Windows 10: Numeric Pad Key Lock

Discus and support Numeric Pad Key Lock in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, since Win 10 whenever I need to restart my Windows after an update etc it always does so with key pad lock off whereas before on Win 7 it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DJ Steve, Aug 11, 2015.

1. DJ Steve Win User

Numeric Pad Key Lock

Hi Guys, since Win 10 whenever I need to restart my Windows after an update etc it always does so with key pad lock off whereas before on Win 7 it was always on, is there a fix for this as I am so used to just banging in numbers and then seeing it doesn't work, especially using a pin to log in with.

TRIA

:)

DJ Steve, Aug 11, 2015
  2. HairyFool Win User

Some keys on laptop keyboard not working (Windows 10)

The Numeric Lock function does not just affect the keys the O/P refers to. It turns the Right side keys into a numeric pad.

He also reports that the keys do nothing at all. NumLock switched the mode of specific keys, they still work but do not output the normal characters. The keys still work but the keys UIOP and below function as a numeric pad, the others work as normal.

HairyFool, Aug 11, 2015
  3. When trying to sign into Windows 10 for the first time, I get the error “That password is incorrect.”

Even if you upgraded from Win 8 or 8.1 and DIDN'T sign-in when using Win 8.1, Win 10 seems to remove the num lock on your number key pad. So before you enter your password click the Num Lock Key (number lock) in the upper left corner of the numeric key
    pad. Then enter your password. That works for me every time, but it took me quite a while to figure it out. I don't know why Microsoft hasn't fixed that problem. It is not the same problem that Wasim Asad (Forum Moderator) speaks of below. My NUM LOCK
    key is always on but Win 10 turns it off at start up so I have to click on it before entering my password because my password is alpha numeric. You can also use the number on the row above your keyboard and then you don't have to worry about the num lock
    problem. But if you use your numeric key pad you must reset the num lock key.

JohannaRoseville, Aug 11, 2015
  4. bamagull Win User

Numeric Pad Key Lock

try this Solved How can I make the num lock stay on? - Windows 10 Forums

bamagull, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Numeric Pad Key Lock

1. Numeric Pad Key Lock - Similar Threads - Numeric Pad Key

2. Numerical Pad doesn't work after Login not Mouse Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numerical Pad doesn't work after Login not Mouse Keys: As said in the title, my number pad on the right of my laptop has stopped working properly ever since I reset it.Whenever I turn my laptop on and have to login using my PIN it works just fine, however once I am logged my Numpad just works as arrow keys no matter what I do.The...
  3. how do I turn on the numeric lock key on the key pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I turn on the numeric lock key on the key pad: i am unable to get my numeric keys to work on the key pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-the-numeric-lock-key-on-the-key/81c0093b-5a3d-43bb-a209-224ceb56acf7
  4. how do I turn on the numeric lock key on the key pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I turn on the numeric lock key on the key pad: i am unable to get my numeric keys to work on the key pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-the-numeric-lock-key-on-the-key/81c0093b-5a3d-43bb-a209-224ceb56acf7
  5. Numeric Pad issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numeric Pad issue: The problem I am facing is that my numeric pad keys 0 & 5 are not working on notepad, word etc. but it is working on the windows start search bar I have even rested my pc and still I am facing this issue. Please tell me how to fix it....
  6. Physical numeric pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Physical numeric pad: How to turn onphysical numeric keypad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/physical-numeric-pad/a560163e-7243-428e-9728-898f87da1168
  7. Keyboard keys in numeric pad are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keys in numeric pad are not working: I don't know why but 6 keys in numeric pad are not working4,5,6,/,*,- please help me how to fix this issue thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-in-numeric-pad-are-not-working/d16f4d07-74d3-4854-994f-c64c42deda79
  8. Numeric Key pad not function properly on Microsoft ergo keybpard

Numeric Key pad not function properly on Microsoft ergo keybpard: When num lock is off the cursor keys work fine. When num lock is on the numeric keys do nothing. I have changed to different keyboard and both keyboards act the same. Found that keyboard numeric keys work fine in Rumba but not in any Office Apps....
  9. Keyboard Numeric Pad

Keyboard Numeric Pad: Numeric Key Pad does not work for Numbers and that is true for 5 different Keyboards attempted. Some Wireless and some tethered. Must be a Win 10 glitch. Any Solutions?...
  10. on-screen numeral pad

in Windows 10 Support
    on-screen numeral pad: Windows 10 on dell venue tablet with bluetooth keyboard and usb mouse. On start up sign in to MS account by pin rather than password selected. When click on pin, a numeral pad used to pop up and is very convenient as hand is already on mouse, so just click on each of the 4...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keys still work but the keys uiop and below function as a numeric pad