Windows 10: NVidia control panel won't install from Microsoft store.

Discus and support NVidia control panel won't install from Microsoft store. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I keep getting the error : Change where you install apps This app must install to your system drive, but that's not the default. Go to Storage >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JeffreyWills, Jul 9, 2020.

1. NVidia control panel won't install from Microsoft store.

I keep getting the error :

Change where you install apps

This app must install to your system drive, but that's not the default. Go to Storage > Change where new content is saved, select your system drive, and retry your install.

Windows is installed on my C drive along with NVidia driver 451.48. All new content is set to my C drive under Storage.

I use triple monitors and I use VR. This is a huge problem not having the NVidia control panel. The lack of this simple program has brought my rig to it's knees.

Why is this no longer packaged with the NVidia drivers? Why did Microsoft feel the need to make it only available via the Windows store?

Why? Why?!?!?!

:)

JeffreyWills, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Faith Win User

Nvidia Control Panel Missing

Do you have the DCH driver installed? You need to grab the controlpanel from the Microsoft Store if you do. If you don't then just DDU your driver in safe mode, plug out the ethernet/wireless connection and install the standard Nvidia driver manually. This will fix it. I can write or link you a step-by guide if you are unfamiliar with it.

DCH Version/Nvidia Control panel: Buy NVIDIA Control Panel - Microsoft Store

Faith, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Nvidia Control Panel Missing

It says "NVIDIA Control Panel is currently not available." what should I do next?

obaidrasheed18, Jul 9, 2020
  4. NVidia control panel won't install from Microsoft store.

Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store

I'm on the latest Windows 10. I've just installed an NVIDIA graphics card. Every day I get a popup saying NVIDIA control panel is not installed. A link in it takes me to the Microsoft Store, a page called NVIDIA Control Panel. There's a link 'Get'.

When I click this link in Chrome or Edge I get a popup giving the choice Open URL:ms-windows-store? or Cancel. I click to open the store and nothing happens. If I click the same link in Firefox I get a screen saying The Address wasn't understood, with the
    following: 'Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (ms-windows-store) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.'

The NVIDIA site says the Control Panel is only available through the Microsoft store.

How can I actually get this NVIDIA Control Panel?

NormanLamont, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

NVidia control panel won't install from Microsoft store.

1. NVidia control panel won't install from Microsoft store. - Similar Threads - NVidia control panel

2. Microsoft Store Won't Install Apps & NVIDIA Control Panel Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Won't Install Apps & NVIDIA Control Panel Won't Open: Hello,I previously posted on this topic, but have yet to get any solution to this issue: Windows 11 Microsoft Store Won't Install Apps NVIDIA - Microsoft Community Additionally, apparently Microsoft makes it exceedingly difficult to chat with support, as my help and feedback...
  3. Microsoft Store Won't Install Apps & NVIDIA Control Panel Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Won't Install Apps & NVIDIA Control Panel Won't Open: Hello,I previously posted on this topic, but have yet to get any solution to this issue: Windows 11 Microsoft Store Won't Install Apps NVIDIA - Microsoft Community Additionally, apparently Microsoft makes it exceedingly difficult to chat with support, as my help and feedback...
  4. Windows 11 Microsoft Store Won't Install Apps NVIDIA Control Panel Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microsoft Store Won't Install Apps NVIDIA Control Panel Won't Open: Hiya Folks~ I am encountering a problem with installing apps from the Microsoft Store in Windows 11. I am able to search and the app page will load, but when I hit the Get button, it starts attempting to download and install, but instead of hitting either of these steps, the...
  5. Windows 11 Microsoft Store Won't Install Apps NVIDIA Control Panel Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Microsoft Store Won't Install Apps NVIDIA Control Panel Won't Open: Hiya Folks~ I am encountering a problem with installing apps from the Microsoft Store in Windows 11. I am able to search and the app page will load, but when I hit the Get button, it starts attempting to download and install, but instead of hitting either of these steps, the...
  6. Unable to download NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft store: Hi I recently installed a DCH driver from NVIDIA "445.87-desktop-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql ". In Microsoft store page shows NVIDIA control panel is installed and it appears in context menu. But clicking on the control panel does nothing. After reading about the...
  7. Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store: Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store I'm on the latest Windows 10. I've just installed an NVIDIA graphics card. Every day I get a popup saying NVIDIA control panel is not installed. everytime i try to download this ******* control panel app from the...
  8. Nvidia Control Panel won't install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia Control Panel won't install: So the other day I was having a few issues with Nvidia's latest drivers. I decided that I would roll back, and used Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode to uninstall my drivers. I installed my older, previously working driver version using Nsudo, and NvSlimmer. I performed...
  9. Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store: I'm on the latest Windows 10. I've just installed an NVIDIA graphics card. Every day I get a popup saying NVIDIA control panel is not installed. A link in it takes me to the Microsoft Store, a page called NVIDIA Control Panel. There's a link 'Get'. When I click this link in...
  10. NVIDIA Control Panel won't open

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA Control Panel won't open: I can't get the NVIDIA Control Panel to open. I click on it through the Windows Control Panel and the cursor will spin for a few seconds, and you can see the process start and run for a few seconds in the Task Manager, then it stops. Will not open up. Tried rebooting, but no...