Windows 10: Nvidia 6600 GTX drivers not compatible with Windows 10

Discus and support Nvidia 6600 GTX drivers not compatible with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased an Nvidia 6600 GTX graphics card for my PC. I installed windows 10 build 1909 prior to having the card. From a hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AltonMckneely, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Nvidia 6600 GTX drivers not compatible with Windows 10

Hello,

I recently purchased an Nvidia 6600 GTX graphics card for my PC. I installed windows 10 build 1909 prior to having the card. From a hardware perspective, everything is properly installed seated properly, appropriate PCI cable, etc. Upon installing the drivers, I found that my screen did not work. After some time working on it, the card finally worked, for one night. The next day, it did not work. Upon further investigation, I found that the "drivers were not compatible with this version of windows". I even tried older drivers to see if they would work. No luck. I thought it made no sense, so I did some more digging online. The first possible fix I found was corrupted drivers. I booted into safe mode, uninstalled the graphics driver, then rebooted normal. Windows auto installed the drivers and only a few minutes later, the monitor again shuts off. So I then found a potential solution of doing a manual install by downloading drivers from Nvidia and deselecting everything except the GPU drivers. Did that and same problem occurred. I then found another solution that I could try to reset the bios to default, so I tried that. Still same issue. Then I thought to try previous graphics card geforce 9800 gtx+ with Windows 10. Worked perfectly fine. The new graphics card works keeps the monitor on until I install the driver. I obviously need to install the driver in order to run my games. One other thing I tried as an option was try to backup to build 1903 windows 10 as I read that this card works with that build. Only issue is the operating system wont let me since I am guessing this OS was purchased recently an as build 1909. Again, the hardware is properly installed.

My PC is: HP Pavilion M9425F

8GB Ram requires 8GB ram

Intel core 2 Quad processor Yes I know its old lol

500W PSU requires 450W power supply

PCI-e slot for appropriate GPUs

I am not a computer genius, but I have gone through every possible solution I can think of. Oh I ran a diagnostic check twice and everything passed. Any help would be a blessing and appreciated. Thank you in advance!

:)

AltonMckneely, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Hood Win User

Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

3. MarkT4345 Win User
    Nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows

I have a current (GTX 1650) Nvidia graphics card with the 1703 Windows 10 build and I cannot install the driver. It says that the driver is not compatible with this version of Windows. What the hell is the problem?

MarkT4345, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Nvidia 6600 GTX drivers not compatible with Windows 10

Nvidia GTX 960m drivers problems on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting Blue Screen error while playing videos or games.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated driver.

• Missing Updates.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows update and check if it helps.

Method 2:

I see that you have tried re-installing the drivers. However if you have not tried uninstalling the display driver and installing the latest version of
    display driver from the computer manufacturer website, you may try the same. Check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the sound driver.

a. Press Windows Key + X and then click
    Device Manger.

b. Expand ‘Sound Video and Game Controllers”.

c. Right-click on ‘High Definition Audio Device
    and select ‘uninstall’.

d. Follow the prompt and restart the computer.

Step 2:

As Windows 10 drivers are not available, I suggest you to install latest display from computer manufacturer website in driver in compatibility mode.

Drivers | GeForce

To install the display driver
    in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

a. Download the latest display driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Nvidia 6600 GTX drivers not compatible with Windows 10

1. Nvidia 6600 GTX drivers not compatible with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Nvidia 6600 GTX

2. Nvidia drivers not compatible with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia drivers not compatible with windows 10: So I have an old Asus prime z270-ar motherboard, Intel i7 7700k, Asus dual gtx 1070 8gb.Gpu will not recognize in bios or device manage. Nvidia drivers can not detect a GPU and Nvidia drivers say it's not compatible with my windows 10 os. How can I get my graphics card up and...
  3. Nvidia drivers not compatible with windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia drivers not compatible with windows 10: So I have an old Asus prime z270-ar motherboard, Intel i7 7700k, Asus dual gtx 1070 8gb.Gpu will not recognize in bios or device manage. Nvidia drivers can not detect a GPU and Nvidia drivers say it's not compatible with my windows 10 os. How can I get my graphics card up and...
  4. Nvidia drivers not compatible with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nvidia Driver Not Compatible to this version of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia Driver Not Compatible to this version of windows: Help! i have Gtx 630 and upgrade to gtx 1660 super the driver cannot install . the error message is not compatible to this version of windows. i Download the latest nvidia driver and uninstall the old driver(Gtx 630).and use DDU to delete any remaining File do i need to...
  6. Nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows

Nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows: I have the latest version of windows 1909 but I still can't download the new NVIDIA drivers I have 391.35 right now and am trying to get 446.14. I can't download the new drivers since it is still saying "The NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of...
  7. Nvidia Driver - not compatible with this version of Windows

Nvidia Driver - not compatible with this version of Windows: hello i tried to update my nvidia game driver and it keeps saying i tried to play call of duty warzone on my pc for the first time and it said my graphics processing unit GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 640 is not supported but i played call of duty beta just fine. so i went to...
  8. Nvidia Driver - not compatible with this version of Windows

Nvidia Driver - not compatible with this version of Windows: Hi, My name is Cos. My son has a Notebook - Asus TUF gaming FX504 GE, Intel Core i5, with Nvidia Geforce GTX. I installed Windows 10Pro N, 64-bit, and I have a problem with Nvidia driver. From The Asus Page I tried to Install for this configuration Nvidia Drivers...
  9. Nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows

Nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows: Greetings, Trying to install the latest Nvida driver and getting the error "Nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows". I've checked, my windows 10 is up to date. It says I have version 391.35 of Nvidia which the current version is 431.36 I remember...
  10. Nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows

Nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows: I have a current (GTX 1650) Nvidia graphics card with the 1703 Windows 10 build and I cannot install the driver. It says that the driver is not compatible with this version of Windows. What the hell is the problem?...