. Once they are renamed, they can then be combined into one folder. It is imperative that the 3 numbers in the new name remains the same as the original name because they relate to other fields in a database. The original numbers are not sequential; there are several numbers missing in each folder.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

breontom, Jun 15, 2020
  4. amd5750m Win User

Number sequence off when renaming files

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Number sequence off when renaming files

1. Number sequence off when renaming files - Similar Threads - Number sequence off

2. Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.: in Windows 11, if I select three or so files on the desktop, rightclick and select rename, the number in parenthesis does not follow the selection order of the files but is in a random order. I am constantly renaming camera video files and I always have to renumber them...
  3. Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.: in Windows 11, if I select three or so files on the desktop, rightclick and select rename, the number in parenthesis does not follow the selection order of the files but is in a random order. I am constantly renaming camera video files and I always have to renumber them...
  4. How to change the numbering style when renaming multiple files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the numbering style when renaming multiple files?: Lets say I have 10 photos named randomly. I want to give them a uniform name, like "PHOTO_BW01"When I would want to rename multiple files by RIGHT-CLICK on the first oneSHIFT + RIGHT-CLICK on the last oneRename File as "PHOTO_BW" The output is "PHOTO_BW 1" ; "PHOTO_BW 2";...
  5. How to change the numbering style when renaming multiple files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the numbering style when renaming multiple files?: Lets say I have 10 photos named randomly. I want to give them a uniform name, like "PHOTO_BW01"When I would want to rename multiple files by RIGHT-CLICK on the first oneSHIFT + RIGHT-CLICK on the last oneRename File as "PHOTO_BW" The output is "PHOTO_BW 1" ; "PHOTO_BW 2";...
  6. How to change the numbering style when renaming multiple files?

7. Rename multiple files to same name + number

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename multiple files to same name + number: Hello, I have a folder with a lot of files of the same type. I want to rename them all to something like name1, name2, name3, and order by date (so that name1 is the oldest) Is there a way to do it? *I don't want to use the select all and then rename option because it...
  8. Rename multiple files on Windows without numbering?

Rename multiple files on Windows without numbering?: I want to rename several files in Windows (Mark all and F2), but I always get a numbering in addition. I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to remove them without renaming each file individually. They are in different folders and I list them via search, where I can mark and...
  9. Numbering Pictures In Sequence repeated some numbers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Numbering Pictures In Sequence repeated some numbers: Wanted to renumber my 400+ ish pictures in my album just to keep it neat. I did the one where I would click one picture, press Crtl + A, then rename the first picture so that the rest will be automatically be numbered. However, when I did that, some of the numbers were...
  10. Placing Files in Sequence

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Placing Files in Sequence: Hello, When I open my financial folders, the files of my monthly bank statements and brokerage statements are all over the page, including the years. Will windows place these files in proper sequence if I re-name them 1-2015, 2-2015, 3-2015 and so on? Or how can I...