Windows 10: Numeric Pad Key Lock

Discus and support Numeric Pad Key Lock in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, since Win 10 whenever I need to restart my Windows after an update etc it always does so with key pad lock off whereas before on Win 7 it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DJ Steve, Aug 11, 2015.

1. DJ Steve Win User

Numeric Pad Key Lock

Hi Guys, since Win 10 whenever I need to restart my Windows after an update etc it always does so with key pad lock off whereas before on Win 7 it was always on, is there a fix for this as I am so used to just banging in numbers and then seeing it doesn't work, especially using a pin to log in with.

TRIA

:)

DJ Steve, Aug 11, 2015
  2. HairyFool Win User

Some keys on laptop keyboard not working (Windows 10)

The Numeric Lock function does not just affect the keys the O/P refers to. It turns the Right side keys into a numeric pad.

He also reports that the keys do nothing at all. NumLock switched the mode of specific keys, they still work but do not output the normal characters. The keys still work but the keys UIOP and below function as a numeric pad, the others work as normal.

HairyFool, Aug 11, 2015
  3. When trying to sign into Windows 10 for the first time, I get the error “That password is incorrect.”

Even if you upgraded from Win 8 or 8.1 and DIDN'T sign-in when using Win 8.1, Win 10 seems to remove the num lock on your number key pad. So before you enter your password click the Num Lock Key (number lock) in the upper left corner of the numeric key
    pad. Then enter your password. That works for me every time, but it took me quite a while to figure it out. I don't know why Microsoft hasn't fixed that problem. It is not the same problem that Wasim Asad (Forum Moderator) speaks of below. My NUM LOCK
    key is always on but Win 10 turns it off at start up so I have to click on it before entering my password because my password is alpha numeric. You can also use the number on the row above your keyboard and then you don't have to worry about the num lock
    problem. But if you use your numeric key pad you must reset the num lock key.

JohannaRoseville, Aug 11, 2015
  4. bamagull Win User

Numeric Pad Key Lock

try this Solved How can I make the num lock stay on? - Windows 10 Forums

bamagull, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Numeric Pad Key Lock

1. Numeric Pad Key Lock - Similar Threads - Numeric Pad Key

2. Pad Lock on Temp Internet Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pad Lock on Temp Internet Files: When I run my disc cleanup there is a pad lock next to the check marks for “Temporary Internet Files 542 MB” This file amount never gets cleaned up and is very large. It's always 542MB. I have tried using the following with no success: Close Internet Explorer and any...
  3. Num lock turns off slash key on numeric keypad

Num lock turns off slash key on numeric keypad: I'm using Windows 10 and a Logitech wireless keyboard. For some reason when I turn on Num Lock it turns off the forward slash key on the numeric keypad though the * - and . keys still work. It's annoying if I'm trying to type a calculation into a calculator or spreadsheet so...
  4. Mathematical keys on numeric pad on Microsoft keyboard no longer working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mathematical keys on numeric pad on Microsoft keyboard no longer working.: The following keys do not work on the numeric pad: / * + -. I replaced the keyboard and it made no difference. I had the drivers updated but it also made no difference. I really hope somebody can suggest a solution....
  5. need to lock the touch pad

need to lock the touch pad: How do I lock the touch on my laptop (windows 10)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-lock-the-touch-pad/524ec8b3-fa53-4e4c-be55-099f47148d95
  6. Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Keyboard and Numeric Pad Not Working

Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Keyboard and Numeric Pad Not Working: Frustrating, Such a beautiful combo of wireless keyboard, number pad and mouse and such a waste of money. I've had this setup for a couple months, worked beautifully and then all of a sudden keyboard and number pad stopped working. I followed all the steps,...
  7. Keyboard Numeric Pad

Keyboard Numeric Pad: Numeric Key Pad does not work for Numbers and that is true for 5 different Keyboards attempted. Some Wireless and some tethered. Must be a Win 10 glitch. Any Solutions?...
  8. Numeric key board

Numeric key board: All of the sudden the numeric portion of my keyboard is not working. The number lock key IS on. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/numeric-key-board/ead474f8-ba3b-4c95-8fdc-d53a3b9b1bd2
  9. Numeric lock on HP keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Numeric lock on HP keyboard: since I installed windows 10, every time I power-OFF, the number lock closes. That did not happen with Windows 7. At first, I activated the Num Lock every time I booted. Now, even when the Num Lock light is ON, the number pad is inactive. I wish to have the Num lock ON at all...
  10. on-screen numeral pad

in Windows 10 Support
    on-screen numeral pad: Windows 10 on dell venue tablet with bluetooth keyboard and usb mouse. On start up sign in to MS account by pin rather than password selected. When click on pin, a numeral pad used to pop up and is very convenient as hand is already on mouse, so just click on each of the 4...