Windows 10: Numerous issues with Microsoft Account (but can log in)

Discus and support Numerous issues with Microsoft Account (but can log in) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, I'm really frustrated and out of ideas so.im.hoping someone can help me out and save me nuking my account. My user profile seems to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rauloson, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Rauloson Win User

Numerous issues with Microsoft Account (but can log in)

Hey,

I'm really frustrated and out of ideas so.im.hoping someone can help me out and save me nuking my account.

My user profile seems to have become corrupted. On my main PC i have two users, mine and my wifes. When i log into my account i cannot use Edge (white screen no content when loads), access any Windows Settings screens like display or hexk for updates (i can get to control panel to open SOMETIMES but even when i can selecting any catagory just displays the header and left side menu but the actual menu settings area is just blank white) and the search tool on the task bar just shows blank with the loading dots at the top no matter what i search for.

Yesterday, i tried playing a game (PUBG via steam) which would load, allow me to join a party but every time we tried to join a game PUBG woukd freeze on the loading page. The PC would let me alt/tab to another window but pubg frozen screen would stay on top no matter what i selected resukting in a hard reset 5 out of 5 attempts.

I logged into my wife account then into my steam and the game worked fine first time. My wifes account also has full functionality in that edge, setting and search all work fine. My account was fine until three days ago.

I have a second PC and my user account works fine on that one too.

I have used powershell to run SFC and DISM restorehealth commands with no effect .

Ive seen lots oinlne for fixing a corrupted profile when you cant log in but nothing on this. Ive looked in the Registry but there is no .bck entry for my profile to restore from.

Can anyone suggest what the issue may be and how to resolve? If not, what will have the least impact on my machine; repairing windows in recovery enviroment, re-installing windows without formatting or creating a back up of my c:/users/... folders and deleteing then re-registering my user account.

Thanks

Paul

:)

Rauloson, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Numerous issues with Microsoft Account (but can log in) :(

Zakin, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Numerous issues with Microsoft Account (but can log in) - Similar Threads - Numerous issues Microsoft

2. Microsoft account log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account log in: Yesterday Dell had to replace the motherboard on one of my computers.On restarting the machine I was asked to reset the PIN. This involved Microsoft emailing me a verification code.Despite a message saying they had sent an email I have received nothing. I have tried this...
  3. Microsoft account log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account log in: Yesterday Dell had to replace the motherboard on one of my computers.On restarting the machine I was asked to reset the PIN. This involved Microsoft emailing me a verification code.Despite a message saying they had sent an email I have received nothing. I have tried this...
  4. Numeric Pad issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numeric Pad issue: The problem I am facing is that my numeric pad keys 0 & 5 are not working on notepad, word etc. but it is working on the windows start search bar I have even rested my pc and still I am facing this issue. Please tell me how to fix it....
  5. Numerous issues with devices and accounts in a Microsoft Family Group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Numerous issues with devices and accounts in a Microsoft Family Group: Hi, I'm experiencing quite a number of issues with my MicrosoftAccount, the associated dashboard, and the weekly reports I get about mychild's activity. 1. one computer showed up twice on the dashboard, after removing it using my account, it's no longer showing up at all...
  6. Numerical Display issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numerical Display issue: I don't know what happened or why this is happening but some of the numbers on my screen like the volume level numbers and some in random ppaces throughout the settings menu are backwards, upside down and some turn into weird symbols. I've tried searching for several hours...
  7. Issues Logging into Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues Logging into Microsoft Account: I've just bought a laptop from a friend and I'm trying to sign into my microsoft account instead of just using a user profile. I can get past the email address and password and then it says "we need your login password one last time". So I type in the same password I typed in...
  8. issues with logging in to microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    issues with logging in to microsoft account: I recently deleted an alias from my Microsoft Account. All last week was able to log into my computer but this morning when I try to log in says password is not valid. Try to change password and this is what I am getting "This is not a recognized Microsoft account, try...
  9. numeric keypad issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    numeric keypad issue: I have a Australian purchased HP x360 Envy laptop and the numeric keypad decimal point key displays a comma when typing. I use the numeric keypad input quite a lot being a mathematics teacher and I wish to change the comma to a decimal point permanently. Can someone help me...
  10. Issue with microsoft account log in to Windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with microsoft account log in to Windows: I have Windows 10 - have been using it with no issues til recently. Computer rebooted and all of a sudden it requires my daughter to log in with her microsoft account password. How can I get my computer back? the desktop is mine, the files are mine, it just changed the log...