Windows 10: Numeric Keypad, Touchpad, and Minimized Windows Not Working in Windows 10?

Discus and support Numeric Keypad, Touchpad, and Minimized Windows Not Working in Windows 10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with the above-mentioned components on my laptop. I really hope someone can help me out. I have a Sager NP6852 with an Intel Core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lgfuad, Jul 21, 2019.

1. lgfuad Win User

Numeric Keypad, Touchpad, and Minimized Windows Not Working in Windows 10?

I'm having a problem with the above-mentioned components on my laptop. I really hope someone can help me out. I have a Sager NP6852 with an Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80 GHz, 8 GB of RAM and it's running Windows 10 Home version 1903.

First of all, I wiped down my laptop today (first the screen with window cleaner and then the keyboard and mouse with alcohol) but it was turned off and I know better than to soak the thing.

After that, I started it up and everything seemed fine. I then opened Firefox and it installed the most recent update. After the update installed, I kept getting this pop-up for "Toggle Keys" or something. I kept pressing "no". Then I started having problems with the numeric keypad. It won't type in all the numbers, just some and a few act like the arrow keys. Not only that, but they're making random computer sounds. If I keep pressing a number like umpteen times it sometimes will then type it.

So of course, I searched Google, but then my touchpad buttons stopped working! I can still left-click on things using the pad, but the buttons are unresponsive. But not all the time. They'll start working and then stop abruptly. I discovered if I hold down the cntl button, let go and then click it works most of the time. It sometimes takes a few tries.

And the last problem I'm having is that when I minimize windows, sometimes I can't get them to open again. It seems to happen when the touchpad goes out. I hover over them and the preview of the window just flashes. Now, as I was typing this out (using the Firefox browser) my little pop-ups for Grammarly are also flashing when the mouse malfunctions.

I messed with accessibility settings, typing, keyboard, and touchpad settings after reading some articles on how to fix similar issues, but nothing is working! I also tried updating the drivers, but my computer says they're all up to date. I rollbacked the Synaptics driver, but that didn't work and now Windows is saying that's up to date (even though it was just rolled back). I uninstalled the Windows update that occurred on the same day as the problems began, but no luck. There's also a security update that took place, but Windows won't let me uninstall that one.

If anyone knows what's causing this and how to fix it I'd be forever grateful. Otherwise, I'm looking at a whole Windows Refresh, which would mean installing all my programs, fonts, add-ons, and all the other things that would be an absolute, time-consuming pain. My suspicion would be the most recent Firefox update did this because that's when I noticed it. But I have no idea what to do about that or how to roll-back to an earlier version. I've always used Firefox and have never had an issue like this so I really don't know. I can't afford ANYTHING fyi (new laptop, external drives, ect.) and my warranty has expired. So sending it back or buying anything to fix this thing is not really an option right now.

Again, any help would be extremely appreciated! PLEASE HELP ME.

:)

lgfuad, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Romel Ram Win User

numeric keypad stopped working

Hi,

To assist you with your issue with numeric keypad, ensure that the Num Lock key is enabled. This key is usually located nearby or on the numeric keypad. Press the
    Num Lock key and test it to determine if the keypad is working.

Use the following steps to resolve issues when either the numeric keypad does not work, but rest of the keyboard works correctly, or when the whole keyboard does not work but the numeric keypad works correctly:

NOTE:

Some keyboard functions might stop working when accidentally pressing and holding the
    Shift key or the Num Lock key for several seconds or when these keys are pressed several times.

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

2. In Control Panel, click Ease of Access.

3. In the Ease of Access Center, click Make the keyboard easier to use.

4. Uncheck the option for Turn on Mouse Keys, and then click
    OK

If you are still having issues, you can refer to the article below:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Jul 21, 2019
  3. numeric keypad stopped working with windows 10. how to fix?

Hi Feliciajefferson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you to resolve issue.

I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

• What is the make and model of Numeric Key Pad?

• Do you get any error code or message while using Numeric Key Pad?

• What happen when you try to use Numeric Key Pad?
    I would suggest you to follow the below methods to fix issue.

Method 1. Try to run hardware and device troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps.

1. Press windows + X key then go to control panel.

2. Search for troubleshooting then click on hardware and device.

3. Under hardware and device click Configure a device.

4. Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2.Try to Update the drivers for your Numeric key pad and check if the same issue occurs.

