Windows 10: Numlock on login

Discus and support Numlock on login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Several of our work computers have the same issue of having the numlock off at the login screen when booting or restarting. All computers have BIOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fenrir0wulf, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Numlock on login

Several of our work computers have the same issue of having the numlock off at the login screen when booting or restarting. All computers have BIOS numlock enabled. So when the computer starts or restarts, the numlock is on, but just doesn't remain. I've also disabled hibernate on all of them.

This issue is present regardless of the Windows version, which is either 1903 or 1909, and the few who have been updated to 2004. Noticeably, the issue seems to be much more prominent on computers with fresh installs since 1903, whereas those that had earlier 1809 and before who have since been updated just don't have this problem nearly as much (maybe a couple of them do). All are Windows pro (I think 1 is on Pro Workstation).

All Windows Hello functions are disabled domain wide by GPO.

Now I've searched a bit and saw that there may be something to do with the regedit but considering that I would have to manually go on every single one as admin, it's just kind of impractical. I need a solution that would preferably work as a non-admin user.

Any ideas?

:)

fenrir0wulf, Jul 9, 2020

2. Numlock on at startup

Ditto for me on Win 10 Pro.

I edited the registry to the suggested values to no effect.

Then tried the trick of shutting down at the login screen after manually turning on the Numlock.

Remarkably, this actually worked, but only for the next startup.

On subsequent starups the Numlock was off.

Tom123_834, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Jackman33 Win User
    Keyboard NUMLOCK

Just reloaded Windows 10 and I can't keep the NUMLOCK on. I have tried many suggestions. I have looked at the registry and it shows on and the bio shows it is on. Any suggestions?

Jackman33, Jul 9, 2020
  4. gevorg Win User

Numlock on login

How to have numlock enabled on login screen without disabling fast startup?

Problem

I can't get numlock enabled by default on login screen of my Windows 10 machine. I read many articles/questions with solutions like these:

And after trying them all, the only working option was disabling Fast Startup from Control Panel.

However as name suggests it is good option and I don't want to have slow startup, just because numlock will be enabled.

Notice

As I already wrote, all solutions with changing registry key InitialKeyboardIndicators to 2 or to 2147483650 or to 80000002 failed to work.

Also I did it for all possible folders in HKEY_USERS folder, not just for HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT

Question

I am wondering if there are any other options to enable numlock by default on login screen as it is bit annoying?

gevorg, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Numlock on login

1. Numlock on login - Similar Threads - Numlock login

2. My volume lowers when I press space, and increases when I press numlock.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My volume lowers when I press space, and increases when I press numlock.: pleas help,I got a new keyboard today, my volume will lower when I press space, and increase when I press numlock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-volume-lowers-when-i-press-space-and-increases/662e7b47-e1e1-4fd4-93a3-af23ba1b7bb3
  3. My volume lowers when I press space, and increases when I press numlock.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My volume lowers when I press space, and increases when I press numlock.: pleas help,I got a new keyboard today, my volume will lower when I press space, and increase when I press numlock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-volume-lowers-when-i-press-space-and-increases/662e7b47-e1e1-4fd4-93a3-af23ba1b7bb3
  4. Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?: When we were on Windows XP, I don't recall having to make any changes to get numlock on. Once you turned it on, it stayed on. Even through a reboot or a shutdown. I don't recall if I had to make any changes to get it to stay on in Windows 7. We never used Vista and we skipped...
  5. Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?

Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?: When we were on Windows XP, I don't recall having to make any changes to get numlock on. Once you turned it on, it stayed on. Even through a reboot or a shutdown. I don't recall if I had to make any changes to get it to stay on in Windows 7. We never used Vista and we skipped...
  6. Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn off the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So the...
  7. Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo

Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn off the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So the...
  8. Keyboard not working for login & not NUMLOCK

Keyboard not working for login & not NUMLOCK: My sons laptop running Windows 10 does not allow the use of letters when typing in login pin, just numbers and enter key. It will ask to use the A1B2C3 phrase and the keyboard works fine then but when he goes to use his own pin/password neither the laptop keyboard or a...
  9. Keyboard not working for login & not NUMLOCK

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard not working for login & not NUMLOCK: My sons laptop running Windows 10 does not allow the use of letters when typing in login pin, just numbers and enter key. It will ask to use the A1B2C3 phrase and the keyboard works fine then but when he goes to use his own pin/password neither the laptop keyboard or a...
  10. Keyboard not working for login & not NUMLOCK

in Windows 10 Gaming