Windows 10: Numbers lock off when restarting

Discus and support Numbers lock off when restarting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; there many posts on this subject of the NumLock getting turned off when shutting down or resarting the pc .... this is a workable solution at least for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MNMary, Aug 27, 2015.

1. MNMary Win User

Numbers lock off when restarting

I tried this, but when I restarted the computer the number lock was still not on.

MNMary, Aug 28, 2015
  2. Berton Win User

What that Registry change actually does on my 2 Dell Inspiron 15R Notebooks is to remember the state of the NumLock key, if On at shutdown it always is on for me at the next startup. If Off it is Off at the next startup so the key is to leave it On before I shut down. It is crucial to have it On when using the PIN feature to log in so I don't have to remember to do it.

Also, look at the right end of the login password box, will see what could be an eye with an eyebrow. Click and hold the left mouse/touchpad button to see if you typed the password correctly. It's only temporary until you release the button and hit Enter. Might see that little feature in other places a password is needed.

Berton, Aug 28, 2015
  3. My Dell has number lock enabled in BIOS. I have edited the registry entry 'InitialKeyboardIndicators' to end in 50 as suggested. Neither helps. It only works when restarting Win 10. Turning off the Fast boot option keeps the numlock on but seems to negate the highly advertised Window 10 quick booting feature.
    Any more ideas?

frostburg49, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Numbers lock off when restarting

I forgot in my older hp it was the same. Had to disable fast boot to keep numlock on. But some reason my newer hp doesn't have the numlock on or off in bios setting. The older one did

icpwolverine, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Numbers lock off when restarting

1. Numbers lock off when restarting - Similar Threads - Numbers lock off

2. Number Pad Lock Not Turning Off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number Pad Lock Not Turning Off.: Made attempts to toggle on / off the Number Lock to type numbers, but will not toggle back. I can only use it as arrows. Even tried the on-screen keyboard option to toggle but no success....
  3. Number Pad Lock Not Turning Off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number Pad Lock Not Turning Off.: Made attempts to toggle on / off the Number Lock to type numbers, but will not toggle back. I can only use it as arrows. Even tried the on-screen keyboard option to toggle but no success....
  4. Number Pad Lock Not Turning Off.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Number lock on and off sign blurs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number lock on and off sign blurs: Hello,All of sudden, the on and off sign of the Number Lock toggle key shows blurry images. Please see the attached image and let me know what it could potentially cause this. This is Windows 11 on LG Gram 17 2021 model. Thank you....
  6. Number lock on and off sign blurs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number lock on and off sign blurs: Hello,All of sudden, the on and off sign of the Number Lock toggle key shows blurry images. Please see the attached image and let me know what it could potentially cause this. This is Windows 11 on LG Gram 17 2021 model. Thank you....
  7. HP Laptop Number Lock key turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Number Lock key turns off: This problem has plagued all computers that have the windows 10 and it's various versions numbers. It is not a startup problem. Never has been for me and probably never will. But for the life of the devil that possess my computers the num lock key just randomly decides to...
  8. the Number lock

the Number lock: My computer keeps turning off the number lock during startup or restart and after an update. How can I fix that? is there a way to use command Prompt to keep it turned on all the time?...
  9. Number Lock always turned off after restarting

Number Lock always turned off after restarting: Whenever I start up my laptop or close it the my 10 key number pad defaults to the directional buttons (page up, page down, etc.) I only use the keypad for entering numbers so I constantly have to push the number lock button to change it. Is there a way to set the keypad to...
  10. Number lock

in Windows 10 Support
    Number lock: Ever since I got my new computer hard drive and the most current Windows 10, my number lock key on keyboard's right panel defaults to scroll lock after each boot up. I'd like it to default to number lock, as that's the only way I use these number keys, and often, so would be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. numbers for restarting windows phone