Windows 10: Numpad not working at all after Windows update

Discus and support Numpad not working at all after Windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear all, after updating windows to latest version 1909, the numpad stop working totally. i have lenovo t470p thinkpad. i have tested the usb keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sebastien Ferando, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Numpad not working at all after Windows update

Dear all,
    after updating windows to latest version 1909, the numpad stop working totally.
    i have lenovo t470p thinkpad.
    i have tested the usb keyboard on another pc and it is working fine.
    also, i tried the bios diagnosis and the numpad is working on the bios.
    however, on windows (even in safe mode) i was not able to get it working.
    tried few registry changes without any luck.
    any help is appreciated.

:)

Sebastien Ferando, Dec 17, 2019

2. Since update numpad doesn't work properly anymore

Good evening,

On a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop, since a Windows10 update two days ago (version 1511, OS 10586.104), my numpad has gone nuts.

For example :

• key 2 writes 72, locks caps and opens a Bing search for "help with windows 10"
    • key 3 writes *3wc
    • key / writes /4 and triggers a menu for alternative screens
    • etc...
    Here is what I already attempted :

• uninstall and reinstall keyboard
    • add an alternative language keyboard
    • check "ease of access" options
    • try the numpad in the BIOS : it works fine
    • try the numpad in safe mode, now read this : it worked fine ! I restarted in normal mode and the keyboard worked fine also for a minute or so. Then it went crazy again. Now it doesn't work in safe mode anymore.
    Any suggestion welcome,

Thank you for your help

Lambda_993, Dec 17, 2019
  3. marcwilson, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Numpad not working at all after Windows update

NUMPAD not working...!

My NUMPAD works on Lock Screen but after unlock, It suddenly stops working. It's happening after Windows 10 update. All Drivers are updated to latest but NUMPAD isn't working after unlocking my device. All settings are correct, even troubleshooting can't
    capture what the trouble is. PLEASE Help...!!

HarshMehta813, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Numpad not working at all after Windows update

1. Numpad not working at all after Windows update - Similar Threads - Numpad working update

2. After updating to windows 11 all not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating to windows 11 all not work: Hello allafter upgrade to windows 11 nothing work all stuck. camera Settings photos viewer Task manger The fast one goes slow on windows 11 sometimes i need to wait for 5min to open it hhhhh i never see like this in any old windows finally i see something different to know...
  3. After updating to windows 11 all not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After updating to windows 11 all not work: Hello allafter upgrade to windows 11 nothing work all stuck. camera Settings photos viewer Task manger The fast one goes slow on windows 11 sometimes i need to wait for 5min to open it hhhhh i never see like this in any old windows finally i see something different to know...
  4. Shift key all of a sudden started changing how the numpad works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key all of a sudden started changing how the numpad works: So I sometimes use a cheat program in games I play just for fun and like to cut out dumb amounts of farming in most games and usually a lot of the cheats are set up already to use Shift + NumPad 1, 2, 3, etc. and it always worked fine I think I have been using it for over a...
  5. Shift key all of a sudden started changing how the numpad works

Shift key all of a sudden started changing how the numpad works: So I sometimes use a cheat program in games I play just for fun and like to cut out dumb amounts of farming in most games and usually a lot of the cheats are set up already to use Shift + NumPad 1, 2, 3, etc. and it always worked fine I think I have been using it for over a...
  6. Numpad #2 key not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numpad #2 key not working: Ok so there's probably a million and one reasons as to why my numpad number 2 key does not work, lemme rephrase, the key actually works because I input a 4 digit pin when I sign in BUT it does NOT work while I'm just idly browsing. Its so weird. It also works as a arrow down...
  7. One of the numpad keys not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One of the numpad keys not working.: Just today as I was using My laptop, the Num- key stopped working. The issue is not in the hardware as I tried several different keyboards including the on-screen keyboard none of which worked....
  8. Numpad lock getting disabled all the time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numpad lock getting disabled all the time: I am so pissed and annoyed with the behavior of my HP notebook. This model doesn't have an LED to indicate if the Numpad is activated or not. It's extremely frustrating how often it's getting disabled at start-up, it's hell. I know there is a setting in the BIOS, it's set...
  9. 4 Numpad Key is Repeating After April Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    4 Numpad Key is Repeating After April Update: I recently updated to the 1803 April update on my Alienware 17 R4. I'm having a problem where (only when windows explorer is being controlled aka when it's not hidden) the 4/left key on my numberpad is repeating itself. It doesn't repeat itself on browsers, only on windows...
  10. Anyone got NumPad working in Windows 10?

Anyone got NumPad working in Windows 10?: I downloaded NumPad from SourceForge, doesn't seem to *do* anything. Anybody had any success running this and having a visible pad? 87201