Windows 10: Numerous problems including BSOD at startup and freezes

Discus and support Numerous problems including BSOD at startup and freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi forum, Two dump files located here and here This has been an ongoing issue for months, and I cannot find out its cause. It has been happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TimVerheijen, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Numerous problems including BSOD at startup and freezes

Hi forum,

Two dump files located here and here

This has been an ongoing issue for months, and I cannot find out its cause. It has been happening ever since I upgraded the components below:

• Intel Core i5-7600
    • Asus Prime B250-Plus Motherboard
    • Seagate Barracuda, 2TB HDD
    • 2x Crucial CT2K4G4DFS824A 4GB DDR4 RAM

My first thread was on Tom's Hardware forum when my PC started to show me a BSOD at startup.

As MemTest did not show any RAM errors, I made another thread which seems to have disappeared ever since. A kind member helped me out and was under the impression an unknown driver was causing errors.

It isn't just the BSOD at startup what's wrong with my PC now, so here is a list:

• BSOD at startup, sometimes 2-3 before a correct boot
    • Unable to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (minor issue, but I think linked to the bigger picture)
    • Random freezing:
      • Does not seem to have a cause
      • Seems to last less long (10 mins) on (visually?) less intensive programs, such as a browser or a small game
      • Sound keeps running (YouTube video plays all the way through, though screen is frozen, game audio is stuck in a ~10 second loop)
      • I wait it out now, when the PC unfreezes usually all applications are suddenly closed
      • When going through the BIOS it froze as well
      • A restart helps momentarily but the PC will freeze again. Waiting out the freeze will usually not cause another freeze
    • Steam suddenly thought two games were no longer installed, but when I tried to reinstall it found all game files
    • Windows is now unable to install an update (error code 0x80073712). It says some files needed by Windows Update are damaged or missing
    • Unable to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 ("There was a problem resetting your PC: no changes were made")
    • PC games have become hard to play recently because of short freezes of <0.5 seconds (sometimes longer). These are more likely to happen when shots/explosions happen, or when my character spawns.
    • I have tried to fix the BOSD by reinstalling my PC twice. Note that with these reinstalls my HDD was untouched (C: is on my SSD)

I have started this thread on Tom's Hardware forum, based off of that I have ordered a new PSU which I will be able to test tomorrow.

Cheers!

:)

TimVerheijen, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 19, 2019
  3. NetSurfer Win User
    BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Numerous problems including BSOD at startup and freezes

Nvlddmkm.sys BSOD on startup?

The problem is the laptop (specs in signature) not rig in system specs.

Sometimes when I switch it on, Vista loads normally.
    Other times, just after the horizontal 'loading' bars and before the Vista orb appears, I get a BSOD of Nvlddmkm.sys or Nvlddmkm.dll then the laptop reboots, BSOD's, reboots... it can happen like 5 times!

I've been googling all morning but apparently there's no solution to this?

It does the BSOD only during startup. Once Vista loads, it never BSODs not even during a game.

Black Panther, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Numerous problems including BSOD at startup and freezes

1. Numerous problems including BSOD at startup and freezes - Similar Threads - Numerous problems including

2. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode: As said pc freezes up about 3/4 minutes into a login session, temps according to icue are all fine, no updates installed recently and no logs in event viewer, got new ssd coming tommorow and will attempt to install windows but it's just strange...
  3. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode: As said pc freezes up about 3/4 minutes into a login session, temps according to icue are all fine, no updates installed recently and no logs in event viewer, got new ssd coming tommorow and will attempt to install windows but it's just strange...
  4. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Numerous BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numerous BSODs: I've been getting numerous BSODs Ranging from Kernel_Security_Check_Failure, Bad_System_Config_Info, KMode, etc. and sometimes showing an error code that is 0xc0000001, 0xc000021a telling me I'm missing some system files Winlogon.exe, etc. It only happened recently these...
  6. Numerous BSODs

Numerous BSODs: I've been getting numerous BSODs Ranging from Kernel_Security_Check_Failure and Bad_System_Config_Info and sometimes showing an error code that is 0xc0000001, 0xc000021a telling me I'm missing some system files Winlogon.exe, etc. It only happened recently these last two...
  7. Numerous problems including BSOD at startup and freezes

Numerous problems including BSOD at startup and freezes: Hi forum, This has been an ongoing issue for months, and I cannot find out its cause. It has been happening ever since I upgraded the components below: Intel Core i5-7600 Asus Prime B250-Plus Motherboard Seagate Barracuda, 2TB HDD 2x Crucial CT2K4G4DFS824A 4GB DDR4 RAM My...
  8. Numerous problems

Numerous problems: did an update and when i woke up in the morning the computer was on the BSOD saying cant fix the issue. i have 2 issues the dang srt log, which i have seen numerous post about, and i also have ntoskrnl.exe issue. I cant figure out how to fix this. I have formatted and...
  9. New machine - Numerous Freezes & 1 BSOD

New machine - Numerous Freezes & 1 BSOD: Hi All, I have just built a new machine with the following specs: i7 5930k cooled by a corsair h105 Asus X99 Deluxe/u3.1 32gb of kingston HyperX 2666 ddr4 2x Gigabyte GTX Titan X Xtreme samsung 850 pro 1tb corsair ax1500i I am having issues with freezing and so...
  10. Numerous BSOD's

Numerous BSOD's: PC Specs: i5 - 6500 2x8 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 2133MHz (disabled XMP just in case -usually runs at 3200MHz) Windows 10 64-bit NOTE: This build be fresh, I installed most of my device drivers within the first few days of use So after tolerating a bunch of...