Windows 10: Numbers instead of letters on HP laptop and Vice Versa.

Discus and support Numbers instead of letters on HP laptop and Vice Versa. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had to plug in a keyboard because my windows 10 Laptop keyboard is typing numbers instead of letters and vice versa, I have tried the 'Shift Key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trudi, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Trudi Win User

Numbers instead of letters on HP laptop and Vice Versa.

I have had to plug in a keyboard because my windows 10 Laptop keyboard is typing numbers instead of letters and vice versa, I have tried the 'Shift Key and Ctrl' even 'Function and Number lock' its still the same, would a restore work?
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Trudi, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Keyboard types letters instead of numbers when inputting card details

Hi,

In order for us to assist you regarding the keyboard issue that type letters instead of numbers when putting in card details. Kindly refer to the response of
    Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP on this
    link
    . This will provide you steps on how to use the correct software keyboard.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Jun 4, 2020
  3. v_realo Win User
    Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters

Hi flemmingknudsen,

I’m Rey, your Independent Advisor.

I understand you are having trouble with your keyboard which types numbers instead of letters. Let me help you with this.

I understand that you have tried the num lock key and it's the same outcome.

Have you tried to press Fn key + Num lock? If not, try it and see if it will fix the concern.

If still it will not fix the issue, follow this steps:

1.Press Windows Key + R then type osk and hit Enter to open On-Screen Keyboard.

2.Turn off Num Lock by clicking on it (If it is ON it will be shown in different color).

3.If you can’t see the Num lock then click on Options.

4.Checkmark “Turn on numeric key pad” and click OK.

5.This will enable the NumLock option and you could easily turn it off.

6.Reboot your PC to save changes.

Lastly, sometimes 3rd party software can conflict with Hardware such as Keyboard and can cause this issue. In order to Fix Keyboard Typing Numbers Instead of Letters issue, you need to perform a clean boot on your PC .

1. Press windows key + R, then type msconfig.

2. Select In General tab, select Selective Start up, put a check mark on load system services and unchecked "Load start up items".

Let me know if you still have issues after these steps and let's work on this together.

I believe that these steps will help you solve this issue you have. If not, kindly contact me and let me know.

v_realo, Jun 4, 2020
  4. roee_lo Win User

how to sync 5800 to OVI- but not vice versa?

Hello all.

What do I need to do so that when i'm connecting my 5800 to the PC, and want ti sync Contacts from my phone to OVI- BUT not vice versa (so that my phone will NOT get the Contacts on OVI)?

roee_lo, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Numbers instead of letters on HP laptop and Vice Versa. - Similar Threads - Numbers instead letters

2. My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters: im using laptop keyboard, yesterday i was about to use my laptop but suddenly when i open chrome and tried to type my QWERUIOP is typing 1234567890. i've turned off my numlock i tried to reset my keyboard driver, it just wouldnt work, my dad also couldnt fix this issue....
  3. My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters: im using laptop keyboard, yesterday i was about to use my laptop but suddenly when i open chrome and tried to type my QWERUIOP is typing 1234567890. i've turned off my numlock i tried to reset my keyboard driver, it just wouldnt work, my dad also couldnt fix this issue....
  4. My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa

in Windows 10 News
    Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa: [IMG]A Virtual Machine is one of the cheapest ways to experience and use multiple operating systems on a single computer. Two of the biggest brands in the virtual machine industry are VMWare and VirtualBox. You can easily convert VMware to VirtualBox virtual machine and vice...
  6. Convert vb.net code to c#.net and vice-versa.

Convert vb.net code to c#.net and vice-versa.: Hello,How I can convert vb.net code to c#.net and vice-versa. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-vbnet-code-to-cnet-and-vice-versa/1048ef51-a4bb-4c99-9b1f-1a4d6043b4d7
  7. Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa): Hi People, Ever since i switched back to windows, this overlap has been bugging me. It's not killing but.it.IS.there! Searched the web like many others but couldn't find a solution, merely, a work-around or temporary solution. Things like autohide taskbar on/off. Place...
  8. Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters

Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters: keyboard types numbers instead of letters in the command window. Also in some other apps. Not in notepad, not in google chrome not in file explorer. Pressing Num Lock doesn't change anything. Using an Asus UX31e Zenbook with external mouse, keyboard and monitor. Keyboard...
  9. Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...

Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...: I've had this problem for a while now. It has corrected itself in the past but the latest update has brought this up again. What would be the most painless way of correcting this issue. Running troubleshooter does nothing. It would mean a lot to get this fixed as painlessly...
  10. Japanese applications on English Windows 10 and vice-versa

Japanese applications on English Windows 10 and vice-versa: I would like to know if I can install and run Japanese applications on an English-based version of Windows 10. This was not possible on any version up to and including Windows 8. The best one would hope for was to change the default language of menus, etc. For example, in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. numbers appear when i type letters ON HP LAPTOP IN WINDOWS 10