Windows 10: NVDA Accessiblity Screen Reader

Discus and support NVDA Accessiblity Screen Reader in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed this tool today. I am wondering if anyone here has skills for running it. It has many features specific to those with vision impairments... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Mar 28, 2019.

1. NVDA Accessiblity Screen Reader

I installed this tool today.

I am wondering if anyone here has skills for running it.

It has many features specific to those with vision impairments that I would like to explore

But the documentation is very complex.

It seemed like some of the commands did not work, but I may not have fully graped them?

Wondered if there was some conflicts with W10?

I could not get past having it reading one line then stopping a the end of each. Maybe that is the way it is supposed to work?

I would have thought you could load it up with a file and it would read from top to bottom without stopping. I did not see any way to do that.

The only help forum seen to be through CNET. I once established a CNET account and almost immediately was swamped with spam. So I do not want to go there.

Thanks for any thought or guidance.

:)

mikeincousa, Mar 28, 2019

2. NVDA Screen Reader with Windows 10

My NVDA Screen reader doesn't work in Kindle or Adobe with Windows 10 pro or home. I am a preview user so I have early access to the pro and home versions. On Windows 7 and 8.1, I opened my kindle accessibility reader, launched NVDA and pressed

CTRL + R to read the page. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10 pro and home? Or is there a better way to use the screen reader in the kindle app? I do not want to use the narrator by itself because I don't need it to read everything on the screen
    - just the text I highlight or start the cursor from.

Dwana

DwanaWatley, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    NVDA Screen Reader with Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to incorrect settings. I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the NVDA screen reader and check if this issue persists.

Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Mar 28, 2019
  4. NVDA Accessiblity Screen Reader

NVDA Screen Reader with Windows 10

I un-installed, rebooted then re-installed NVDA. I keep getting a notification that says "This app might not work correctly" when I log on.

DwanaWatley, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

NVDA Accessiblity Screen Reader

1. NVDA Accessiblity Screen Reader - Similar Threads - NVDA Accessiblity Screen

2. accessing autoplay in Windows 10 with screen reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accessing autoplay in Windows 10 with screen reader: Hi all, I've never been able to access the autoplay options using a screen reader in Windows 10 because it's the only type of notification that does not appear in action center. How do I access these options when I insert a drive?...
  3. I cannot get NVDA to work in my headphones

I cannot get NVDA to work in my headphones: I can't get NVDA to access my headphones. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-nvda-to-work-in-my-headphones/02bbbb9c-d4ad-47bf-92b9-ec9b97d99eaa
  4. I cannot get NVDA to work in my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get NVDA to work in my headphones: I can't get NVDA to access my headphones. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-nvda-to-work-in-my-headphones/02bbbb9c-d4ad-47bf-92b9-ec9b97d99eaa
  5. Using a Screen Reader with Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a Screen Reader with Notepad: What are best practices for using a screen reader with Notepad? What settings should Notepad be set to for best screen reading results? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-a-screen-reader-with-notepad/0339d383-f71b-46c8-a031-9f401f515419
  6. Using a Screen Reader with Notepad

Using a Screen Reader with Notepad: What are best practices for using a screen reader with Notepad? What settings should Notepad be set to for best screen reading results? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-a-screen-reader-with-notepad/0339d383-f71b-46c8-a031-9f401f515419
  7. screen reader won't read needed information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen reader won't read needed information: Hi all, I'm helping a friend with a project that involves setting up three new computers, and we've run into two problems: 1. She needs the Amharic language pack installed, but when it's installed, it's not showing up under language settings. I asked about this in the...
  8. screen reader won't read needed information

screen reader won't read needed information: Hi all, I'm helping a friend with a project that involves setting up three new computers, and we've run into two problems: 1. She needs the Amharic language pack installed, but when it's installed, it's not showing up under language settings. I asked about this in the...
  9. NVDA Accessiblity Screen Reader

NVDA Accessiblity Screen Reader: I installed this tool today. I am wondering if anyone here has skills for running it. It has many features specific to those with vision impairments that I would like to explore But the documentation is very complex. It seemed like some of the commands did not work, but...
  10. Reader

Reader: Anyone who uses Reader There is an update in the Store Sorry but no version given This is a different one to Reader List App 53304