Windows 10: Nvidia 370 series driver Black Screen with Mouse

Discus and support Nvidia 370 series driver Black Screen with Mouse in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My conclusion: How do I stop windows 10 from automatically updating NVidia drivers. 360 series drivers work fine. NVidia gtx 670 connected via hdmi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adgower, Feb 24, 2017.

1. adgower Win User

Nvidia 370 series driver Black Screen with Mouse

My conclusion: How do I stop windows 10 from automatically updating NVidia drivers. 360 series drivers work fine.

NVidia gtx 670 connected via hdmi to my dell U3415W

The problem occurs on any of the 370 series drivers. So I use DDU and remove the driver and install the last 368 series driver and it works fine. The problem is windows keeps updating me to latest driver... This causes the black screen with mouse. The cool thing is I can still access the computer using chrome remote desktop on my ipad.

I have gone to advanced system settings and disabled automatic windows drivers updates and it seems to ignore that selection. I have tried the windows tool to temporarily hide windows updates, but that was only temporary.

I would like to figure out how to block windows from updating my NVidia drivers and figure out why the latest drivers are working.

:)

adgower, Feb 24, 2017

2. Windows 10 and Nvidia drivers - Black screens (sound running for couple of minuts in background...)

I had issues with GTX 760, so I purchased new GTX 1070 - black screen didn't stop.

- I'm using AMD 370 and for 3 days I didn't get any black screen, I hope the new updates will fix something so I can put back my new GPU.

-So I'm 90% sure its Nvidia & MS drivers issue.

AleksandarP., Feb 24, 2017
  3. black screen before login on my windows 10 build 10240 ... need solution..

From my last boot

Laptop screen is not displaying anything except a black screen with mouse pointer moving ... When I boot it using safe mode . It is displaying normally ... Need help as soon as possible.... I am using Dell inspiron 3000 series(3542) with nvidia graphics card...

Aditya..Andurkar, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Nvidia 370 series driver Black Screen with Mouse

Welcome to the TenForums @adgower

Have you reviewed the settings in Geforce Experience.

On mine their is an option to auto down load but it is supposed to notify. In any event mine is unchecked.

Do you see the Nvida updates in the Windows Update History? Just trying to determine is Windows helping or is something else.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 25, 2017
Thema:

Nvidia 370 series driver Black Screen with Mouse

1. Nvidia 370 series driver Black Screen with Mouse - Similar Threads - Nvidia 370 series

2. Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly: Here's what Windbg shows about the minidump that was created after the crash on startup. I believe it's Nvidia but let me know your thoughts and how to solve this issue.I've installed a driver recently I believe, a new driver released by Nvidia. Microsoft R Windows Debugger...
  3. Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly: Here's what Windbg shows about the minidump that was created after the crash on startup. I believe it's Nvidia but let me know your thoughts and how to solve this issue.I've installed a driver recently I believe, a new driver released by Nvidia. Microsoft R Windows Debugger...
  4. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  5. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  6. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  7. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  8. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

9. Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver

Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver: I have Asus TUF A15 FX506II. It happen many times when I using my laptop for over than 4 hours. The screen suddenly go black and the laptop not responding. I tried to ctrl+alt+del but nothing happen, even I trying to turn on/off the keyboard backlight, nothing happen to the...
  10. Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out: I"m not getting a BSOD, but the system is recording all sorts of errors and warnings, so hopefully this is the right place... Windows 10 Pro, EVGA Geforce 970 GTX. Winver SAYS it’s running 1803. I GENERALLY try to keep the nvidia drivers current, but that may have been a...