Windows 10: Nvidia Control Panel not working after Windows 10 update, instead Settings app

Discus and support Nvidia Control Panel not working after Windows 10 update, instead Settings app in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, after Windows 10 update i cant change graphics settings in Nvidia Control Panel, it says "obecnie wybieraniem karty graficznej zarządza system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OPRESEK, Sep 12, 2020.

1. OPRESEK Win User

Nvidia Control Panel not working after Windows 10 update, instead Settings app

Hi, after Windows 10 update i cant change graphics settings in Nvidia Control Panel, it says "obecnie wybieraniem karty graficznej zarządza system operacyjny windows" its in polish which means "currently selecting a graphics card is managed by the windows operating system"

Nvidia Control Panel not working after Windows 10 update, instead Settings app 9eac9cf2-ca9a-4238-9517-e9b780c23d1a?upload=true.png

and when I click the text that says "Ustawienia grafikii systemu Windows" Windows graphics settings it opens this window

Nvidia Control Panel not working after Windows 10 update, instead Settings app 75c11fe6-f485-44ce-8a8d-644b5b70afcf?upload=true.png

I apologize for my bad English, Im from Poland

My graphics cards are:

NVIDIA GTX 1650

Intel UHD Graphics 630

My laptop is:

Lenovo Legion Y7000 PG0

:)

OPRESEK, Sep 12, 2020

2. Nvidia Control Panel app(?) not working

I decided to update my nvidia drivers, so I downloaded the latest game ready driver package for my gtx 960, used nvslimmer to trim away the stuff I don't want installed, leaving the install core, physX, and the display drivers, updated, and it seems to have went fine

then I get the following error when I right click and use the nvidia control panel context menu option

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\NVIDIACorp.NVIDIAControlPanel_8.1.956.0_x64__56jybvy8sckqj\nvcplui.exe"
    The system could not find the filter specified

So I used the steps here to make a backup of the windowsapps folder perms and give myself full unrestricted read/write access, unhide the windowsapps folder, navigate to the folder containing the nvidia control panel, use the nvcplui.exe, and the control panel opens and works just fine

why did nvidia decide to make the control panel a windows app (or a sorta app from what I read up on it), and what must I do to fix the problem I have above

- - - Updated - - -

alright, after doing a clean sweep of all things nvidia from my computer, and booting into safemode (minimal) to delete one stubborn folder, I went back into normal boot, and installed the standard version driver of 441.66 from nvidia's older driver archives, and surprise surprise, it brought back the regular non-windows app version control panel

BrokenDaily, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Carsomyr Win User
    where is NVIDIA control panel in windows 10?

I cannot seem to get the nvidia control panel (system tray)
    I tried everything I could think of:

- Nvidia driver uninstall + device uninstall + change device auto install drivers in hardware settings + clean install... no joy...
    - Windows automatically installs some nvidia drivers, no matter what I try and I can't see or find the control panel.

Any suggestions?

Carsomyr, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Derek12 Win User

where is NVIDIA control panel in windows 10?

Nvidia Control Panel is accesible via right click on the desktop

Install the latest Nvidia driver "on top" of the Windows 10 driver, updating it.

Derek12, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Nvidia Control Panel not working after Windows 10 update, instead Settings app - Similar Threads - Nvidia Control Panel

2. Nvidia control panel display settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia control panel display settings: When I go into nvidia control panel the display settings are missing on my laptopSpecs: RTX 3060 I7 12700K 16GB RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel-display-settings/d70a1a10-16c5-47ae-b63e-a9bf5b1c27e9
  3. Nvidia control panel display settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia control panel display settings: When I go into nvidia control panel the display settings are missing on my laptopSpecs: RTX 3060 I7 12700K 16GB RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel-display-settings/d70a1a10-16c5-47ae-b63e-a9bf5b1c27e9
  4. nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  5. nvidia control panel

nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  6. Nvidia control panel wont work

Nvidia control panel wont work: How do I get the Nvidia Control panel to work. It won't download from MS Store awful thing. I have an icon and that's it. I click on it and nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel-wont-work/c219f68a-f07f-40fe-936a-297c65eaac51
  7. Nvidia control panel wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia control panel wont work: How do I get the Nvidia Control panel to work. It won't download from MS Store awful thing. I have an icon and that's it. I click on it and nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel-wont-work/c219f68a-f07f-40fe-936a-297c65eaac51
  8. Nvidia Control Panel app(?) not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Control Panel app(?) not working: I decided to update my nvidia drivers, so I downloaded the latest game ready driver package for my gtx 960, used nvslimmer to trim away the stuff I don't want installed, leaving the install core, physX, and the display drivers, updated, and it seems to have went fine then I...
  9. NVIDIA control panel disappeared after Windows 10 1089 update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA control panel disappeared after Windows 10 1089 update.: Updated Windows 10 with 1089 update. First major issue discovered - NVIDIA control panel disappeared from Context menu. Next place checked was the Control Panel - all items (small icons). Also missing from that location. Next step, checked for Windows Update - all up to...
  10. NVIDIA Control Panel (profile settings) have changed after updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NVIDIA Control Panel (profile settings) have changed after updating Windows 10: During the update, Windows-10 changes the “Nvidia profile” resetting it to “Base”. Unfortunately high level CADCAM applications, including ours, “don’t like” to work with Base-profile. i.e. we have our own Nvidia-profile. Catia has its own profile, NX has its profile...