Windows 10: Nvdia GTX 950 driver kills windows 10.

Discus and support Nvdia GTX 950 driver kills windows 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a complete download and install of win 10 over win 7, EVGA Nvidia GTX 950 driver fails to install and everything is lost. I cannot get win 10 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NickVen, Apr 29, 2019.

1. NickVen Win User

Nvdia GTX 950 driver kills windows 10.

After a complete download and install of win 10 over win 7, EVGA Nvidia GTX 950 driver fails to install and everything is lost. I cannot get win 10 to restart. I restore win 7 and try new win 10 download, install. Then I try having windows 10 install driver from device manager, same thing. Everything is lost and I have to start over with new win 10 download and install. I've gone thru four complete cycles trying different installation possibilities but nothing has worked so far.

My system is EVGA Z 97 Classified motherboard, Intel i5 3.5 GHz, 16 GB Ram, EVGA GTX 950 video card and Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD.

I use this computer for photography only. No games, just Photoshop, Lightroom, Topaz studio, etc.

Any suggestions?

:)

NickVen, Apr 29, 2019
  2. beausee Win User

Windows 10 and GTX 980 problems

Hi,

Big Problem

Upgraded from GA-Z97X SOC to GA-Z97X Gaming G1 BK to enjoy more PCI lane with PLX chip.

It has been a nightmare.

Keep getting graphic card error with my 2 GTX 980 in SLI. Error 43, BSOD, ....

Tried everything. New NVDIA drivers, Older NVDIA drivers, DDU, even a clean install of Windows 10. Nothing works! Andeven after the clean install, machine is super unstable, its not usable because keeps freezing, crashing or going BSOD: always related to graphic cards

More info for you guys,

Followed the basic steps for clean install.

1-Installed on SSD array using usb windows 10 install

2-installed latest mobo drivers for windows 10 x64 (pulled from gigabyte website)

3-Installed latest drivers fron NVDIA web site

after that all its hell....

Tried to troubleshoot,

1- like mentionned above, change NVDIA drivers using DDU in safe mode: fails, (redid this with dofferent version of drivers with same results

2- Tried new clean install with disabling automatic driver update in windows prior to installing GTX 980 and using NVDIA drivers: same tesults. So retried step 2 with all version of NVDIA drivers: fails

Everything was fine before mobo upgrade.

Beside the new mobo, kept everythingelsethe same (same hardware see list at bottom of post). Same CPU, same Dual GTX 980, Same SSD, HD, ...

Only difference,my old rig was a Windows 10 upgrade. Initially was windows 7 that was upgraded through win upgrade abour a year ago.

Going insane with this. Please help!

GA-Z97x-Gaming G1 BK edition latest bios F8

2x EVGA GTX 980 Hydro Copper in SLI

LSI Megaraid 9280-16i4e with 8 Samsung Pro 850 1tb in Raid 0 (os drive)

4x 6Tb WD Drive set up as a Microsoft Storage Space for Backup

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 watt

beausee, Apr 29, 2019
  3. beausee Win User
    Clean install of Windows 10 and dual GTX 980 problem

Hi,

Big Problem

Upgraded from GA-Z97X SOC to GA-Z97X Gaming G1 BK to enjoy more PCI lane with PLX chip.

It has been a nightmare.

Keep getting graphic card error with my 2 GTX 980 in SLI. Error 43, BSOD, ....

Tried everything. New NVDIA drivers, Older NVDIA drivers, DDU, even a clean install of Windows 10. Nothing works! Andeven after the clean install, machine is super unstable, its not usable because keeps freezing, crashing or going
    BSOD: always related to graphic cards

More info for you guys,

Followed the basic steps for clean install.

1-Installed on SSD array using usb windows 10 install

2-installed latest mobo drivers for windows 10 x64 (pulled from gigabyte website)

3-Installed latest drivers fron NVDIA web site

after that all its hell....

Tried to troubleshoot,

1- like mentionned above, change NVDIA drivers using DDU in safe mode: fails, (redid this with dofferent version of drivers with same results

2- Tried new clean install with disabling automatic driver update in windows prior to installing GTX 980 and using NVDIA drivers: same tesults. So retried step 2 with all version of NVDIA drivers: fails

Everything was fine before mobo upgrade.

Beside the new mobo, kept everythingelsethe same (same hardware see list at bottom of post). Same CPU, same Dual GTX 980, Same SSD, HD, ...

