Windows 10: nvidia control panel locked is not "compabile" with standard drivers

Discus and support nvidia control panel locked is not "compabile" with standard drivers in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So I had the dubious honor of my fresh windows install being corrupted by windows broken drivers, I tried to install the newest standard non broken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ZippyDSMlee, May 14, 2020.

1. nvidia control panel locked is not "compabile" with standard drivers

So I had the dubious honor of my fresh windows install being corrupted by windows broken drivers, I tried to install the newest standard non broken drivers from Nvida 445.87-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.

So my problem is after installing the normal drivers the control panel dose not work as its a windows store app and you are lucky if windows store works at all but that's besides the point.

I uninstalled it and then installed the nvida standard drivers with no errors but the control panel was not working, crawled over the windows store and got its version.....and its not compatible with the standard drivers.

So let me get this right MS wants to protect the install driver chain from malicious use from being broken by breaking them through malicious negligence??

My question is how do I fix this, is there a way to just install the control panel? Do I just uninstall the normal drivers and hope windows installs the right thing? I can not remove the nvida control panel, I worked on the computer all day yesterday and now this....I am sick....

:)

ZippyDSMlee, May 14, 2020
  2. Faith Win User

Nvidia Control Panel Missing

Do you have the DCH driver installed? You need to grab the controlpanel from the Microsoft Store if you do. If you don't then just DDU your driver in safe mode, plug out the ethernet/wireless connection and install the standard Nvidia driver manually. This will fix it. I can write or link you a step-by guide if you are unfamiliar with it.

DCH Version/Nvidia Control panel: Buy NVIDIA Control Panel - Microsoft Store

Faith, May 14, 2020
  3. Nvidia Control Panel Missing

It says "NVIDIA Control Panel is currently not available." what should I do next?

obaidrasheed18, May 14, 2020
  4. BossDweeb Win User

nvidia control panel locked is not "compabile" with standard drivers

Nvidia Control Panel Problem

Yes, for some reason the driver for newer machines that use the new DCH 'universal' driver system does not come with Control Panel,

only the 'Experience', so you need to download Control Panel separately when using DCH drivers.

The standard WHQL driver is not compatible with these machines, unfortunately. From the Nvidia download page....

"DCH drivers cannot be installed over a standard system, and Standard drivers cannot be installed over a DCH system."

Nvidia wanted to ditch Control Panel when they first released the Experience some years ago, but the backlash

made them think better of the idea.

BossDweeb, May 14, 2020
Thema:

nvidia control panel locked is not "compabile" with standard drivers

1. nvidia control panel locked is not "compabile" with standard drivers - Similar Threads - nvidia control panel

2. Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia control panel: So in the nvidia control panel in the manage display mode I changed it to nvidia gpu only but i want to change to auto select and now it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel/e41b6bb4-942a-403b-96a5-b05da0cd1afc
  3. Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia control panel: So in the nvidia control panel in the manage display mode I changed it to nvidia gpu only but i want to change to auto select and now it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel/e41b6bb4-942a-403b-96a5-b05da0cd1afc
  4. nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  5. nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  6. nvidia Control Panel - "Application is not compatable with installed NVIDIA Driver"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nvidia Control Panel - "Application is not compatable with installed NVIDIA Driver": ...So what version IS compatible?Device Manager lists the nvidia 680M with driver 302.92 and no errors.same hardware, same win10 OS, same nvidia card ALL working many years without issue.uninstalled the current nvidia drivers but the PC is using the builtin intel HD Graphics...
  7. NVIDIA Control Panel is not compatible with installed NVIDIA Driver In Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    NVIDIA Control Panel is not compatible with installed NVIDIA Driver In Windows 10: used to be so simple download everything from nvidia, but now MS have distribution of the nvidia control panel and everything is messed up when i auto updated my driver through geforce experience, it then said the CP was missing, so just downloaded it from MS after i got...
  8. No nVidia Control panel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No nVidia Control panel: Just bought a 1650 Super. Tried to install drivers. Complains not compatible with my version of Windows (1809, 17763.1), Only the DCH drive will install (after booting to safe mode and using DDU to first uninstall the driver that wouldn't install anyway). Problem with DCH is...
  9. NVIDIA Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA Control Panel: Hi, I can't access to NVIDA Control Panel in my laptop. When I double click to NVIDIA Control Panel Icon in Control Home Panel. I get this message ( You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDA GPU ) Please advice how to activate. Thanks....
  10. Nvidia Control Panel and Gamma Control

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Control Panel and Gamma Control: Hello: I'm considering purchasing a new pc. An important consideration in my choice is my control over fine tuning of display parameters: Brightness /Conrast /Gamma/ Color Saturation So I'm looking for PC with dedicated (rather than integrated) graphics card, which might...