Windows 10: NumLock - How do you just keep it "on" all the time?

Discus and support NumLock - How do you just keep it "on" all the time? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A couple of things I've tried: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Provides a visual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mb1280, Sep 30, 2019.

1. mb1280 Win User

NumLock - How do you just keep it "on" all the time?

A couple of things I've tried:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Provides a visual

TrayStatus . . . https://www.traystatus.com/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hear a tone when you press CAPS LOCK, NUM LOCK, or SCROLL LOCK

Control Panel / Ease of Access Center / Make the keyboard easier to use / [check] Turn on Toggle keys

Sometimes, a program will quietly toggle it off, though - like Excel

I've looked at reviews for some of these programs that are supposed to keep NumLock on all the time, but it looks like they fail sometimes.

Maybe just "indicating" a state change is easier, for some reason. Is there a program that gives you a tone for that?

:)

mb1280, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Jackman33 Win User

Keyboard NUMLOCK

Just reloaded Windows 10 and I can't keep the NUMLOCK on. I have tried many suggestions. I have looked at the registry and it shows on and the bio shows it is on. Any suggestions?

Jackman33, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Windows10 - numlock not on at startup

Hi guys,

Trick was not really helpful.

After a logon, the NumLock key is now effectively on, but I need this before the logon.

My logon password has digits, and I would need the Numlock key to be «ON» at the logon process.

Is there another way to solve that ??

Thanks for your help.

Robert

RobertHenault, Sep 30, 2019
  4. mb1280 Win User

mb1280, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. NumLock - How do you just keep it "on" all the time? - Similar Threads - NumLock keep

2. Arrow keys selecting text even if NumLock is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys selecting text even if NumLock is disabled: Working in Visual Studio and when I use arrows, it keeps highlighting text, which is frustrating. I need arrows to move through my code, can't use cursor all the time. Any solutions?...
  3. Numlock goes off randomly when working in Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numlock goes off randomly when working in Excel: Numlock goes off randomly when working in Excel, I have to manually re-enable it everytime it goes off. It happens 2-3 times a day. I tried to modify the registry HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard and to change the value of InitialKeyboardIndicators to 2. I also...
  4. I need to PERMNENTLY turn my numlock ON and my capslock OFF. Help?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to PERMNENTLY turn my numlock ON and my capslock OFF. Help?: Hi! I have seen variations of these questions online but not an answer. I want to turn numlock PERMANENTLY on. not on at startup not toggle with shift ON. Permanently. No matter if I hit it or not. I need the reverse for capslock. Help? I'm on a Win 10 laptop...
  5. How to Tell if NumLock/CapsLock is ON/OFF if PC has no Indicator Light

How to Tell if NumLock/CapsLock is ON/OFF if PC has no Indicator Light: After a lot of searches, it's apparent that many manufacturers have taken away the indicator light for CapsLock/NumLock. How lovely. Today, I found a free third-party tool that works great. TrayStatus will put the little display icons back on the screen for you. Yes, I...
  6. NumLock on Signin

NumLock on Signin: How do you make it so that NumLock is always on at Signin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numlock-on-signin/a0729f4d-65a8-4dcf-9886-3b742b3177ef
  7. numlock icon

numlock icon: why does the numlock icon not show up when I turn on numlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numlock-icon/09828917-296e-4a62-ab7d-0905914e0d22
  8. How can I discover what is turning initial NumLock back ON in registry?

How can I discover what is turning initial NumLock back ON in registry?: I want NumLock OFF. When I do this: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard] "InitialKeyboardIndicators"="0" [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2521100928-1257388768-1882217752-1001\Control Panel\Keyboard] "InitialKeyboardIndicators"="0" the...
  9. keep numlock on at all times - windows 10

keep numlock on at all times - windows 10: How can we make sure the numlock is always, and I mean ALWAYS, on? I don't even know why there is a num lock key on modern keyboards that have distinct numeric keypads and separate navigation keys. Nevertheless, we deal with it. I have used the registry entries to remove the...
  10. How do I keep the numlock key on when the computer boots?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I keep the numlock key on when the computer boots?: I have a Toshiba satellite, and I would like the numlock key to stay on during startup so I can enter my pin faster. I've tried looking in the Setup Utility that you can access through Settings>Update and Security>Recover>Advanced Startup>Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>UEFI...