Windows 10: NumLock - How do you just keep it "on" all the time?

Discus and support NumLock - How do you just keep it "on" all the time? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A couple of things I've tried: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Provides a visual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mb1280, Sep 30, 2019.

1. mb1280 Win User

NumLock - How do you just keep it "on" all the time?

A couple of things I've tried:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Provides a visual

TrayStatus . . . https://www.traystatus.com/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hear a tone when you press CAPS LOCK, NUM LOCK, or SCROLL LOCK

Control Panel / Ease of Access Center / Make the keyboard easier to use / [check] Turn on Toggle keys

Sometimes, a program will quietly toggle it off, though - like Excel

I've looked at reviews for some of these programs that are supposed to keep NumLock on all the time, but it looks like they fail sometimes.

Maybe just "indicating" a state change is easier, for some reason. Is there a program that gives you a tone for that?

:)

mb1280, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Jackman33 Win User

Keyboard NUMLOCK

Just reloaded Windows 10 and I can't keep the NUMLOCK on. I have tried many suggestions. I have looked at the registry and it shows on and the bio shows it is on. Any suggestions?

Jackman33, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Windows10 - numlock not on at startup

Hi guys,

Trick was not really helpful.

After a logon, the NumLock key is now effectively on, but I need this before the logon.

My logon password has digits, and I would need the Numlock key to be «ON» at the logon process.

Is there another way to solve that ??

Thanks for your help.

Robert

RobertHenault, Sep 30, 2019
  4. mb1280 Win User

mb1280, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. NumLock - How do you just keep it "on" all the time? - Similar Threads - NumLock keep

2. My volume lowers when I press space, and increases when I press numlock.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My volume lowers when I press space, and increases when I press numlock.: pleas help,I got a new keyboard today, my volume will lower when I press space, and increase when I press numlock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-volume-lowers-when-i-press-space-and-increases/662e7b47-e1e1-4fd4-93a3-af23ba1b7bb3
  3. My volume lowers when I press space, and increases when I press numlock.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My volume lowers when I press space, and increases when I press numlock.: pleas help,I got a new keyboard today, my volume will lower when I press space, and increase when I press numlock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-volume-lowers-when-i-press-space-and-increases/662e7b47-e1e1-4fd4-93a3-af23ba1b7bb3
  4. Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?: When we were on Windows XP, I don't recall having to make any changes to get numlock on. Once you turned it on, it stayed on. Even through a reboot or a shutdown. I don't recall if I had to make any changes to get it to stay on in Windows 7. We never used Vista and we skipped...
  5. Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?

Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?: When we were on Windows XP, I don't recall having to make any changes to get numlock on. Once you turned it on, it stayed on. Even through a reboot or a shutdown. I don't recall if I had to make any changes to get it to stay on in Windows 7. We never used Vista and we skipped...
  6. Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn off the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So the...
  7. Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo

Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn off the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So the...
  8. NumLock/Caps etc. keep getting reset to off state after restart/turn off. How can i fix this ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NumLock/Caps etc. keep getting reset to off state after restart/turn off. How can i fix this ?: Also to mention I don't want to set the option so its always on in the Registry or always off. I want my PC to remember the state of the lock keys. So lets say if i have it on and restart i want it to stay on. If i have it off it should be off on the next restart. Thank you...
  9. keep numlock on at all times - windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    keep numlock on at all times - windows 10: How can we make sure the numlock is always, and I mean ALWAYS, on? I don't even know why there is a num lock key on modern keyboards that have distinct numeric keypads and separate navigation keys. Nevertheless, we deal with it. I have used the registry entries to remove the...
  10. How do I keep the numlock key on when the computer boots?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I keep the numlock key on when the computer boots?: I have a Toshiba satellite, and I would like the numlock key to stay on during startup so I can enter my pin faster. I've tried looking in the Setup Utility that you can access through Settings>Update and Security>Recover>Advanced Startup>Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>UEFI...