Only difference,my old rig was a Windows 10 upgrade. Initially was windows 7 that was upgraded through win upgrade abour a year ago.

Going insane with this. Please help!

GA-Z97x-Gaming G1 BK edition latest bios F8

2x EVGA GTX 980 Hydro Copper in SLI

LSI Megaraid 9280-16i4e with 8 Samsung Pro 850 1tb in Raid 0 (os drive)

4x 6Tb WD Drive set up as a Microsoft Storage Space for Backup

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 watt

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

beausee, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Nvdia GTX 950 driver kills windows 10.

NVDIA 960M

Hi,

My computer suddenly crashed after a windows 10 update. No hardware isssues detected. I reinstalled windows 10 and everything worked fine until i got a pop up saying restart required toupdate NVDIA geforce gtx 960M. When i clicked restart for this option,
    the computed crashed again while booting. I repeated re-installing Windows 10 again and this time disabled NVDIA geforce gtx 960M before restarting. And nw it works fine. I dont use the laptop for gaming but is there any solution as to how I can enable it
    again without crashing the computer? I have a Dell i7559.

Thanks

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC**

PrasidhKumar, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Nvdia GTX 950 driver kills windows 10.

1. Nvdia GTX 950 driver kills windows 10. - Similar Threads - Nvdia GTX 950

2. NVDIA GEFORCE 730 graphic driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVDIA GEFORCE 730 graphic driver: NVDIA GEFORCE 730 graphic driver when i installed a graphic driver my pc suddenlyflickering and suddenlyshut downs and the driver is blocking and facing the bsod problems so please help me to fix it i tried many solutions but nothing fixed it i updated the driver i...
  3. Nvidia 6600 GTX drivers not compatible with Windows 10

Nvidia 6600 GTX drivers not compatible with Windows 10: Hello, I recently purchased an Nvidia 6600 GTX graphics card for my PC. I installed windows 10 build 1909 prior to having the card. From a hardware perspective, everything is properly installed seated properly, appropriate PCI cable, etc. Upon installing the drivers, I...
  4. Nvdia Driver deleted.

Nvdia Driver deleted.: i downloaded the latest microsoft update and it resulted in not detecting my graphics driver,it was using the intel driver. i accidentally deleted it after following stupid suggestions online,i have restarted the computer,reset the BIOS and even tryed to download drivers for...
  5. Graphics Driver Support GMA 950

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphics Driver Support GMA 950: Hello all, I am planning to install windows 10 on a PC which has the Intel Integrated GMA 950 Graphics Chipset. However, the drivers for this card are not available for Windows 10. Can I use the windows 7 driver which is latest till date? or should I go with the...
  6. Windows Lumia 950

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Lumia 950: I have a Microsoft Lumia 950 mobile which at the time of purchase were limited to only 200GB micro sd extra storage. I note that Sony mobiles can currently accept 400gb cards which are also micro sd. Does any one know if Microsoft are planning or have indeed realised an...
  7. NVDIA driver won't work

NVDIA driver won't work: Since I updated my Nvidia Geforce 930M, it doesn't work anymore. The NVIDIA Installer says " “NVIDIA Installer cannot continue. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.” + it doesn't appear in "Device Manager". Notebook Asus X556UR-XX478T Intel Core...
  8. GTX 950 Heats up to 99 degrees when gaming

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GTX 950 Heats up to 99 degrees when gaming: Hi I am new here, My Specs are : Windows 10 64bit Asus H170 Pro Gaming Motherbaord 16gb DD4 Kingston Hyperfury Ram 2666mhz Core i7 6700 3.4ghz - 4ghz Turbo Corsair RM850i Modular PSU 240Gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD Coolermaster Hyper 212X CPU Cooler Western Digital 1TB...
  9. Nvdia GTX 980 video very choppy

Nvdia GTX 980 video very choppy: Windows 10 installed a native driver for the Nvidia 980 card that I have. The display is choppy and every time you open a window it paints the screen very slowly. I attempted to install the latest version of Nvidia (Win 8.1) but got a Blue Screen during the installation with...
  10. GTX 760 Driver failure

GTX 760 Driver failure: Having issues with a 760 i've had a month now, all was fine and fully updated then in middle of a game of league of legends my pc shuts off and i find out that the 760 no longer works with Nvidia drivers, did a fresh windows install because i assumed it was my SSD at first,...