Windows 10: NVIDIA Control Panel won't open

Discus and support NVIDIA Control Panel won't open in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I can't get the NVIDIA Control Panel to open. I click on it through the Windows Control Panel and the cursor will spin for a few seconds, and you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Alley Cat, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Alley Cat Win User

NVIDIA Control Panel won't open

I can't get the NVIDIA Control Panel to open. I click on it through the Windows Control Panel and the cursor will spin for a few seconds, and you can see the process start and run for a few seconds in the Task Manager, then it stops. Will not open up. Tried rebooting, but no help. The system shows as up-to-date. Any ideas?

:)

Alley Cat, Aug 6, 2015

2. Every Time I Clean Boot my Nvidia Control Panel Stops Working

I tried to download Aerize Optimizer from Microsoft Store and it failed with error code 0x80240024. I did a suggested clean boot and my Nvidia Control Panel won't open. Sometimes it gives the message "Nvidia Control Panel Application 8.0.1.something
    has stopped working..." Sometimes it just won't open. In any event, I've never been able to download Aerize Optimizer or use my Nvidia Control Panel after a clean boot.

StephenPlunkett, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Ralf_G Win User
    Nvidia Control Panel - Disappeared after Windows 10 Version 1703 update

Open Windows Control Panel and then open the NVidia Control Panel by double clicking its icon. In the top menu of NVidia Control Panel there is a heading called "Desktop" with two switches, one to enable the Desktop context menu (ie right click for Nvidia
    control panel) and the other switch to put an NVidia icon in your Notification tray.

NVIDIA Control Panel won't open [​IMG]

Note that if you are using MS update video drivers there probably won't be an NVidia control panel installed with it. You'd need to download and install the appropriate drivers from NVidia, or your computer manufacturer if they supply Windows 10 drivers
    for the video card.

Ralf_G, Aug 6, 2015
  4. UKMedia Win User

Hi

Did you clean install the driver, via the Custom option?

Regards

UKMedia, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Alley Cat Win User
    I'm honestly not sure where the Custom option is yet. *Sad

However, I went into Control Panel/Device Manager and clicked on the display adapter. I selected "Update Driver" and it downloaded and installed 353.62. After I rebooted I had a NVIDIA icon in the system tray which I was able to right-click and launch the control panel from there. Interestingly enough, Windows Update said their were no updates when I checked last night.

Anyway, looks like problem solved. Thanks for the response!

Alley Cat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NVIDIA Control Panel won't open - Similar Threads - NVIDIA Control Panel

2. Nvidia Control Panel not opening Help...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia Control Panel not opening Help...: I can not access Nvidia Control Panel when I clicked it it does no function.What could be the problem.My driver date is 20/10/2021 and 30.0.14.9649 version.Any solutions ?...
  3. Nvidia Control Panel not opening Help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Control Panel not opening Help...: I can not access Nvidia Control Panel when I clicked it it does no function.What could be the problem.My driver date is 20/10/2021 and 30.0.14.9649 version.Any solutions ?...
  4. Nvidia Control Panel not opening Help...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Nvidia Control Panel not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia Control Panel not opening: I can not access Nvidia Control Panel when I clicked it it does no function.What could be the problem.My driver date is 20/10/2021 and 30.0.14.9649 version.Any solutions ?...
  6. Nvidia Control Panel not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Control Panel not opening: I can not access Nvidia Control Panel when I clicked it it does no function.What could be the problem.My driver date is 20/10/2021 and 30.0.14.9649 version.Any solutions ?...
  7. Nvidia Control Panel not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Nvidia Control Panel won't open

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Control Panel won't open: Well, I am having this problem that Nvidia Control Panel won't open on my PC. I uninstalled and reinstalled. The PC was restarted, Still wont open. Tried going in through Control Panel and open it. Error comes up saying "application not found" Even after uninstalling and...
  9. Nvidia Control Panel won't install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia Control Panel won't install: So the other day I was having a few issues with Nvidia's latest drivers. I decided that I would roll back, and used Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode to uninstall my drivers. I installed my older, previously working driver version using Nsudo, and NvSlimmer. I performed...
  10. nvidia control panel wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    nvidia control panel wont open: i click the panel and it doesnt open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel-wont-open/11925cd8-055f-4fdd-8fae-411a8d4f6949