Windows 10: Numpad inserting extra numbers after March 11/12 Windows update.

Discus and support Numpad inserting extra numbers after March 11/12 Windows update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Razer Cynosa Chroma keyboard, and when attempting to type a 1 or 8 on the numpad, it types '18' or very rarely '81' instead. I've already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FortySeven1, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Numpad inserting extra numbers after March 11/12 Windows update.

I have a Razer Cynosa Chroma keyboard, and when attempting to type a 1 or 8 on the numpad, it types '18' or very rarely '81' instead. I've already tried reinstalling drivers, changing the usb port, checking for macros enabled, turning on and off numlock, basically everything I can think of. This problem started when my computer updated recently, and has only stopped once yesterday, and I was unable to replicate the results.

:)

FortySeven1, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Kieren Win User
    Kieren, Mar 14, 2020
  3. windows 10 updates-March 2018

I have March updates that will not install. The automatic updates for 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64 based system (March KB4088776) were activated and downloaded to my computer, but they will not install on shutdown/restart.
    When I check for updates, it shows that the updates are downloaded, but when I click to uninstall, there is not a date for installation. I have researched the Windows suggestions for this problem. They tell me to remove the January 2018 updates (January
    KB4056892) and then reinstall the March update. When I attempted to uninstall the January update, I could see the update listed in the check for downloads screen, but when I click uninstall, the January update has a different reference number. Please advise.
    I have talked to my technology department and they can't determine next steps either. VERY FRUSTRATING. I need my computer for work.

JennyWilliams_642, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Numpad inserting extra numbers after March 11/12 Windows update.

set numpad to show numbers when turned off.

hello,

I have an hp elitebook 745 without numpad on the far right (Windows 10).

Each time i want to use the numbers from the numpad to input french accents, I have to do the following:

• fn + numlk (to enable the numbers)
    • then press fn + alt + accent combination code.
    • then to continue with the alphabets, i have to turn off the numpad again by fn + numlk
    This is a long annoying procedure since it have to be turned on and off each time for accents etc.

When i press the fn + the numeric keys when the numlk is off, i get the directional buttons which are of no use.

Is the a way to changes those two modes so the when i press fn + numeric keys when the numlk is off, i get the numbers instead of the directional buttons?

Example with the "U" key.

What it is now:

• U (when numlk is off) = alphabet U
    • fn + U (when numllk is off) = left directional button
    • fn + U (when numlk is on) = letter 4
    What i'm looking for:

• U (when numlk is off) = alphabet U
    • fn + U (when numllk is off) = letter 4
    • fn + U (when numlk is on) = left directional button

Thank you in advance for your help. This is an handicap for my work and your help would be really appreciated.

The solution of having an external usb numpad
    is not an option, since very often i have to move with the laptop around and having additional devices is not practical.

khembeegoo, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Numpad inserting extra numbers after March 11/12 Windows update.

1. Numpad inserting extra numbers after March 11/12 Windows update. - Similar Threads - Numpad inserting extra

2. numpad typing an extra digit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    numpad typing an extra digit.: okay so i spilled water on my keyboard, this has happend before now instead of turning off my computer before wiping down the keys i frantically dried the keyboard and put it upside down now for some reason my numpad when i type 0 or 3 it types 30 and i looked everywhere...
  3. numpad typing an extra digit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    numpad typing an extra digit.: okay so i spilled water on my keyboard, this has happend before now instead of turning off my computer before wiping down the keys i frantically dried the keyboard and put it upside down now for some reason my numpad when i type 0 or 3 it types 30 and i looked everywhere...
  4. numpad typing an extra digit.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Numpad numbers won't type

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numpad numbers won't type: Some keys on my numpad won't type. Even without caps lock on. Keys include 8, 2, star, and period. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numpad-numbers-wont-type/33a2ce04-991b-4d17-b9ba-9d9e9941dd19
  6. Extra character now inserted after KB500802

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extra character now inserted after KB500802: After the upgrade KB500802 every time I enter data into a field, an excel cell or a browser search a "-" gets inserted as the first character. It's driving me nuts - any ideas?...
  7. After March 11 and 12 Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After March 11 and 12 Windows 10 Updates: After the latest update my computer is no longer responding consistently from mouse and keyboard inputs. Various apps are not responding to the first mouse click, I have to click things more than once to get a response to the mouse action. Internet windows just completely...
  8. I have a problem after Windows update on 12 March 2020

I have a problem after Windows update on 12 March 2020: After the update I start my laptop normally and Windows tell me about new features like connect with mobile phone, then I accept it and my laptop accidently shut down so I start my laptop again and I found this message. "An operating system wasn't found"...
  9. BSOD after March 12 Windows 10 update

BSOD after March 12 Windows 10 update: I ran into the new and improved BSOD for Windows 10 for the very first time immediately after March 12, 2019 Win 10 update auto installed and I restarted my PC. Primarily getting two error codes; - 0xc000021a which seems to be consistent with a failed/bad update or...
  10. New Office March update version 16.23.19030902 for Mac - March 12

in Windows 10 News
    New Office March update version 16.23.19030902 for Mac - March 12: On March 12, 2019, we released the March feature update for Office for Mac. Release details Here's everything you need to know about this feature update. Released: March 12, 2019 Version: 16.23 (19030902) Platform: Mac Description: March feature update Features: What's...