Windows 10: Numerous issues following Windows 10 updates and Microsoft failures

Discus and support Numerous issues following Windows 10 updates and Microsoft failures in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time Windows 10 does an update, there are always issues, notably with mail syncing, media casting, network speeds etc etc etc. My main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Monkey7974, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Numerous issues following Windows 10 updates and Microsoft failures

Every time Windows 10 does an update, there are always issues, notably with mail syncing, media casting, network speeds etc etc etc.

My main complaint is that Microsoft seem to be releasing these updates without fully testing them for compatibility with "their own software and apps".

Example: Windows Mail with an Outlook email account fails to sync following most updates and the MS support team generic response is to delete the email account and then re-add it. Users should NOT have to delete and reinstall ANY MS software or apps because of incompetence's within the software update teams. It is an unnecessary waste of user time and really very annoying.

If my engineering team consistently caused functionality issues with every upgrade and/or maintenance task, I would be firing people.

The attitude of "Delete and re-install" and "turn it off and on again" are unacceptable.

SORT IT OUT!!!

:)

Monkey7974, Oct 12, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Numerous issues following Windows 10 updates and Microsoft failures

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Numerous issues following Windows 10 updates and Microsoft failures

1. Numerous issues following Windows 10 updates and Microsoft failures - Similar Threads - Numerous issues following

2. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update: I have problem with update win11 Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800F0831: 2023-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028185. I try to cmd:net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop appidsvc...
  3. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update: I have problem with update win11 Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800F0831: 2023-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028185. I try to cmd:net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop appidsvc...
  4. Boot failure following windows 10 feature update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot failure following windows 10 feature update: Hi I have a PC with Windows 10 64 bit. I ran a feature update that stuck 48% even after leaving overnight. With no other option I turned off and rebooted hoping that it would repair/roll back the update. Alas I am now in a pickle. BSOD here's what I've tried so far. Hopefully...
  5. Numerical Display issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numerical Display issue: I don't know what happened or why this is happening but some of the numbers on my screen like the volume level numbers and some in random ppaces throughout the settings menu are backwards, upside down and some turn into weird symbols. I've tried searching for several hours...
  6. Numeric keypad issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Numeric keypad issues with Windows 10: We have recently purchased various Windows 10 workstations. Some of our users are having an issue where certain keys in the numeric keypad are not working correctly within Microsoft Office. Most of this is noticed when using Microsoft Excel. When the 4 or 2 is pressed it will...
  7. Numerous issues with 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numerous issues with 1903 update: I want to see if anyone is having similar issues with the 1903 Windows 10 update. I've already tried rolling back and then reinstalling the update, and the same issues are persisting. So what's happening... My computer will run fine for a a few hours, then things start...
  8. Windows Desktop Failure to Display following update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Desktop Failure to Display following update: My laptop will not show the desktop or anything else I have installed following a MS update. I get the prompt "Location is not available" C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop. I have tried WINDOWS + R and msconfig / General / Normal Startup and it makes no...
  9. Numerous issues with 10 resolved

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Numerous issues with 10 resolved: I re-installed the free upgrade this week on my 4 laptops and several issues were resolved. C+ constant install computer boots with an error screen and then repair Random hardware issues*Biggrin Did not do a clean install/keep files and settings. 44134
  10. Admin Problems + numerous issues following re-install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin Problems + numerous issues following re-install of Windows 10: Hi, I just re-installed Windows 10 using the built in Reset option as I wanted to clear my hard drive and start fresh. I have been having some strange problems since this re-install. First, every time I turn on my computer and sign in to my account, I get a message...