Windows 10: Nvidia calibration doesn't load on start up

Discus and support Nvidia calibration doesn't load on start up in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I thought this was solved with a previous update but the problem has come back after renstalling windows. My nvidia calibration doesn't load on start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Cerawy, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Cerawy Win User

Nvidia calibration doesn't load on start up

I thought this was solved with a previous update but the problem has come back after renstalling windows. My nvidia calibration doesn't load on start up, i have to right click my desktop, click on nvidia control panel, click use nvidia settings and then click apply everytime i start my computer.

:)

Cerawy, Jan 25, 2018
  2. KomK Win User

How to remove or reset Windows display calibration to the default?

A few months ago I calibrated the display on my monitor for a while and then no longer had need for it and used the default Windows calibration again. However, the calibration still lingers and comes up whenever the computer boots up after a shutdown/restart
    on the Windows log-in screen and including the initial minutes of computer usage after logging in, as well as whenever I run a game with an exclusive fullscreen option (such as Dota 2). I've deleted the custom calibration from my profiles, but it did nothing
    to remove the calibration. Recalibrating is extremely difficult to recreate the default calibration, so that's not really an option I can go through with. I don't have a system restore point before the calibration was made either (most recent restore point
    was on 1/23/16, the time where I made the custom calibration was in the middle of October 2015).

What I need to fix this issue is a way to remove the custom color calibration completely or resetting the calibration to the default so that it doesn't override the default Windows calibration whenever I start up my laptop or run an exclusive fullscreen
    game.

Specs:

Laptop model: ASUS G551JW

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M

CPU: Intel i7 4720HQ @ 2.6GHz

Windows 10 ver: 1551

3. MartinRJ Win User
    Windows 10 color calibration keeps resetting

I am having this same issue on all of my Windows 10 PCs in all versions of Windows 10 I've ever had as well.

Every time I switch from 'main monitor only' to 'extend all monitors' or back, or similar, the calibration is lost and reverts to default.

I've tried all troubleshooting-tips I could find for months! But I wasn't able to fix this yet.

I also tried to set the color management settings to use "windows calibration", and went to "change system defaults" to set up the calibration there, but all of that also doesn't help.

I am tired of having to manually click the "reload current calibrations" button multiple times a day.

I had this issue with all driver versions, always. With Intel, NVIDIA and AMD GPUs. Everywhere.

MartinRJ, Jan 25, 2018
  4. KCR
    KCR Win User

Yup. . . I have the very same issue.

5. Cerawy Win User
    I think i may have solved this.

Here is what i did:

Opened color management, deleted the profile that was there, checked Use my settings for this device
    and rebooted windows.

Will give it some time to see if it works.

Cerawy, Jan 31, 2018
  6. Cerawy Win User
    So far my calibration works and loads when starting windows, will give it a week more before marking this as solved.

Cerawy, Feb 6, 2018
  7. Vaio 7 Win User
    " Opened color management, deleted the profile that was there, checked Use my settings for this device
    and rebooted windows."

It won't work, just jump to Task Scheduler, under Microsoft tasks, scroll down and find a task, I do not remember the exact description, it's something about Windows color profile then disable that task and reboot your pc.
    Then open Nvidia CP, adjust your settings and reboot again.
    In my case, on 3 pc's, the issue never came back, it's just a Windows stupid task setting that reapplies Windows color profiles and overrides Nvidia settings.
    Enjoy!
    P.S Before apply all the above, open color management and uncheck the "Use my settings for this device" option. Everything must be unchecked there.(Mandatory).

Cheers,

Vaio 7, Feb 14, 2018
  8. Clint Win User

This fixed mine.

How to save display settings

In Task Scheduler and going to \Microsoft\Windows\WindowsColorSystem You should see a task called Calibration Loader. Right-click it and select Properties. Go to the Triggers tab in this new window.You should see two triggers here, "At Log on" and "On connection to user session" Disable them both by clicking on them and unchecking the "Enabled" box at the bottom of the window.

Clint, Feb 14, 2018
  9. Cerawy Win User
    Well the steps i made in #3 solved my problem as my calibration now loads everytime i start windows.

P.S nvidia installs 4 different services, including nvidia display container ls, nvtmmon, nvtmreponlogon and nvprofileupdateronlogon.

The only one required is display container ls as that is the one that loads your calibration when you start windows, so the rest of them can be disabled.

Marking this as solved.

Cerawy, Feb 14, 2018
  10. Cerawy Win User
    Well the problem came back again after switching from windows pro to home, it was working flawlessly before. I have tried to update the drivers and making a new calibration but it didn't solve the problem.

Cerawy, Mar 31, 2018
  11. Cerawy Win User
    Seems like this is a problem that comes and goes. If anything has a permanent solution, please post it here.

Cerawy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Nvidia calibration doesn't load on start up - Similar Threads - Nvidia calibration doesn't

2. Infinite loading on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite loading on start up: Yesterday, my comp was lagging a lot so I restarted my pc. After I restarted my pc I was stuck in the loading I tried shutting it down and start it again by using the power button but it didn’t work . So can anyone help me pls...
  3. Infinite loading on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite loading on start up: Yesterday, my comp was lagging a lot so I restarted my pc. After I restarted my pc I was stuck in the loading I tried shutting it down and start it again by using the power button but it didn’t work . So can anyone help me pls...
  4. Windows taskbar doesn't fully load on start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows taskbar doesn't fully load on start up: Hey guys, bit of a weird one here. I've just built my friend a new pc, installed windows, done all the updates and everything was working fine. This morning I've installed all the usual software he uses. Steam, Chrome, GeForce etc. Now this morning, for some reason, whenever...
  5. Taskbar doesn't load after starting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar doesn't load after starting.: When I initially start up my computer and load in, the icons on the screens load up and can be started normally but the taskbar icons don't appear and when I click on the windows key or the windows logo and the search bar, it doesn't load and says that ''Windows 10 is not...
  6. nVidia Settings Not Loading

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nVidia Settings Not Loading: Hi. a couple of time now, very randomly, when i boot up the machine doesn't apply my nvid settings. when i first built/set-up the machine, i used the nVidia Control Panel to set up the gamma etc as the standard load is too bright for what i need, and this usually comes into...
  7. windows start-up & load-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows start-up & load-up: ever since i got my rtx 2070 super, i7 9700k 32 gb of ram pc, i hv been experiencing slow start-ups (ex: when entering my pw to get on my pc, it takes about 10 secs for the pw input thingy to pop-up)& extremely slow load-up speeds (ex: when getting onto my desktop, everything...
  8. Display Calibration Not Loading on Boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Calibration Not Loading on Boot: Hi, I have encountered a strange problem with my pc regarding the display calibration and need some help. I have calibrated my display the day I bought it and my pc. Then, every time I start my computer, the display calibration would be set to default. But once I open the...
  9. network adapter doesn't load on 1st start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network adapter doesn't load on 1st start: Hi I've try reinstalling but still have this problem. My network adapter doesn't load on first start up but if I restart after initial start up then it will work perfectly fine.It detects Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection as well as an intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit...
  10. windows & nvidia calibrations doesn't work

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    windows & nvidia calibrations doesn't work: my windows calibration and my calibration with nvidia control panel resets everytime i launch a game on steam or somewhere else... this is seriously annoying... please help 88441