Windows 10: Numbers and Letters at Top of Screen

Discus and support Numbers and Letters at Top of Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every so often I must accidentally hit a combination of keys that results in numbers and letters showing at the top of my screen and are permanently in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LukeZinszer, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Numbers and Letters at Top of Screen

Every so often I must accidentally hit a combination of keys that results in numbers and letters showing at the top of my screen and are permanently in the foreground. How do I remove this display?

Numbers and Letters at Top of Screen 0d9d6b5b-104e-4c86-9b11-3afb13bd4d86?upload=true.png

:)

LukeZinszer, Apr 16, 2021
  2. moskal91 Win User

NumLock Turns Letters Into Numbers on Desktop Computer

I had the same problem, it seems that it happens only with several keyboards.
    Finally I solved it this way (sorry, but I've got Polish language set):

Now find something like "Standard keyboard device" on the drivers list, install it (click Yes in the compatibility warning window) and check if keyboard is still working.

If so - reboot Your computer and enjoy fixed keyboard without letters turning into numbers.

If not - revert driver back and try another one.

moskal91, Apr 16, 2021
  3. The alphanumeric keys by default when pressed give numbers instead of letters

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

1. What is the model number of the laptop?

2.Did you try connecting a external keyboard check if the issue persist?

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you try connecting an external keyboard and check if it the issue persist.

Also, I suggest you check if the issue persist on-screen keyboard.

I suggest you to try the below method and check if it helps.

Method:Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Also,I suggest you to install any pending updates that are available on your system and check.

Go to Settings > Update & Security >Windows Update > Check for Updates.

Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Numbers and Letters at Top of Screen

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Numbers and Letters at Top of Screen

1. Numbers and Letters at Top of Screen - Similar Threads - Numbers Letters Top

2. Numbers and Letters at Top of Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numbers and Letters at Top of Screen: if i hit alt or backslash that results in numbers and letters showing at the top of my screen and are in the foreground and i cannot use the keyborad anymore. How do I remove this display?...
  3. Numbers and Letters at Top of Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numbers and Letters at Top of Screen: if i hit alt or backslash that results in numbers and letters showing at the top of my screen and are in the foreground and i cannot use the keyborad anymore. How do I remove this display?...
  4. Numbers and Letters at Top of Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. type letters - prints number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    type letters - prints number?: HiOn my wifes Laptop alongside some of the letters are numbers J1 K2 L3 M0 and so on when you try and type the letter it puts the number in.How can I put it back to normal please?Thank you Mr Soft...
  6. type letters - prints number?

type letters - prints number?: HiOn my wifes Laptop alongside some of the letters are numbers J1 K2 L3 M0 and so on when you try and type the letter it puts the number in.How can I put it back to normal please?Thank you Mr Soft...
  7. Some numbers and letters don't work on login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some numbers and letters don't work on login screen.: Hello, When I type in the pin or password box on the windows login screen, some of them don't register. This means I'm unable to login. I've tried rebooting several times, but there's no change....
  8. Some numbers and letters don't work on login screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some numbers and letters don't work on login screen.: Hello, When I type in the pin or password box on the windows login screen, some of them don't register. This means I'm unable to login. I've tried rebooting several times, but there's no change....
  9. Some numbers and letters don't work on login screen.

10. Random Number and Letter Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random Number and Letter Files: Hello, in my Windows 10 PC keeps appearing random files. I delete them then they reappear, I downloaded some anti-virus programs and hard drive cleaning software, but it doesn't work, I need help. These are the files :Most of are empty and have appeared recently.Thank you,...