Windows 10: NVIDIA card is not recognized

Discus and support NVIDIA card is not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thanks in advance for any help. I'm running Windows 10 and it is fully updated. I'm running an NVIDIA 2070 card on my laptop and it is not showing up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JasonMount, Mar 16, 2020.

1. NVIDIA card is not recognized

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm running Windows 10 and it is fully updated.

I'm running an NVIDIA 2070 card on my laptop and it is not showing up in my display adapters section in device manager. In fact, no display adapters are showing up in my device manager! yes, I've selected to show hidden in DM. At one point the card was showing up there but it had an error, stating that it was not connected properly ... it's a laptop so I don't suppose that it is connected improperly ... the computer hasn't been dropped or moved.

I then removed it from DM and restarted the laptop, hoping that windows would spot it and reinstall but it won't.

Prior to this, I fully updated the drivers and windows.

I've gone in the bios to see if I could have dGPU selected as default instead of onboard graphics but there are no options for this. it's an HP Omen gaming laptop.

There are no system restore points so I can't revert to prior restore points this wasn't activated. I activated it and there are no restore points available.

So I am stuck with a super nice gaming laptop without a video card working and no other options.

Looking forward to a solution!

Thanks

:)

JasonMount, Mar 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Not Recognizing new Graphics Card

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Did you removed the NVidia graphics card before installing Radeon graphics card?
    • Is Radeon HD graphics card externally installed or internally installed?
    I suggest you to uninstall the Display adaptors (NVidia) drivers and check if it helps. Kindly follow the steps to uninstall Display drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for NVidia Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the display driver
      and select Uninstall.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Parth P Patel, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Nvidia graphics cards not recognized by claymore

I am using Windows 10. I have installed 10 identical type Nvidia graphics cards. I am using ASRock H110 PRO BTC+ motherboard. It can handle up to 13 graphics cards. I have 2 power supplies and all 10 cards are spinning and have new drivers installed. when
    I open claymore mining program it only recognizes 7 of the cards. how can I get it to recognize the extra cards?

bitcoins4less.ca, Mar 16, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

NVIDIA card is not recognized

Windows 10 recognizes my SD Card as a local drive

Jon,

You posted that you would try the suggested steps by Tryx3. May we have an update if the suggested steps have resolved the issue about your SD card being recognized as a fixed drive in Windows 10?

David Haz, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

NVIDIA card is not recognized

1. NVIDIA card is not recognized - Similar Threads - NVIDIA card recognized

2. Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card: My laptop computer MSI GF76 Katana 11UCX-892XRU has an integrated Intel graphics card and the Geforce 2050 RTX card. But when I go to Settings > System > Display > Advanced display, the Intel card is shown as the default graphics card even though the driver for Geforce is...
  3. NVidia Card BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVidia Card BSOD: I've noticed I'm getting Random BSOD restarts. Searching the memory dump file it's again related to the nvlddmkm.sys but the posts are all over a year old and referencing the 20H2 build.I have uninstalled the Intel on chip video card and deleted the NVidia. Installed the...
  4. NVidia Card BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVidia Card BSOD: I've noticed I'm getting Random BSOD restarts. Searching the memory dump file it's again related to the nvlddmkm.sys but the posts are all over a year old and referencing the 20H2 build.I have uninstalled the Intel on chip video card and deleted the NVidia. Installed the...
  5. NVidia Card BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Nvidia graphic card

Nvidia graphic card: My laptop broke down a few days ago and it got repaired and after the repair i was left in dust i had to start all over without knowing anything I downloaded my games but then realized that there was no graphic card in my laptop I don't know what to download how to download...
  7. NVIDIA graphics card not being recognized by Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA graphics card not being recognized by Device Manager: Hi I have an Alienware 14 with a stock NVIDIA GeForce 750M GPU and I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, OS Build: 19042.746. When I first installed Windows, I remember I checked the Device Manager and the GPU showed up in Device Manager, but then it disappeared and now...
  8. Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia graphics card: Hello! I have a pc with a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega 8 graphics. I have purchased a Nvidia GTX1050TI graphics card. When I first installed the graphics card and powered up the screen was 800 x 600. I inserted the driver disk that came with the...
  9. Graphic card nvidia

Graphic card nvidia: I recently did a clean installation of windows 10 and after installing the new os windows wont detect and use my primary graphic card which is nvidia 940mx and i tried installing the latest drivers but it still uses on board graphics what shoud i do? P.S: i tried the nvidia...
  10. Possible NVIDIA Driver Freezing (With no NVIDIA card)

Possible NVIDIA Driver Freezing (With no NVIDIA card): Hello, I have had Windows 10 pretty much since official release- and it's great! One problem however; it seems to crash every now and then. By crash, I mean the computer freezes up (No BSOD) and I can't move mouse nor turn num-lock off... The only option is to force shut...