Windows 10: Nvidea 2060 on my laptop seems to be fried... i guess

Discus and support Nvidea 2060 on my laptop seems to be fried... i guess in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi reddit, I'm a free lance sound designer for video games a month in to working on an oculus game, and unfortunately today, my video card stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/missilecommandtsd, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Nvidea 2060 on my laptop seems to be fried... i guess

Hi reddit,

I'm a free lance sound designer for video games a month in to working on an oculus game, and unfortunately today, my video card stopped working.

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

My machine: 2019 Dell G7 7790 laptop with an RTX 2060 on Windows V10.0.18362 Build 18362.

Like many other sound designers, I've historically done my audio work on OSX and game dev work on windows - but for this project, I needed to try to do my audio work done on my PC. The audio software the team I'm working with uses (Avid's Pro Tools) is notoriously unstable on PC - but over this first month of the job I decided to work through issues, since I can't afford a new OSX machine right now (and am fed up with Apples high prices). I've been able to run the game dev environment no problem - the video card has been fine. I dealt with Pro Tools' instability for a while, but today tried to solve some of those issues.

So, this morning, as per Avid's advice, I made a few system changes, like completely disable UAC, and Disable Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery (Laptops only). Shortly after I installed a few USB devices (a midi controller and jog shuttle) and then updated windows and my Nvidea drivers.

Upon doing this, my RTX2060 stopped dead with the code 43 error - and I haven't been able to get it back. Here's what I've tried:

Uninstall Nvidea drivers, reinstall latest drivers.
    Uninstall the 2060 device and delete drivers, reinstall latest Nvidea drivers.
    Uninstall the 2060 device, delete drivers, reinstall Nvidea drivers on the Dell support website (from around 3-2020).
    Open the laptop, disconnect the batter for a few min, reconnect.
    Reset BIOS to default settings.

At some point earlier this month, as per another Pro Tools users advice, I had disabled restore point, which was foolish and I'm really paying the price.

What do I do now?

I basically can't work until I get this figured out, so I appreciate your ideas.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/missilecommandtsd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/missilecommandtsd, Oct 30, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Think I fried my 2500K :'(

I'm cautiously optimistic that you haven't fried it. You've removed the battery as has been suggested, which is great. I'd like to also add that you should move the cmos clear link over, as described in the mobo manual. It's not clear from the posts above if you've actually done this bit. If not, it's a very important step to try.

qubit, Oct 30, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Nvidea 2060 on my laptop seems to be fried... i guess

Laptop screen is fried

Update to windows 10 no my laptop screen is fried all I see is a white screen. I want Microsoft to replace it

JohnPeiffer, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Nvidea 2060 on my laptop seems to be fried... i guess

1. Nvidea 2060 on my laptop seems to be fried... i guess - Similar Threads - Nvidea 2060 laptop

2. Is my mother board fried

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my mother board fried: So I let my 5 year old on my pc he tried turning it off himself by spamming the power button on and off now is showing no signal I can even open the bios screen or nothing iv tried a new hard drive still nothing plugged monitors in mother board vga and still nothing all fans...
  3. "My spouses laptop is FRIED" !! Request ideas?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "My spouses laptop is FRIED" !! Request ideas?: "My spouses laptop is FRIED" !! Request ideas?"Please ignore any spelling/punctuation/grammar/etc." mistakes.1. I'm quite diligent in keeping all systems up-to-date with regard to frequently distributed MS service applications.2. Several weeks ago, while conducting these...
  4. "My spouses laptop is FRIED" !! Request ideas?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "My spouses laptop is FRIED" !! Request ideas?: "My spouses laptop is FRIED" !! Request ideas?"Please ignore any spelling/punctuation/grammar/etc." mistakes.1. I'm quite diligent in keeping all systems up-to-date with regard to frequently distributed MS service applications.2. Several weeks ago, while conducting these...
  5. "My spouses laptop is FRIED" !! Request ideas?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Is my computer fried?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my computer fried?: I've been using this computer for a good 6 months already but its showing signs of acting up and many crashes. I play Minecraft on this computer and think that my fans might not be cooling my PC fast enough. I've been getting system error exception stop codes and have tried...
  7. no internet,i guess

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no internet,i guess: umm,my windows is connected to my wifi but it says no internet access. the shocking thing is I AM ABLE TO SURF THE WEB IN CROME but not on EDGE of any other windows related app. Please help me i am not even able to search updates. HELP!!!!...
  8. Laptop Frying Memory After Reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Frying Memory After Reboot: Hi, I have a HP Elite-book 8470p and recently I rebooted it and windows wouldn't start but it came up with the blue screen of death saying "Bad Pool Header" so i did a quick google and it turns out that it is mainly caused by RAM Failing so i took out the ram and replaced it...
  9. Did i fry my Mobo?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Did i fry my Mobo?: a75 pro 4m, asrock older pc that some intermittent reboot problems. Have it on my desk to take it apart and put it back hoping it would repair itself. Figured out that the 20pin (24?) power supply would cause it to reboot. Basically, although jammed in to the board, it had...
  10. I think I fried my PSU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I think I fried my PSU: I messed around with the loop on my rig this morning. after I was done, I took the pc to my room and hooked everything up, everything was fine until it suddenly shut down completely. There is still some life on the motherboard (lights when I turn on the psu) but when I turn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidea controller take apart