Windows 10: Numbers on keyboard not working

Discus and support Numbers on keyboard not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since yesterday my keyboard was not working properly, as in upon pressing the shift key, the symbols would not appear. I tried to fix this by using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MoureenIfreet, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Numbers on keyboard not working

Since yesterday my keyboard was not working properly, as in upon pressing the shift key, the symbols would not appear. I tried to fix this by using windows recovery, to no avail, these issues appeared as seen in the reliability window. And furthermore, I can only use numbers 5 and 6 on the numeric row. It is an Inspiron 15 7579 2-in-1 laptop. Can anyone please help?

Numbers on keyboard not working [​IMG]

:)

MoureenIfreet, Aug 17, 2018

2. Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Aug 17, 2018
  3. number keys not working in keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the keyboard does not function as you expected. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to driver conflicts or changes in the settings.

I suggest you to try the same keyboard with a different computer and make sure that the keyboard is working fine with other computers. I would also suggest you to check whether you are able to access the same keys using the On Screen keyboard provided
    in Windows 10. Please check whether the Number lock indicator is working properly.

As a basic troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to press the
    Windows key + space to change the layout and check if it selected as US English.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Numbers on keyboard not working

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Numbers on keyboard not working

1. Numbers on keyboard not working - Similar Threads - Numbers keyboard working

2. Number Keyboard pad is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number Keyboard pad is not working: Number Keyboard Pad is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-keyboard-pad-is-not-working/bac0dedd-d3a1-4bac-9b47-af6936e694c1
  3. Number Keyboard pad is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number Keyboard pad is not working: Number Keyboard Pad is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-keyboard-pad-is-not-working/bac0dedd-d3a1-4bac-9b47-af6936e694c1
  4. AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards: The number keys on the alphanumeric portion of my USB keyboard are not working except for 5 and 6 and % and ^. I am running Windows 10 with latest critical patches, The problem started about 2 weeks ago. I have swapped out USB keyboards, looked at BIOS, used different USB...
  5. AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards: The number keys on the alphanumeric portion of my USB keyboard are not working except for 5 and 6 and % and ^. I am running Windows 10 with latest critical patches, The problem started about 2 weeks ago. I have swapped out USB keyboards, looked at BIOS, used different USB...
  6. AlphaNumeric Keyboard numbers not working on USB External Keyboards

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. keyboard numbers not working after update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard numbers not working after update.: some number keys the letter p and tab keys not working after update on a Vaio laptop . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-numbers-not-working-after-update/0943b6a7-7c10-4e10-a4b8-9ef076f2757b
  8. Number keys on keyboard are not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number keys on keyboard are not working.: All the number keys my laptop keyboard stopped working except for the 5 and 6 keys. I can not find a solution to this problem. Can someone please help me?...
  9. Keyboard number pad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard number pad not working: I have a dell kb216, It's number pad is not working so I thought the keyboard maybe defective and connected it to an other device to see if it is defective, surprisingly it worked I tried restarting my device, changing usb ports etc I even reinstalled drivers. Please help....
  10. Number 6 key not working on keyboard!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Number 6 key not working on keyboard!: Hello there, I am having problems with my keyboard. I just bought this new keyboard from corsair and it should not have any problems but I found that my number 6 key above Y and T is not working at all. No program is able to use this key so I tried trouble shooting with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows keyboard no numbers