Windows 10: NVIDIA Control Panel output color format changes by itself

Discus and support NVIDIA Control Panel output color format changes by itself in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello. I recently got a new monitor (LG 38WN95C-W) and a peculiar change happens in the Nvidia control panel every so often. How can I prevent it? It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Szark, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Szark Win User

NVIDIA Control Panel output color format changes by itself

Hello. I recently got a new monitor (LG 38WN95C-W) and a peculiar change happens in the Nvidia control panel every so often. How can I prevent it?

It basically goes in and changes the output color format from RGB to YCbCr422, depth from 10 to 8 bpc, and dynamic range from full to limited.

This happens a few times a day (full day of usage), and the screen also occasionally goes black and then immediately restores itself (every other day or so) but this does not correlate to the change it seems (going black doesn't make the change necessarily).

Nvidia game ready driver 456.71
    Windows 10 Home
    Version 20H2
    OS build 19042.608
    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Other PC info in profile.

This is how I set it to be:

NVIDIA Control Panel output color format changes by itself [​IMG]

This is how the system sets itself after a while:

:)

Szark, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Szark Win User

Hello. I recently got a new monitor (LG 38WN95C-W) and a peculiar change happens in the Nvidia control panel every so often. How can I prevent it?

It basically goes in and changes the output color format from RGB to YCbCr422, depth from 10 to 8 bpc, and dynamic range from full to limited.

This happens a few times a day (full day of usage), and the screen also occasionally goes black and then immediately restores itself (every other day or so) but this does not correlate to the change it seems (going black doesn't make the change necessarily).

Nvidia game ready driver 456.71
    Windows 10 Home
    Version 20H2
    OS build 19042.608
    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Other PC info in profile.

This is how I set it to be:

This is how the system sets itself after a while:

Szark, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Suman_B Win User
    Windows 10 version 1903 Nvidia Control Panel issues.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that nvidia Control Panel is not accepting desktop color settings correctly, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some
    information.

1. What is the Make and the Model of the computer?
    2. May I know the Model of the nvidia Graphic card?

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Change the output dynamic range to full.

1. Open nvidia control panel.
    2. Click on Display.
    3. Select Change resolution.
    4. Output dynamic range
    5. Set this value to Full.

Method 2: Update nvidia Graphic driver.

Suggest you to update the nvidia Graphic driver from the

nvidia website
    and check if it fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Oct 27, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. NVIDIA Control Panel output color format changes by itself - Similar Threads - NVIDIA Control Panel

2. Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia control panel: So in the nvidia control panel in the manage display mode I changed it to nvidia gpu only but i want to change to auto select and now it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel/e41b6bb4-942a-403b-96a5-b05da0cd1afc
  3. Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia control panel: So in the nvidia control panel in the manage display mode I changed it to nvidia gpu only but i want to change to auto select and now it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel/e41b6bb4-942a-403b-96a5-b05da0cd1afc
  4. nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  5. nvidia control panel

nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  6. Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.: How do I turn it on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidias-control-panel-color-slider-doesnt-work/fdf82df8-3c53-4c05-9e4c-1bbd5c24f24f
  7. Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.

Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.: How do I turn it on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidias-control-panel-color-slider-doesnt-work/fdf82df8-3c53-4c05-9e4c-1bbd5c24f24f
  8. Nvidia's control panel color slider doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. No nVidia Control panel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No nVidia Control panel: Just bought a 1650 Super. Tried to install drivers. Complains not compatible with my version of Windows (1809, 17763.1), Only the DCH drive will install (after booting to safe mode and using DDU to first uninstall the driver that wouldn't install anyway). Problem with DCH is...
  10. NVIDIA Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA Control Panel: Hi, I can't access to NVIDA Control Panel in my laptop. When I double click to NVIDIA Control Panel Icon in Control Home Panel. I get this message ( You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDA GPU ) Please advice how to activate. Thanks....