Windows 10: Numerous issues over the past few months

Discus and support Numerous issues over the past few months in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a custom built PC that I've had for about three years, but over the past few months I've been getting strange BSOD's. When I leave my PC turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Motorblade7, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Numerous issues over the past few months

I have a custom built PC that I've had for about three years, but over the past few months I've been getting strange BSOD's. When I leave my PC turned off for a few hours, the first time I boot it up it will crash after a completely random period of time. After it restarts, it never crashes. I tried reinstalling Windows, but it still happens.

Last week I booted up my computer and none of the internet features on Windows would work. No WiFi, no Ethernet, no Internet Settings. I looked at the device manager and it said that both the Ethernet port on my motherboard and the USB WiFi adapter were functioning. Additionally, the troubleshooter wouldn't work. I tried reinstalling Windows, which solved the Internet issues, but the troubleshooter still doesn't work

Finally, today I was working on my computer when the "Activate Windows" watermark suddenly appeared. I tried simply restarting my computer, and that didn't help, so I just turned off my computer and went to do something else. After a few hours I got back on to do some more work and discovered the watermark was no longer there.

What is the cause of all of these problems? At this point I'm tired of having to workaround them, and would really like to just do whatever I need to do to solve the problem.

:)

Motorblade7, Apr 2, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    copy & paste issue

Hello Charlie,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• When did the issue occur?
    • Did you make any recent changes before the issue occur?
    • Do you get any error code or messages?
    • Does the issue also occur in WordPad or Notepad? We suggest you to do this step to isolate the issue.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Apr 2, 2019
  4. JATownes Win User

Numerous issues over the past few months

Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Numerous issues over the past few months

1. Numerous issues over the past few months - Similar Threads - Numerous issues past

2. Having a lot of issues for past few months!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a lot of issues for past few months!: Windows was unable to install updates of December so I was waiting for the January Update and now there are two updates to install and it still not installing updates. Tried restarting the PC, Troubleshooting, and it shows "Check for Windows Update issues" "detected" under "...
  3. Having a lot of issues for past few months!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having a lot of issues for past few months!: Windows was unable to install updates of December so I was waiting for the January Update and now there are two updates to install and it still not installing updates. Tried restarting the PC, Troubleshooting, and it shows "Check for Windows Update issues" "detected" under "...
  4. Lots of crashes over the past few months, several vague leads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of crashes over the past few months, several vague leads: Hello, my computer has been crashing for SEVERAL various BSOD causes and despite me trying to fix it for months I have had no success. The reliability monitor has said "he computer has rebooted from a bugcheck" which does not help. Google + tom's hardware + microsoft forums...
  5. Lots of crashes over the past few months, several vague leads

Lots of crashes over the past few months, several vague leads: Hello, my computer has been crashing for SEVERAL various BSOD causes and despite me trying to fix it for months I have had no success. The reliability monitor has said "he computer has rebooted from a bugcheck" which does not help. Google + tom's hardware + microsoft forums...
  6. Lots of crashes over the past few months, several vague leads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I have had multiple BSODs over the past few months

I have had multiple BSODs over the past few months: And they all seem to be from different sources. If anyone has suggestions, I would be very grateful. Is there are way to attach dump files? I can send 2, or 6 if that helps....
  8. I have had multiple BSODs over the past few months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had multiple BSODs over the past few months: And they all seem to be from different sources. If anyone has suggestions, I would be very grateful. Is there are way to attach dump files? I can send 2, or 6 if that helps....
  9. I have had multiple BSODs over the past few months

10. Receiving frequent BSODs in the past few months

Receiving frequent BSODs in the past few months: Hello all. Since around the middle of October, I have suddenly been receiving BSODs, mostly DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, or IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have collected the necessary files and will upload them, with one caveat - I cleaned out the dump files a week or...