Windows 10: Nvidia Display Container LS is Constant On / High CPU usage

Discus and support Nvidia Display Container LS is Constant On / High CPU usage in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So the topic says it , i researched and found quite a bunch complaining about this behavior since 2018 yet i have not faced that but recently , a work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Nvidia Display Container LS is Constant On / High CPU usage

So the topic says it , i researched and found quite a bunch complaining about this behavior since 2018 yet i have not faced that but recently , a work around they figured was to restart the service where they say this method buys them time until next restart . i tried that and it kinda worked yet however i am using a laptop and on resuming from hibernation which i do often the service fires itself and go crazy again .

sooo i decided to disable it , funny thing is i cant seem to suffer from anything really , no games complain , everything run smoothly and yet no high cpu usage , extra heat , gpu strain , so my question is , what is this stupid service about and what are the risks of turning it off ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Rick.T Win User

Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, Jul 10, 2019
  3. windows 10 high constant cpu usage

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?
    I would like to inform you that High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Additional info:

Performance & maintenance

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/performance-maintenance-help#performance-maintenance-help=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Nvidia Display Container LS is Constant On / High CPU usage

CPU running high due to NVIDIA container process

Win 10 Pro x64 1709 single user desktop, i7-4790K, 32 GB ram, plenty of SSD/HDD. For the first time in memory, there's a blue circle constantly running alongside the mouse cursor this morning, which got me to check CPU usage. I've identified what's causing it, the NVIDIA LocalSystem Container process, which was updated last night (drivers and sound). Is that process necessary? I don't play games and haven't seen any problems since disabling it in Autoruns. With it, CPU in Task Mgr shows in the 30% range; without it, CPU usage is down around 2-5%. Any thoughts, suggestions?

highstream, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Nvidia Display Container LS is Constant On / High CPU usage

1. Nvidia Display Container LS is Constant On / High CPU usage - Similar Threads - Nvidia Display Container

2. High CPU usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage.: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.239) How to fix high CPU usage. When I run any program the CPU usage will be above 80%. When I checked it I found some processes which are using high CPU usage. Desktop Windows Manager -> 10.8% Windows Audio Device...
  3. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: HI, I notice after the latest update I started having 25%+ CPU usage due to window update and Orchestrator Service!! Can yo help? thx [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage/26ad2e5f-dfaf-4478-9b8e-ef7cddd842d5
  4. high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    high CPU usage: When I start my computer, everything works fine. However, before long the ventilators start running and howling. I checked with the Task manager I found that "Logon GUI Application" was using about 70-80% of my CPU....
  5. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: Hi I submitted a question about system interrupts process using over 20% of my CPU also probably related to some bluescreen errors (happened two times thus far). I was told to check my drivers and so I did using driver verifier command. When I restarted the pc it showed a...
  6. CPU Usage HIGH

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Usage HIGH: Hello guys good day, any idea about my problem with windows 10 pro 64bit. i notice this high cpu usage after changing my usb keyboard to ps2. . when i was using usb keyboard , i never encounter this problem but my keyboard wont funtion anymore. so i change it to a PS2...
  7. high cpu usage

high cpu usage: Since upgrading from windows 7 to 10 my pc has been slowed down to a crawl by periods of very high cpu usage. A major culprit, but not the only one, is local security authority process. This makes the laptop overheat , reduces battery life and slows work to a crawl. I have...
  8. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: Hi All, Running Windows 10 Pro x64 Just noticed a lot of lag on my online game when I was logging into it. I closed it and noticed my computer was slow responding. I opened Task Manager to see CPU was 90% I looked to see what was causing this and did notice the Service...
  9. High CPU Usage

High CPU Usage: Hi. I have a problem with my laptop since yesterday. Something invisible is using very high cpu usage. I said invisible because it didn't show in task manager and process explorer. It all comes when I was browsing some pictures in Google and downloading YouTube videos...
  10. Extremely high constant CPU usage

Extremely high constant CPU usage: So up until this morning my Windows 10 desktop has been performing really well. When the machine is idle the CPU use is only in the 1-3% range. For some reason my idle CPU use is now CONSTANTLY 30-40% (even after a reboot)! Task manager says its "Service Host: Local System...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia display container ls high cpu usage