Windows 10: Number stuck, no stuck key

Discus and support Number stuck, no stuck key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Random number stuck on with no stuck keys, Have to restart to stop infinite number . HP OPP All-in-One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WesleyPowell, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Number stuck, no stuck key

Random number stuck on with no stuck keys, Have to restart to stop infinite number . HP OPP All-in-One

:)

WesleyPowell, Jun 10, 2019

2. number two stuck on keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue might be happening because of the faulty device.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    3. What is the make and model number of the device?
    4. Is this issue happening on Laptop or desktop keyboard?
    5. Which Operating system is installed on your device?

Step 1: If the issue is causing with the faulty driver, run the Hardware Troubleshooter

1. Click on Start.
    2. Search for Troubleshoot and click on it.
    3. Click on Keyboard and Run the troubleshooter.
    You may also refer the article to
    fix issues related to keyboard in Windows

Step 2: You can also try with “Onscreen keyboard” to check the working of numeric key.

1. Open run command (Windows and R key), type in
      OSK.

2. Use the numeric 2 and check the status.
    If the issue is only with the specific numeric key (Number 2), I suggest you to check with the manufacturer for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 10, 2019
  3. sniviler Win User
    Computer stuck in loop

check the obvious, stuck keys, buttons and switches, how are the voltages ?, get into safe mode?

sniviler, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Number stuck, no stuck key

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Number stuck, no stuck key

1. Number stuck, no stuck key - Similar Threads - Number stuck stuck

2. My W key will get stuck, but isn't physically stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My W key will get stuck, but isn't physically stuck: Long story short, and I've only noticed this within the last three weeks, my W key will sometimes get stuck when I'm playing video games. Never when I'm typing, only when playing video games. Except it physically isn't stuck, as once I tap it, it pops right back up. I have...
  3. Keys Getting Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys Getting Stuck: I'm using a desktop computer with a USB Gaming Keyboard. The WASD keys and Spacebar occasionally get stuck (command-wise) when I play games. There is something wrong with the computer, not the keyboard because it happened to another USB keyboard that i plugged in. The power...
  4. Shift Key is "ACTING" like its stuck - Can not use the Number Pad also

Shift Key is "ACTING" like its stuck - Can not use the Number Pad also: The Shift lock on my laptop is acting up or perhaps Windows 10? Basically the caps lock is reversed: I have contacted the Microsoft chat support team prior with this case prior. With the following: Caps Lock On: lowercase CAPS LOCK OFF: UPPERCASE The numkeys '1 2 3 4...
  5. 4 key on number pad "stuck" after Win10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    4 key on number pad "stuck" after Win10 updates: I have an Alienware 17 R4, running Win10 Professional (current working build of 16299). I've tried to install the April update multiple times over the past few months, but every time I install the April build, the 4 key on my number pad sticks. This either results in 4's...
  6. Up key stuck, not physically.

Up key stuck, not physically.: It's been happening for a while. Every time I open a menu, no matter if it's the Windows menu, or the search menu, or the options menu, my laptop will think that the up key is being pressed and it will scroll up non-stop. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on an Asus X556UAK....
  7. Windows key stuck "not really"

Windows key stuck "not really": My wife bought a laptop about 3 weeks ago. From yesterday the windows button seemed to be pressing itself constantly. Today things got bad. From getting stuck completely after a while to, I can't even go into my computer, bad. What can I do about this?...
  8. Alt-key stuck

Alt-key stuck: Hey all, I'm having a problem where my alt-key seems to be active all of the time. The alt key is pressed down whether or not I have a keyboard physically connected. Meaning when I use the On Screen Keyboard it displays it as pressed down. I checked and do not have...
  9. Windows down arrow key stuck?

Windows down arrow key stuck?: I have recently built my third computer, but the keyboard or something else seems to be wrong. The down arrow is not working properly, it is stuck in place. I have tried everything to get it to not be stuck. I first tried sticky keys, but that did nothing, I pulled up the...
  10. win10 upgrade stuck at key request

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 upgrade stuck at key request: I have three computers in family that were given upgrades on the win7 family plan. One was just informed it was eligible for win10 upgrade. I think I made the mistake of custom install (for a clean install) instead of an upgrade and, related to other problems with windows...