Windows 10: Numlock causes some Accessibility setting to turn on

Discus and support Numlock causes some Accessibility setting to turn on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I turn on numlock on my laptop (not something I do often I usually hit it by accident) my computer locks and then opens a bunch of windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/R4IG3, May 31, 2020.

1. /u/R4IG3 Win User

Numlock causes some Accessibility setting to turn on

Whenever I turn on numlock on my laptop (not something I do often I usually hit it by accident) my computer locks and then opens a bunch of windows help tabs on edge. Then whenever I try to type it seems like the windows key is being held down. So H turns on voice to text and R opens the run menu. Does anyone know what’s going on?

submitted by /u/R4IG3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/R4IG3, May 31, 2020

2. Windows10 - numlock not on at startup

Hi guys,

Trick was not really helpful.

After a logon, the NumLock key is now effectively on, but I need this before the logon.

My logon password has digits, and I would need the Numlock key to be «ON» at the logon process.

Is there another way to solve that ??

Thanks for your help.

Robert

RobertHenault, May 31, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Num lock key turns off

Hi Susan,

The status of the Numlock key is the same as it was in when you shut down your computer properly. If it was on when you shut it down it will be on when you again turn the computer on. In the meantime, let's check out if the mouse keys are turned off and see
    if this address the problem. Follow the steps below:

• Click the Start key, select Settings.
    • Click Ease of Access, then Mouse.
    • Toggle Off Mouse keys.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps that was provided by
    Kiran Kishore on August 19, 2015 in this
    thread
    to enable Numlock in startup.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 31, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 keeps turning Numlock off *Mid-Session*

Hello,

If the NumLock key is turning on automatically, there might be corrupt registries within the system, or that software conflicts are occurring inside the system. For us to isolate the issue about the
    NumLock turning on automatically, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur recently? If yes, what changes were made before it occurred?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Aside from modifying the registry, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, May 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Numlock causes some Accessibility setting to turn on - Similar Threads - Numlock causes Accessibility

2. Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?: When we were on Windows XP, I don't recall having to make any changes to get numlock on. Once you turned it on, it stayed on. Even through a reboot or a shutdown. I don't recall if I had to make any changes to get it to stay on in Windows 7. We never used Vista and we skipped...
  3. Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?: When we were on Windows XP, I don't recall having to make any changes to get numlock on. Once you turned it on, it stayed on. Even through a reboot or a shutdown. I don't recall if I had to make any changes to get it to stay on in Windows 7. We never used Vista and we skipped...
  4. how do i turn numlock off

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i turn numlock off: ive pressed fn+12 but its not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-numlock-off/2a26c8e7-d78c-4be3-9bad-6c70ca59a47b
  5. Turn on Numlock from terminal.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn on Numlock from terminal.: I have a numpad layer on my keyboard but no numlock key. How can I turn on numlock? Literally the only topic I can find is setting the InitialKeyboardIndicators key to 2 to 'Turn on NUMLOCK at startup.' I don't even have that InitialKeyboardIndicators key. I just want to...
  6. Set NumLock ON permanently?

Set NumLock ON permanently?: Platform: Lenovo IdeaPad 110-15ACL Is there a way to set NumLock so that it's permantly ON? That is, it cannot be turned off easily? submitted by /u/tway15q1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fb4njr/set_numlock_on_permanently/
  7. How to set NumLock to be on permanently or be harder to turn off?

How to set NumLock to be on permanently or be harder to turn off?: I'm well aware of methods to set NumLock to be on at startup, but what I want it for it to remain on, even if I hit it. So I want to either disable it, or remap it to another function. (A second Backspace would be helpful, but not needed.) Ideally, I'd like to be able to...
  8. numlock causing problem type a number

in Windows 10 Customization
    numlock causing problem type a number: help, on numlockkey is on but won't type correct numbers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numlock-causing-problem-type-a-number/b97d3f27-20c5-4401-ae76-c5055ba694b9
  9. Numlock retains settings on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Numlock retains settings on restart: Hi, I tried searching and didn't find anything about this, but it's highly likely that this has already been brought up. What gives with the numlock setting resetting every time you restart with Win10? This never occurred with any other version of Windows (at least not to my...
  10. setting NumLock ON at startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    setting NumLock ON at startup in Windows 10: This is a follow-up. I found the post which shows how to put an entry in the registry to turn on NumLock at startup on my new Windows 10 laptop, as for some reason, after the last downloaded update, it didn't work when trying to enter my PIN. I followed instructions for...