Windows 10: NVIDIA Control Panel (profile settings) have changed after updating Windows 10

Discus and support NVIDIA Control Panel (profile settings) have changed after updating Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During the update, Windows-10 changes the “Nvidia profile” resetting it to “Base”. Unfortunately high level CADCAM applications, including ours,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Davide Ciarloni, Oct 18, 2018.

1. NVIDIA Control Panel (profile settings) have changed after updating Windows 10

During the update, Windows-10 changes the “Nvidia profile” resetting it to “Base”.

Unfortunately high level CADCAM applications, including ours, “don’t like” to work with Base-profile.

i.e. we have our own Nvidia-profile. Catia has its own profile, NX has its profile and so on.

The “base” profile causes random crashes to our customers and to our own workstations.

It causes a considerable loss of time/money to us.

We might be forced to move to another operating system or to go back to Windows 7 and to suggest it to our customers.

I am wondering why Microsoft does that.

Hints?

How to avoid that a Windows update interferes with Nvidia profile?

:)

Davide Ciarloni, Oct 18, 2018
  2. Carsomyr Win User

where is NVIDIA control panel in windows 10?

I cannot seem to get the nvidia control panel (system tray)
    I tried everything I could think of:

- Nvidia driver uninstall + device uninstall + change device auto install drivers in hardware settings + clean install... no joy...
    - Windows automatically installs some nvidia drivers, no matter what I try and I can't see or find the control panel.

Any suggestions?

Carsomyr, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Derek12 Win User
    where is NVIDIA control panel in windows 10?

Nvidia Control Panel is accesible via right click on the desktop

Install the latest Nvidia driver "on top" of the Windows 10 driver, updating it.

Derek12, Oct 18, 2018
  4. DAS5_PC Win User

NVIDIA Control Panel (profile settings) have changed after updating Windows 10

Nvidia Control Panel - Disappeared after Windows 10 Version 1703 update

Thanks for the information. The problem was that it also was not listed on Control Panel - All Control Panel Items after the update. It was the second place I looked when I could not find it on the desktop. I did a complete search for the Nvidia Control,
    Nvidia Control Panel and Nvidia on the C and D drives, and the Nvidia Control Panel was no where to be found. I was able to locate the Nvidia GForce Experience app (listed on the apps menu and via a search and it function fine) and able to locate the Nvidia
    Driver using Device Manager, but I was unable to locate the Nvidia Control Panel. The Nvidia Icon, which is also set using the Nvidia Control Panel, that appears at the bottom right of the screen was also missing. All is now good after talking with Nvidia
    Support and following their instructions.

DAS5_PC, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

NVIDIA Control Panel (profile settings) have changed after updating Windows 10

1. NVIDIA Control Panel (profile settings) have changed after updating Windows 10 - Similar Threads - NVIDIA Control Panel

2. Nvidia control panel display settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia control panel display settings: When I go into nvidia control panel the display settings are missing on my laptopSpecs: RTX 3060 I7 12700K 16GB RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel-display-settings/d70a1a10-16c5-47ae-b63e-a9bf5b1c27e9
  3. Nvidia control panel display settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia control panel display settings: When I go into nvidia control panel the display settings are missing on my laptopSpecs: RTX 3060 I7 12700K 16GB RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel-display-settings/d70a1a10-16c5-47ae-b63e-a9bf5b1c27e9
  4. Nvidia control panel

Nvidia control panel: So in the nvidia control panel in the manage display mode I changed it to nvidia gpu only but i want to change to auto select and now it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel/e41b6bb4-942a-403b-96a5-b05da0cd1afc
  5. nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  6. nvidia control panel

nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  7. Nvidia Control Panel not working after Windows 10 update, instead Settings app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia Control Panel not working after Windows 10 update, instead Settings app: Hi, after Windows 10 update i cant change graphics settings in Nvidia Control Panel, it says "obecnie wybieraniem karty graficznej zarządza system operacyjny windows" its in polish which means "currently selecting a graphics card is managed by the windows operating system"...
  8. No nVidia Control panel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No nVidia Control panel: Just bought a 1650 Super. Tried to install drivers. Complains not compatible with my version of Windows (1809, 17763.1), Only the DCH drive will install (after booting to safe mode and using DDU to first uninstall the driver that wouldn't install anyway). Problem with DCH is...
  9. NVIDIA Control Panel

NVIDIA Control Panel: Hi, I can't access to NVIDA Control Panel in my laptop. When I double click to NVIDIA Control Panel Icon in Control Home Panel. I get this message ( You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDA GPU ) Please advice how to activate. Thanks....
  10. NVIDIA control panel disappeared after Windows 10 1089 update.

NVIDIA control panel disappeared after Windows 10 1089 update.: Updated Windows 10 with 1089 update. First major issue discovered - NVIDIA control panel disappeared from Context menu. Next place checked was the Control Panel - all items (small icons). Also missing from that location. Next step, checked for Windows Update - all up to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia control panel profile

2. change nvidia control panle user profile

3. windows 10 changes nvidia settings