Windows 10: Numerical Display issue

Discus and support Numerical Display issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know what happened or why this is happening but some of the numbers on my screen like the volume level numbers and some in random ppaces... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sterlingyahdntknw, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Numerical Display issue

I don't know what happened or why this is happening but some of the numbers on my screen like the volume level numbers and some in random ppaces throughout the settings menu are backwards, upside down and some turn into weird symbols. I've tried searching for several hours for a solution or reason it's like this but I haven't found anything remotely related to my problem. It's very frustrating. Can anyone explain this, please???

:)

sterlingyahdntknw, Jun 26, 2020

2. Can you help me with numerous issues related to my display?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to the Display driver is out dated. Try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you update display driver and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + R and type
      devmgmt.msc in the box and hit Enter.

• Locate and Expand the Display Adapter driver.

• Right Click on the Display Device.

• Click on update.
    If the issue still occur I would recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated display driver and install it. Visit the below link.

HP ENVY dv7-7210em Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Numerical Display issue

Display Issue Please Help

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing while scrolling down. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, let me know this:

What exactly happens when you shut down the computer?

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

Step 1: Update the Display driver. Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to Run.
    • In the Run prompt, type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK.
    • Device Manager will open.
    • In Device Manager expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    • After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Numerical Display issue

1. Numerical Display issue - Similar Threads - Numerical Display issue

2. Numeric Pad issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numeric Pad issue: The problem I am facing is that my numeric pad keys 0 & 5 are not working on notepad, word etc. but it is working on the windows start search bar I have even rested my pc and still I am facing this issue. Please tell me how to fix it....
  3. Numerous Issues with October 2020 Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Numerous Issues with October 2020 Cumulative Update: HP ENVY X360 CONVERTIBLE 15M-BP111DX Windows 10 Home 64-bit I assume it's Build 19041.572 since it was the 'Windows 10 version 2004' update that started all of my problems. Unfortunately, I can't confirm it though. I realize this is long, but I don't have time to go back...
  4. Numeric keypad issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Numeric keypad issues with Windows 10: We have recently purchased various Windows 10 workstations. Some of our users are having an issue where certain keys in the numeric keypad are not working correctly within Microsoft Office. Most of this is noticed when using Microsoft Excel. When the 4 or 2 is pressed it will...
  5. Firewall missing and numerous other issues.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall missing and numerous other issues.: Hello I am hoping for some help. I dont know what happened to my laptop and I could really use help fixing it without haveing to take it in to the computer shop or losing everything. So I hadnt used my computer in a while but I left it on so something happened. I can...
  6. Numerous issues with 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numerous issues with 1903 update: I want to see if anyone is having similar issues with the 1903 Windows 10 update. I've already tried rolling back and then reinstalling the update, and the same issues are persisting. So what's happening... My computer will run fine for a a few hours, then things start...
  7. Numerous issues over the past few months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Numerous issues over the past few months: I have a custom built PC that I've had for about three years, but over the past few months I've been getting strange BSOD's. When I leave my PC turned off for a few hours, the first time I boot it up it will crash after a completely random period of time. After it restarts,...
  8. Numerous issues with Microsoft Account (but can log in)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numerous issues with Microsoft Account (but can log in): Hey, I'm really frustrated and out of ideas so.im.hoping someone can help me out and save me nuking my account. My user profile seems to have become corrupted. On my main PC i have two users, mine and my wifes. When i log into my account i cannot use Edge (white screen...
  9. numeric keypad issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    numeric keypad issue: I have a Australian purchased HP x360 Envy laptop and the numeric keypad decimal point key displays a comma when typing. I use the numeric keypad input quite a lot being a mathematics teacher and I wish to change the comma to a decimal point permanently. Can someone help me...
  10. Numerous issues with 10 resolved

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Numerous issues with 10 resolved: I re-installed the free upgrade this week on my 4 laptops and several issues were resolved. C+ constant install computer boots with an error screen and then repair Random hardware issues*Biggrin Did not do a clean install/keep files and settings. 44134