Windows 10: nVidia cards and ClearType - Not that clear...

Discus and support nVidia cards and ClearType - Not that clear... in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello guys. I have been trying (with little success) to fine tune screen output readability by invoking cttune.exe. On my GTX 1070 card some white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by eLPuSHeR, Dec 2, 2019.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

nVidia cards and ClearType - Not that clear...

Hello guys.

I have been trying (with little success) to fine tune screen output readability by invoking cttune.exe.
    On my GTX 1070 card some white text (like the one inside nVidia CP) is displayed with an annoying greenish hue. I would like to know if there is some other way of tuning ClearType without cttune.exe.

I have seen other cards (even internal Intel ones and AMD) where ClearType is just fine out of the box.

Any ideas on how to tune it?

:)

eLPuSHeR, Dec 2, 2019

2. How to reset ClearType text to factory settings in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

How to Make Text Easier to Read using ClearType in Windows 10

• To get to the ClearType take an entry to the
      Control Panel and select the Display option.
    • On the right pane of the Display window click on
      Adjust ClearType Text link.
    • A ClearType Text Tuner window will appear on your screen. Select the
      checkbox Turn on ClearType and click
      Next button to go to the next step
    • After turning on the ClearType
      Text Tuner, you will see five windows exhibiting the samples of the text that you wish to set.
    • So click Next on the following five sample windows by selecting your required text type.
    • On the appearance of last window click Finish after completing the tuning of the text for your monitor.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Dec 2, 2019
  3. IE9: ClearType forced on

Is your problem on this iiyama ProLite E2607WS-1 (1920x1200 26" LCD)? I'm surprised. Or are you operating the monitor in portrait mode?

May i suggest setting display dpi to 120, then run cleartype tuner (download from MS)

Of course, we wouldnt need to bother with cleartype if we had higher pixel density displays! *Pimp nVidia cards and ClearType - Not that clear... :pimp:

Completely Bonkers, Dec 2, 2019
  4. nVidia cards and ClearType - Not that clear...

Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

nVidia cards and ClearType - Not that clear...

1. nVidia cards and ClearType - Not that clear... - Similar Threads - nVidia cards ClearType

2. NVidia Card BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVidia Card BSOD: I've noticed I'm getting Random BSOD restarts. Searching the memory dump file it's again related to the nvlddmkm.sys but the posts are all over a year old and referencing the 20H2 build.I have uninstalled the Intel on chip video card and deleted the NVidia. Installed the...
  3. NVidia Card BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVidia Card BSOD: I've noticed I'm getting Random BSOD restarts. Searching the memory dump file it's again related to the nvlddmkm.sys but the posts are all over a year old and referencing the 20H2 build.I have uninstalled the Intel on chip video card and deleted the NVidia. Installed the...
  4. NVidia Card BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cleartype

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleartype: For those of you that think your text on Windows is a little blurry try this submitted by /u/Deathdar1577 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qkd3mu/cleartype/
  6. Nvidia graphic card

Nvidia graphic card: My laptop broke down a few days ago and it got repaired and after the repair i was left in dust i had to start all over without knowing anything I downloaded my games but then realized that there was no graphic card in my laptop I don't know what to download how to download...
  7. NVIDIA card is not recognized

NVIDIA card is not recognized: Thanks in advance for any help. I'm running Windows 10 and it is fully updated. I'm running an NVIDIA 2070 card on my laptop and it is not showing up in my display adapters section in device manager. In fact, no display adapters are showing up in my device manager! yes,...
  8. Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia graphics card: Hello! I have a pc with a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega 8 graphics. I have purchased a Nvidia GTX1050TI graphics card. When I first installed the graphics card and powered up the screen was 800 x 600. I inserted the driver disk that came with the...
  9. Graphic card nvidia

Graphic card nvidia: I recently did a clean installation of windows 10 and after installing the new os windows wont detect and use my primary graphic card which is nvidia 940mx and i tried installing the latest drivers but it still uses on board graphics what shoud i do? P.S: i tried the nvidia...
  10. Possible NVIDIA Driver Freezing (With no NVIDIA card)

Possible NVIDIA Driver Freezing (With no NVIDIA card): Hello, I have had Windows 10 pretty much since official release- and it's great! One problem however; it seems to crash every now and then. By crash, I mean the computer freezes up (No BSOD) and I can't move mouse nor turn num-lock off... The only option is to force shut...