Windows 10: numlock causing problem type a number

Discus and support numlock causing problem type a number in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; help, on numlockkey is on but won't type correct numbers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Deborah A.Buchholz, Oct 24, 2018.

1. numlock causing problem type a number

help, on numlockkey is on but won't type correct numbers.

:)

Deborah A.Buchholz, Oct 24, 2018
  2. Darshan J Win User

When numlock is on, my desktop keyboard types numbers instead of letters

Hello Vicky,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    This issue might occur if function key in the keyboard is enabled. So as an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the function key in the key board and make sure that it is not enabled.

If the issue still persists you can run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Suggest you to follow the steps below and run the
    Hardware and Device
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next" button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Oct 24, 2018
  3. VickyRS Win User
    When numlock is on, my desktop keyboard types numbers instead of letters

Thanks for your reply, Darshan.

As I stated in my question, this is a desktop computer, not a laptop, and my keyboard has a separate numeric and letter pad. It is this keyboard: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71KimarLKpL._SL1449_.jpg

As said, if I disable numlock, the letters will type letters, but I want them to type letters all the time, and have only the number pad change based on numlock. I want it to work like normal desktop keyboards, which is how my keyboard was working up until
    the Windows 10 upgrade.

Can you please advise on how to switch this?

Thanks!

VickyRS, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Jackman33 Win User

numlock causing problem type a number

Keyboard NUMLOCK

Just reloaded Windows 10 and I can't keep the NUMLOCK on. I have tried many suggestions. I have looked at the registry and it shows on and the bio shows it is on. Any suggestions?

Jackman33, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

numlock causing problem type a number

1. numlock causing problem type a number - Similar Threads - numlock causing problem

2. numlock numbers and key and "c" key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    numlock numbers and key and "c" key not working: at first the "c" key does not work then it intermittently works where if you press shift+ c it produces a capital letter c or when you press any other letter with c it will work.now it does not work completely and numbers on numeric key does not worki typed all the c on this...
  3. numlock numbers and key and "c" key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    numlock numbers and key and "c" key not working: at first the "c" key does not work then it intermittently works where if you press shift+ c it produces a capital letter c or when you press any other letter with c it will work.now it does not work completely and numbers on numeric key does not worki typed all the c on this...
  4. numlock numbers and key and "c" key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wanting to change the number to be locked by numlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wanting to change the number to be locked by numlock: I have an issue with my computer's keyboard. When I try to play a game, which would make my computer almost overheat, my number 6 on the keypad will keep spamming when I turn on numlock and when I turn numlock off, it would spam the arrow key. I tried to use regedit but did...
  6. Wanting to change the number to be locked by numlock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wanting to change the number to be locked by numlock: I have an issue with my computer's keyboard. When I try to play a game, which would make my computer almost overheat, my number 6 on the keypad will keep spamming when I turn on numlock and when I turn numlock off, it would spam the arrow key. I tried to use regedit but did...
  7. Numlock causes some Accessibility setting to turn on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numlock causes some Accessibility setting to turn on: Whenever I turn on numlock on my laptop (not something I do often I usually hit it by accident) my computer locks and then opens a bunch of windows help tabs on edge. Then whenever I try to type it seems like the windows key is being held down. So H turns on voice to text and...
  8. Numbers still work with NumLock off but the decimal doesnt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Numbers still work with NumLock off but the decimal doesnt: We have a new Logitech wireless mouse & keyboards and when NumLock is off, the numbers still work but the decimal doesnt. This is causing real issues in the Rev Cycle dept. I need the numbers to NOT work when NumLock is off OR I need to set up NumLock to be ON permanently....
  9. NUMLOCK Problem..

in Windows 10 Customization
    NUMLOCK Problem..: YIL 2020 ben hala aynı sorunu yaşayan danışanımın her gün bana ettiği küfür ile yaşırorum. Hala XP kullanıyorum ve çok da mennunum.. danışanım ya hocam bizde win10 a geçelim office 2020 kullanalım dedi --Ben tavsiye etmem ama olur dedim.. paraları ödedik işlem tamam kurulum...
  10. Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Usually, numbers keys are present on two spots on a keyboard. One is at the number pad and the other of above the letters. You might face an issue where your laptop keyboard won’t type numbers. This could be with [...] This post Keyboard wont type numbers OR...