Windows 10: Numeric lock on HP keyboard

Discus and support Numeric lock on HP keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; since I installed windows 10, every time I power-OFF, the number lock closes. That did not happen with Windows 7. At first, I activated the Num Lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wscl, Nov 25, 2015.

1. wscl Win User

Numeric lock on HP keyboard

since I installed windows 10, every time I power-OFF, the number lock closes. That did not happen with Windows 7. At first, I activated the Num Lock every time I booted. Now, even when the Num Lock light is ON, the number pad is inactive. I wish to have the Num lock ON at all times, like with Windows 7. Help

:)

2. Windows 10: Keyboard typing wrong characters

i have same problem with my keyboard, brand new computer windows 10. (fujitsu 2017)

if the num locks are on, the keyboard types all numerical number along with the alphabatics.

if the num locks are off keyboard types as operated numerical and/ alphabatics.

NUM LOCK BUTTON CREAT PROBLEMS.

regards Kuldip

kuldipsidhu123, Nov 25, 2015
  3. eqeus Win User
    Problems after Symbian Anna update on Nokia E7

Another problem:

When I use on screen keyboard (qwerty or numerical) the phone locks, when I open off screen qwerty, the phone unlocks.

After turning the phone off/on I can use the on screen keyboard 2-3 times and then it is locked again.

Apparently I can use the numerical on screen keyboard in "dial".

eqeus, Nov 25, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

5. wscl Win User
    wscl, Dec 1, 2015
  6. wscl Win User
    wscl, Dec 1, 2015
  7. wscl Win User
    wscl, Dec 1, 2015
  8. Numeric lock on HP keyboard

On a HP computer Num Lock can be set in the BIOS. Continuously pressing F10 on startup will bring you to the BIOS. Then go to Advanced/Devices Options/Num Lock State @ Power-On/ Set it to ON. Escape/Save changes and exit.
    No need to disable Fast Start-Up. It was probably reset by the upgrade.

All the best,
    Mike

MikeMecanic, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Numeric lock on HP keyboard - Similar Threads - Numeric lock keyboard

2. Sculpt keyboard, Numeric keyboard doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt keyboard, Numeric keyboard doesn't work: I have a Sculpt Keyboard, main keyboard and mouse are working normal, but numeric keyboard doesn't. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sculpt-keyboard-numeric-keyboard-doesnt-work/df57ba8e-8823-4cae-8889-c72be18376da
  3. Numerous BSODs on new HP laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Numerous BSODs on new HP laptop: Have a new HP Probook x360 435 G7 that keeps on intermittently BSOD when in use or idle, usually a few hours in between the BSODs, with different bugchecks IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, BAD_POOL_CALLER, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Ran memtest for 24+...
  4. USB numeric keyboard

USB numeric keyboard: The num lock on the auxiliary numeric key board locks the alpha keyboard as well. Impossible to use on spreadsheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-numeric-keyboard/fa3a5b27-75ef-408e-b84b-a6fa6f0e2b8b
  5. Del key on numeric keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Del key on numeric keyboard: I have a new HP laptop using Windows 10. When using the numeric keyboard I keep on getting a full stop when trying to use the del key. Can someone help me fix this? Thanks Claire McDevitt...
  6. numeric keyboard error

numeric keyboard error: since two weeks numeric keyboard showing error, when I type 7 it is type 79, also other numbers work same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numeric-keyboard-error/773ec80e-118d-4e32-b69b-9a57f05264c6
  7. HP laptop numeric keypad

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP laptop numeric keypad: have new HP laptop, but do not know how to lock the numeric keypad into the number only position. It has the key, but no light and when I push the key it does not lock the keypad into number only. Any suggestions. Has the new optane intel i3 inside system. Thanks...
  8. Keyboard Numeric Pad

Keyboard Numeric Pad: Numeric Key Pad does not work for Numbers and that is true for 5 different Keyboards attempted. Some Wireless and some tethered. Must be a Win 10 glitch. Any Solutions?...
  9. Numeric Pad Key Lock

in Windows 10 Support
    Numeric Pad Key Lock: Hi Guys, since Win 10 whenever I need to restart my Windows after an update etc it always does so with key pad lock off whereas before on Win 7 it was always on, is there a fix for this as I am so used to just banging in numbers and then seeing it doesn't work, especially...
  10. Numeric Keyboard start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Numeric Keyboard start up: Since last updates, two problems have occurred with Windows 10 on my laptop. 1. Numeric keyboard always opens now with 'num lock' not working. Before I wouldn't have to do anything, now I have to press it to get numbers to type 2. Random freezing while using Facebook....