Windows 10: Nvidia Control Panel won't install

Discus and support Nvidia Control Panel won't install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So the other day I was having a few issues with Nvidia's latest drivers. I decided that I would roll back, and used Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vClean, Feb 5, 2020.

1. /u/vClean Win User

Nvidia Control Panel won't install

So the other day I was having a few issues with Nvidia's latest drivers. I decided that I would roll back, and used Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode to uninstall my drivers. I installed my older, previously working driver version using Nsudo, and NvSlimmer. I performed a clean installation so that everything would install fresh, and I immediately noticed that Nvidia Control Panel didn't show up when I right-clicked on the desktop.

I have tried installing multiple different drivers from Nvidia with and without Nsudo and NvSlimmer. I've used DDU to uninstall these each time to ensure that they are completely uninstalled, although I have tried installing the new drivers using GeForce Experience without uninstalling the old ones first, which also didn't work.

I have seen advice to download Nvidia Control Panel from the Microsoft Store. However, I have always used Windows debloaters, and currently do not have the Windows store installed. I have tried reinstalling the Microsoft Store to try and install Nvidia Control panel, but I get errors saying that "AppXManifest.xml" does not exist. I used to have the Microsoft Store installed, but got errors whenever I would press 'get' to install a new app, so I doubt that it would help at all anyway.

Has anybody else solved this?

I have a laptop that has Nvidia Control Panel installed, and a working Microsoft Store if I could download it onto there, and use a USB drive to transfer the files? I would just have no idea about how to go about that.

I also have access to Virtual Machine software on my PC, if that is helpful.

Thanks for any advice, I will also post to r/Nvidia to see if they have a solution, but I want to avoid posting to the Windows 10 official Microsoft forums, their support always seems to be completely useless.

submitted by /u/vClean
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vClean, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Faith Win User

Nvidia Control Panel Missing

Do you have the DCH driver installed? You need to grab the controlpanel from the Microsoft Store if you do. If you don't then just DDU your driver in safe mode, plug out the ethernet/wireless connection and install the standard Nvidia driver manually. This will fix it. I can write or link you a step-by guide if you are unfamiliar with it.

DCH Version/Nvidia Control panel: Buy NVIDIA Control Panel - Microsoft Store

Faith, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Nvidia Control Panel Missing

It says "NVIDIA Control Panel is currently not available." what should I do next?

obaidrasheed18, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Suman_B Win User

Windows 10 version 1903 Nvidia Control Panel issues.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that nvidia Control Panel is not accepting desktop color settings correctly, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some
    information.

1. What is the Make and the Model of the computer?
    2. May I know the Model of the nvidia Graphic card?

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Change the output dynamic range to full.

1. Open nvidia control panel.
    2. Click on Display.
    3. Select Change resolution.
    4. Output dynamic range
    5. Set this value to Full.

Method 2: Update nvidia Graphic driver.

Suggest you to update the nvidia Graphic driver from the

nvidia website
    and check if it fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Nvidia Control Panel won't install - Similar Threads - Nvidia Control Panel

2. Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia control panel: So in the nvidia control panel in the manage display mode I changed it to nvidia gpu only but i want to change to auto select and now it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel/e41b6bb4-942a-403b-96a5-b05da0cd1afc
  3. Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia control panel: So in the nvidia control panel in the manage display mode I changed it to nvidia gpu only but i want to change to auto select and now it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel/e41b6bb4-942a-403b-96a5-b05da0cd1afc
  4. nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  5. nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  6. Nvidia Control Panel won't open

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Control Panel won't open: Well, I am having this problem that Nvidia Control Panel won't open on my PC. I uninstalled and reinstalled. The PC was restarted, Still wont open. Tried going in through Control Panel and open it. Error comes up saying "application not found" Even after uninstalling and...
  7. NVidia control panel won't install from Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVidia control panel won't install from Microsoft store.: I keep getting the error : Change where you install apps This app must install to your system drive, but that's not the default. Go to Storage > Change where new content is saved, select your system drive, and retry your install. Windows is installed on my C drive along...
  8. No nVidia Control panel

No nVidia Control panel: Just bought a 1650 Super. Tried to install drivers. Complains not compatible with my version of Windows (1809, 17763.1), Only the DCH drive will install (after booting to safe mode and using DDU to first uninstall the driver that wouldn't install anyway). Problem with DCH is...
  9. NVIDIA Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA Control Panel: Hi, I can't access to NVIDA Control Panel in my laptop. When I double click to NVIDIA Control Panel Icon in Control Home Panel. I get this message ( You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDA GPU ) Please advice how to activate. Thanks....
  10. NVIDIA Control Panel won't open

NVIDIA Control Panel won't open: I can't get the NVIDIA Control Panel to open. I click on it through the Windows Control Panel and the cursor will spin for a few seconds, and you can see the process start and run for a few seconds in the Task Manager, then it stops. Will not open up. Tried rebooting, but no...