Windows 10: Nvidia Control Panel custom res causes 10-bit colour to revert back!

Discus and support Nvidia Control Panel custom res causes 10-bit colour to revert back! in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an issue and it is exclusive since the Windows 10 upgrade. I never ever had this problem in Windows 8.1 in the 4 years that I've used my 4K... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, May 16, 2019.

1. Nvidia Control Panel custom res causes 10-bit colour to revert back!

I have an issue and it is exclusive since the Windows 10 upgrade.

I never ever had this problem in Windows 8.1 in the 4 years that I've used my 4K monitor.

Basically I am able to select 10-bit colour mode for my Samsung U28E590 4K monitor. It is a 10-bit display panel with a billion colours. This option is selectable if I don't create custom resolution.

The problem is that my refresh rate shows as 59hz. In order for Windows to display 60hz refresh rate I need to choose custom resolution and set it to 60.001.

This issue gets fixed but then the 10-bit colour option reverts back to 8-bit. How can I fix it so I can have a custom resolution but the colour bit not to revert back to 8-bit? If I select 10-bit and hit apply it reverts back to 8-bit in a custom resolution mode. But if I delete the custom resolution of 3840x2160 then 10-bit works but display resolution is 59hz!

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, May 16, 2019

2. windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, May 16, 2019
  3. windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, May 16, 2019
  4. Carsomyr Win User

Nvidia Control Panel custom res causes 10-bit colour to revert back!

where is NVIDIA control panel in windows 10?

I cannot seem to get the nvidia control panel (system tray)
    I tried everything I could think of:

- Nvidia driver uninstall + device uninstall + change device auto install drivers in hardware settings + clean install... no joy...
    - Windows automatically installs some nvidia drivers, no matter what I try and I can't see or find the control panel.

Any suggestions?

Carsomyr, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Nvidia Control Panel custom res causes 10-bit colour to revert back!

1. Nvidia Control Panel custom res causes 10-bit colour to revert back! - Similar Threads - Nvidia Control Panel

2. SidebySide Error with NVIDIA Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    SidebySide Error with NVIDIA Control Panel: When attempting to open NVIDIA Control Panel, I get the error "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail." This is what the event...
  3. Nvidia Control Panel Missing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Control Panel Missing: Dear All, I am trying to open Nvidia Control Panel but unfortunately I cant open it. I have tried searching for the application but I couldnt find it. I have already updated to my latest drivers. I still couldnt find anything. The card works fine but I cant change which...
  4. SLI not available in Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SLI not available in Nvidia control panel: As it says above, in build 9926 I can't get to enable SLI in NCP. Any help would be appreciated. 4193
  5. Nvidia Graphics Control Panel is missing

Nvidia Graphics Control Panel is missing: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and I can't seem to find my Graphics control panel to control 3d graphics and such. It's completely gone. I use to be able to right click my desktop and go straight to it now its gone. The other way I use to get to it is by right click my desktop...
  6. Nvidia Control Panel missing

Nvidia Control Panel missing: I know there are a lot of old threads on this, but I've not seen an actual answer to this and it's been bugging me for over a year ever since I completely de-installed Nvidia from my Win 10-64 system due to apparent failure to upgrade to new drivers and getting a popup...
  7. NVIDIA Control Panel won't open

NVIDIA Control Panel won't open: I can't get the NVIDIA Control Panel to open. I click on it through the Windows Control Panel and the cursor will spin for a few seconds, and you can see the process start and run for a few seconds in the Task Manager, then it stops. Will not open up. Tried rebooting, but no...
  8. Nvidia geforce experience & nvidia control panel not working.

Nvidia geforce experience & nvidia control panel not working.: So I just updated to windows 10. and first thing i go to do is turn up my saturation, nvidia control panel doesnt work, i go to my device manager looks like my graphics card isnt even installed, i install it and restart pc, nvidia control panel still doesnt work, I install...
  9. System on Control Panel reverts back to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    System on Control Panel reverts back to Desktop: After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, through the Microsoft free upgrade, my first attempt ended in Windows 7 being automatically "reinstalled" and useable. After research, I discovered that one's antivirus program should be disabled as well as all USB-connected...
  10. SLI not available in Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    SLI not available in Nvidia control panel: As it says above, in build 9926 I can't get to enable SLI in NCP. Any help would be appreciated. 4195