Windows 10: Nvidia driver 430.39 causes high CPU usage on Windows for some users

Discus and support Nvidia driver 430.39 causes high CPU usage on Windows for some users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Nvidia recently released version 430.39 of its graphics driver for Windows with support for Microsoft’s May 2019 Update, improvements and tons of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 28, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Nvidia driver 430.39 causes high CPU usage on Windows for some users

Nvidia recently released version 430.39 of its graphics driver for Windows with support for Microsoft’s May 2019 Update, improvements and tons of general bug fixes. The new release for Nvidia GeForce graphics driver also added support for new CPUs, new G-Sync compatible monitors and more.

While the update comes with notable improvements, some users are reporting that Nvidia driver 430.39 causes high CPU usage and the culprit is the nvcontainer process. In the comments section of Reddit, a few users have noted that Nvidia display container (Display.NvContainer) is constantly using the CPU of their PCs.

“Nvidia display container LS is now constantly hogging 10% CPU usage even at idle without anything running. Restarting the system gets rid of it for a while but it comes back,” a Reddit user noted. “Same exact issue here, mine runs 15-20% and is constantly using my CPU fan, went back to the previous driver until NVIDIA fixes it,” another supported the reports of the problem.

Another user writes that NVContainer will start consuming a bit of CPU even after a system reboot. “You’ll see if you restart your computer and wait a little the NVcontainer will start using 15-20% of CPU and eat power usage. Definitely a pretty significant bug in this release,” the user writes.

The higher CPU usage for NVDisplay.Container.exe

Fortunately, Nvidia has already acknowledged the problem and the company is working on a fix. In a forum post, Nvidia employee stated that the company was able to reproduce the said bug and is preparing a fix to address the glitch.

“Thank you. We have been able to reproduce the bug consistently now and are currently testing a fix,” the employee wrote.

Nvidia driver 430.39 causes high CPU usage on Windows for some users Nvidia-CPU-usage-reason.jpg

At the moment, Nvidia hasn’t published any workaround to deal with the problem. But you can always rollback to the previous version of the graphics driver and stick with it until Nvidia fixes this bug.

The post Nvidia driver 430.39 causes high CPU usage on Windows for some users appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 28, 2019

2. WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

Hi,

Glad you reached out. First, we would like to know if Explorer.exe
    is the only cause of high CPU usage. Because the common cause of high CPU usage are the following:

- Windows 10 Memory leak after the update.

- Driver incompatibilities after the update.

- Multiple startup applications

We'll be waiting for your update.

Richard tie, Apr 28, 2019
  3. kenalbus Win User
    Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Apr 28, 2019
  4. iangie Win User

WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

I am using Surface Pro 3 (i5, 8G RAM)

After WIN10 v1703 update, Windows Explorer uses ~30-40% CPU.

If I uncheck "Show thumbnails instead of icons" in the Performance Options, the CPU usage of Windows Explorer reduces to ~0%

Any suggestion why showing thumbnails cause so high CPU usage in v1703?

Thanks!

iangie, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Nvidia driver 430.39 causes high CPU usage on Windows for some users - Similar Threads - Nvidia driver 430

2. Driver Failure + High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Failure + High CPU usage: so I recently updated the window on 16th march, then my headphone started to not working even at full volume. But when I tried with a Bluetooth headphone it worked. I checked the Driver in device manager and saw that there's a driver failure in Realtek Digital Output RealtekR...
  3. Driver Failure + High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Failure + High CPU usage: so I recently updated the window on 16th march, then my headphone started to not working even at full volume. But when I tried with a Bluetooth headphone it worked. I checked the Driver in device manager and saw that there's a driver failure in Realtek Digital Output RealtekR...
  4. High CPU Usage Caused by TiWorker.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU Usage Caused by TiWorker.exe: There's an unusual process called TiWorker.exe. Previous posts say that this is a Windows Update process, but this process runs for hours and heavily uses my CPU 50-70%. How can I delete it entirely or at least disable it permanently?...
  5. smartscreen.exe causing high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    smartscreen.exe causing high CPU usage: My Win 10 20H2 build 19042.867 is running 25 to 40% CPU when no programs are running! I have an AMD Ryzen 7 CPU, 3700u running at 2.3 GHz. I have 20 GB of RAM. When the Win 10 CPU is running at 45-50%, the heat in the CPU cores elevates to ~60-70 deg C. Checking the TASK...
  6. ntoskrnl.exe causing high cpu usage.

ntoskrnl.exe causing high cpu usage.: Hello, Some months ago I started to see high cpu usage from ntoskrnl.exe. It is constantly using around 4%-20% of my cpu, and it never stops. I tried using windows defender but nothing changed, I also updated my nvidia drivers. I sometimes get blue screens, but it isn't...
  7. Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage

Windows Driver Foundation High CPU Usage: I recently started to get this problem i have done system maintenance troubleshoot and uninstalling my Wi-Fi adapters but i still get 80%+ CPU usage and the temperature is around 80-90 degrees i checked if i was running on the latest windows and i am. This is been like this...
  8. acpi.sys causing high cpu usage

acpi.sys causing high cpu usage: can someone look at this file i made using windows performance recorder and tell me what is causing the high cpu usage? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mXp-vD0NaPsi6IF3F0vk6k_nRfOM1n0Y/view?usp=sharing...
  9. Microsoft.Photos.exe causes high cpu usage!

Microsoft.Photos.exe causes high cpu usage!: Whenever my computer is idle (and sometimes when I'm using it) this app starts up and sucks 100% of my CPU and heats up my computer. I noticed several posts from 2016 of people reporting this and I guess it was supposed to be fixed but I guess it hasn't. How to I fix this...
  10. CertPropSvc causes high CPU usage

CertPropSvc causes high CPU usage: Hello, a couple of weeks ago I noticed that my computer started to slow down due to high CPU usage. After some research I figured out that this is caused by a service called CertPropSvc (Microsoft Smartcard Certificate Propagation Service). If I manually stop the...