Windows 10: Numbering in Word

Discus and support Numbering in Word in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm working on a tutorial for Skype, and need to have a numbered list. Everything was working fine, but then I must have pressed something I shouldn't... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Wynona, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Wynona Win User

Numbering in Word

I'm working on a tutorial for Skype, and need to have a numbered list. Everything was working fine, but then I must have pressed something I shouldn't have, and now my numbering is all crazy!

It used to look like this:

Numbering in Word [​IMG]

But now when I try to number a list, it looks like this:

Numbering in Word [​IMG]

As you can see, the numbers are moved over one tab too many, but so far, nothing I do will make the numbering right.

I've been trying to figure this out for a couple hours and I'm at a loss as to what I did, or how to fix it.

Anyone got any ideas?

:)

Wynona, Jul 6, 2019
  2. rosede Win User

How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word?

I have a multiple page document that has a 96 numbers sequentially listed. Actually its 192, because the numbers appear twice on the same page. Four duplicate numbers on 12 pages, 192 instances of sequential numbers.

I need to be able to renumber starting with the next highest number on the list. For example, the highest current number is 96. I need to start the numbering sequence at 97 and then increment from there. I hope this is clear enough.

For example 100001 thru 100096. I need to renumber the sequence 100097 thru 100192.

I've fooled around with the Find and Replace tool in Word. If I use the wild card setting, I can find the sequence 1000[0-9][0-9]. But, I can't figure out how to replace the matched find with the next number in the sequence.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thank you.

Daryl

rosede, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Nath Bea Win User
    Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Numbering in Word

Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Numbering in Word

1. Numbering in Word - Similar Threads - Numbering Word

2. Word, Footer, Numbering pages x of y starting from page 3, y is wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word, Footer, Numbering pages x of y starting from page 3, y is wrong: Hi all,My name is Thomas,I am experiencing an issue when I start numbering pages from let's say page 3, the total number of pages includes the first 2 pages I don't number.After Alt+F9I have tried:Page {PAGE} of {NUMPAGES} wich give me the actual total of pages including the...
  3. Pin number reguraly faills. Why? Another pass word on top of another password is exceeding...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin number reguraly faills. Why? Another pass word on top of another password is exceeding...: Can we have our PC's back Please? This Pin number fails regularly making us use the password and when that fails it tries to send a text message to the phone, and when that doesn't work, it locks us out with a sad message that does little to solve the issue making us reboot...
  4. Pin number reguraly faills. Why? Another pass word on top of another password is exceeding...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin number reguraly faills. Why? Another pass word on top of another password is exceeding...: Can we have our PC's back Please? This Pin number fails regularly making us use the password and when that fails it tries to send a text message to the phone, and when that doesn't work, it locks us out with a sad message that does little to solve the issue making us reboot...
  5. Page Numbering, Section Breaks, and Continuous Numbering Word 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page Numbering, Section Breaks, and Continuous Numbering Word 2019: Trying to begin page number one on page six. It shows number one on the correct page but will not number any other pages. This is what I have done: -removed all section breaks from the entire document. -I have only two sections. -section two is where I want the numbering...
  6. "=" symbol over various numbers or words on names and dates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "=" symbol over various numbers or words on names and dates: I had recently Windows crashing. I couldn't do anything and after that I had torestart my laptop to discover that on various system details there was the = symbol over them. I am attaching a picture to understand what I mean. Has anyone seen something like this? Can anyone...
  7. Word Displays Numbers and Dates Incorrectly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word Displays Numbers and Dates Incorrectly: I just opened a Word documents created 3 months ago and the numbers in the table are not displaying properly. Some numbers display properly others are skewed. For example 2008 displays as some kind of weird character then 8 spaces then the number 8. On some new documents I...
  8. How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word?: I have a multiple page document that has a 96 numbers sequentially listed. Actually its 192, because the numbers appear twice on the same page. Four duplicate numbers on 12 pages, 192 instances of sequential numbers. I need to be able to renumber starting with the next...
  9. Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading

Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading: I have a Word doc with heading styles. When I import this document into a database the heading numbers are lost and I just get the heading text. I want to copy the heading numbers so they are duplicated as static text at the beginning of the heading so that when I import...
  10. MS Word 2016 Resets TOC ALL Page #'s to the Same Page Number (2 or 3)

MS Word 2016 Resets TOC ALL Page #'s to the Same Page Number (2 or 3): I'm giving this a try here as I seem to find answers to most issues on this web site. After working without this problem until today, MS Word 2016 (on Win10) has suddenly started to reset all the page numbering on my Table of Contents to a single number: either 2 or 3. The...