Follow the steps.

a. Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager’.

b. Click Device Manager.

c. Click + sign next to Mouse and other pointing devices.

d. Right-click on your numeric keypad and select “Update”.

e. Restart your computer.

Drivers should get installed automatically after restarting the computer.

Method 3. If drivers are not compatible then I would suggest you to visit the laptop manufacturer website download and install the available drivers for your device in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps.

a. Right click on the driver setup file and select “Properties”.

b. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

c. Make a check mark next to Run this program in “Compatibility mode” and select previous version of Windows supported by the software, from the drop down list.

d. Then click on “Apply” and “Ok” option.

e. Then install the driver.

f. Then restart your computer and check how it works.

Visit the laptop manufacturer website download and install the latest numeric keypad drivers.

Hope this helps. If the issue still persists, let us know and will be happy to help.

Thank You.

Preeti Patel, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Numeric Keypad, Touchpad, and Minimized Windows Not Working in Windows 10?

Numeric Keypad Won't Work! - Windows 10

My numeric keypad only works on the login screen! I searched the internet and I couldn't find the answer. I would try and type numbers using the keypad on other programs, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Netflix, and it wouldn't type any numbers.
    I contacted a support line but they didn't give me a great answer. After some digging, I:

• Open Settings
    • Select "Ease of Access" Settings
    • Select "Mouse" Settings
    • Turn off "Use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen"
    • Make sure NUMLOCK is turn on or "Locked"

Test it out and I hope it works!

Stephen F._45, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Numeric Keypad, Touchpad, and Minimized Windows Not Working in Windows 10?

1. Numeric Keypad, Touchpad, and Minimized Windows Not Working in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Numeric Keypad Touchpad

2. Numeric keypad problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numeric keypad problem: I just bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 and a Microsoft numeric keypad to go with it. I have paired the keypad with the laptop but it does not work. When I switch the keypad on, the battery level indicator light flashes on 1. Can anyone please advise what I can do to fix...
  3. Numeric keypad problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Numeric keypad problem: I just bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 and a Microsoft numeric keypad to go with it. I have paired the keypad with the laptop but it does not work. When I switch the keypad on, the battery level indicator light flashes on 1. Can anyone please advise what I can do to fix...
  4. Keypad/Touchpad Not Working

Keypad/Touchpad Not Working: Hi all. I don't know if it is called a touchpad or a keypad!! Either/or, it has stopped working on my Samsung laptop. My keyboard is working fine and when I plugged in a mouse, thank heavens, that still worked. I fixed this problem a year or two back, now, the problem is...
  5. Numeric keypad issues with Windows 10

Numeric keypad issues with Windows 10: We have recently purchased various Windows 10 workstations. Some of our users are having an issue where certain keys in the numeric keypad are not working correctly within Microsoft Office. Most of this is noticed when using Microsoft Excel. When the 4 or 2 is pressed it will...
  6. Numeric keypad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numeric keypad: My numeric keypad isn't working. I've tried num lock button and still doesn't work. I appreciate any help on this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numeric-keypad/28ce7686-3e24-4148-aa23-200dc02181d9
  7. Numeric keypad not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Numeric keypad not working after update: I bought a new ASUS RUFF game computer. All was working fine, until I did check for updates and install. Now my numeric keys on the right side of keyboard no longer work. HELP...
  8. numeric keypad isnt working

in Windows 10 Customization
    numeric keypad isnt working: I have tried to turn on my numeric keypad so I can use it for the numbers and not the mouse and it just isn't working what can I do to turn it on...
  9. numeric keypad issue

numeric keypad issue: I have a Australian purchased HP x360 Envy laptop and the numeric keypad decimal point key displays a comma when typing. I use the numeric keypad input quite a lot being a mathematics teacher and I wish to change the comma to a decimal point permanently. Can someone help me...
  10. Numerical keypad not working properly after Windows 10 update

Numerical keypad not working properly after Windows 10 update: Hi, Who can help me? My operating system is Windows 10 home single language. During update of OS, the numerical keypad of my laptop did not function. You can still click the num lock key but the other keys did not function. Can somebody help me? Thank you. <Original...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to resolve issues when either the numeric keypad does not work and but rest of the keyboard works correctly or when the whole keyboard does not work but the numeric keypad works correctly:

2. NUMERIC KEYPAD JUST STOPPED WORKING