Windows 10: Numerical keypad not working properly after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Numerical keypad not working properly after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Who can help me? My operating system is Windows 10 home single language. During update of OS, the numerical keypad of my laptop did not function.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Apple.123, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Apple.123 Win User

Numerical keypad not working properly after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Who can help me? My operating system is Windows 10 home single language. During update of OS, the numerical keypad of my laptop did not function. You can still click the num lock key but the other keys did not function. Can somebody help me?

Thank you.

<Original title - Numerical keypad >

:)

Apple.123, Jul 16, 2018

2. Numeric keypad will not work in Excel

I started having a problem with my numeric keypad while using Excel, Quickbooks, and a few other programs. I can use the numbers above the keys but numeric keypad will only move the cells in Excel. My NumLock is on and I am using Windows 10. The numeric
    keypad will work in simple chat programs.

I have updated all windows updates.

RodneyJ428, Jul 16, 2018
  3. numeric keypad stopped working with windows 10. how to fix?

Hi Feliciajefferson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you to resolve issue.

I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

• What is the make and model of Numeric Key Pad?

• Do you get any error code or message while using Numeric Key Pad?

• What happen when you try to use Numeric Key Pad?
    I would suggest you to follow the below methods to fix issue.

Method 1. Try to run hardware and device troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps.

1. Press windows + X key then go to control panel.

2. Search for troubleshooting then click on hardware and device.

3. Under hardware and device click Configure a device.

4. Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2.Try to Update the drivers for your Numeric key pad and check if the same issue occurs.

Follow the steps.

a. Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager’.

b. Click Device Manager.

c. Click + sign next to Mouse and other pointing devices.

d. Right-click on your numeric keypad and select “Update”.

e. Restart your computer.

Drivers should get installed automatically after restarting the computer.

Method 3. If drivers are not compatible then I would suggest you to visit the laptop manufacturer website download and install the available drivers for your device in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps.

a. Right click on the driver setup file and select “Properties”.

b. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

c. Make a check mark next to Run this program in “Compatibility mode” and select previous version of Windows supported by the software, from the drop down list.

d. Then click on “Apply” and “Ok” option.

e. Then install the driver.

f. Then restart your computer and check how it works.

Visit the laptop manufacturer website download and install the latest numeric keypad drivers.

Hope this helps. If the issue still persists, let us know and will be happy to help.

Thank You.

Preeti Patel, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Numerical keypad not working properly after Windows 10 update

Numeric Keypad Won't Work! - Windows 10

My numeric keypad only works on the login screen! I searched the internet and I couldn't find the answer. I would try and type numbers using the keypad on other programs, such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Netflix, and it wouldn't type any numbers.
    I contacted a support line but they didn't give me a great answer. After some digging, I:

• Open Settings
    • Select "Ease of Access" Settings
    • Select "Mouse" Settings
    • Turn off "Use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen"
    • Make sure NUMLOCK is turn on or "Locked"

Test it out and I hope it works!

Stephen F._45, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Numerical keypad not working properly after Windows 10 update

1. Numerical keypad not working properly after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Numerical keypad working

2. Numeric keypad problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numeric keypad problem: I just bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 and a Microsoft numeric keypad to go with it. I have paired the keypad with the laptop but it does not work. When I switch the keypad on, the battery level indicator light flashes on 1. Can anyone please advise what I can do to fix...
  3. Numeric keypad problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numeric keypad problem: I just bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 and a Microsoft numeric keypad to go with it. I have paired the keypad with the laptop but it does not work. When I switch the keypad on, the battery level indicator light flashes on 1. Can anyone please advise what I can do to fix...
  4. Numeric keypad problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Numeric keypad issues with Windows 10

Numeric keypad issues with Windows 10: We have recently purchased various Windows 10 workstations. Some of our users are having an issue where certain keys in the numeric keypad are not working correctly within Microsoft Office. Most of this is noticed when using Microsoft Excel. When the 4 or 2 is pressed it will...
  6. Numeric keypad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numeric keypad: My numeric keypad isn't working. I've tried num lock button and still doesn't work. I appreciate any help on this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numeric-keypad/28ce7686-3e24-4148-aa23-200dc02181d9
  7. Numeric keypad not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Numeric keypad not working after update: I bought a new ASUS RUFF game computer. All was working fine, until I did check for updates and install. Now my numeric keys on the right side of keyboard no longer work. HELP...
  8. Numeric Keypad, Touchpad, and Minimized Windows Not Working in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Numeric Keypad, Touchpad, and Minimized Windows Not Working in Windows 10?: I'm having a problem with the above-mentioned components on my laptop. I really hope someone can help me out. I have a Sager NP6852 with an Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80 GHz, 8 GB of RAM and it's running Windows 10 Home version 1903. First of all, I wiped down my laptop...
  9. numeric keypad isnt working

in Windows 10 Customization
    numeric keypad isnt working: I have tried to turn on my numeric keypad so I can use it for the numbers and not the mouse and it just isn't working what can I do to turn it on...
  10. numeric keypad issue

numeric keypad issue: I have a Australian purchased HP x360 Envy laptop and the numeric keypad decimal point key displays a comma when typing. I use the numeric keypad input quite a lot being a mathematics teacher and I wish to change the comma to a decimal point permanently. Can someone help me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. numerical at not working in windows

2. numeric keypad wont work after latest update 2019

3. windows numeric keypad not working

4. when using Microsoft edge my numeric keypad doesnt funtion properly,
  5. Windows 10 Numeric Keypad not work after update,
  6. numerical keypad wont work correctly,
  7. windows 10 numeric keypad not working properly